Thread: Problem with this Warring State total war region map

Default Problem with this Warring State total war region map

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	308914Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	975.4 KB 
ID:	308915Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	395.1 KB 
ID:	308916

Hi guys, I had download a Warring state total war mod from a website, a Chinese version, as I wanted to play Warring state total war for very long. I do not know how to create a mod and I do not know programming. Hence I wish to seek advice or help from you guys.

I have discovered that there was a region on the campaign map that will display distorted image when I had battles at the region or the city or even if I just want to take a view at the city. Due to this distorted image or battle map, I am unable see any of the terrain and also unable to play the game. The only option I have is to auto-resolved when it comes to battle. Also, if I were to take a view at the city, when I try to view other cities, they appear to be distorted also. can anyone help me regarding this problem, Please? The region that has the problem, I had circled it in black.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Problem with this Warring State total war region map

Possible causes

#1 Corrupted installation (unless other mods/base game play fine)

#2 Corrupted mod version

#3 The mod developers may have made a mistake in the city planning files and released it as such. (and another problem like improper textures, I recognize that textures problem)

Theoretically if it was an error in the files the game should crash but these types of graphical errors have been known to sneak past nonetheless.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Pink splotches on the map are usually the result of pixels that do not match one of the colors defined in descr_regions.txt. To verify this its easy, simply open the corresponding map_regions.tga in a photo editing program (paint.net, photoshop, gimp, etc) choose the magic wand tool with a tolerence/threshold of 0 (so it only picks the exact colour you're after) and click on the region. You should see the entire regions except for one black and possibly one white pixel selected (if there's a port) any other non-selected pixels in a region are not actually the correct color.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

sounds like a bunch of complicated stuff to me.. no idea how to do it. I had only this mod, so i think its the mob developers might have make the mistakes, sigh... its quite hard to communicate with them since they are from china, plus I think they had stop developing. Pity. its a good mod.

If i were to do those editings, I will have to go for courses and buy alot of programs.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Possible causes

#1 Corrupted installation (unless other mods/base game play fine)

#2 Corrupted mod version

#3 The mod developers may have made a mistake in the city planning files and released it as such. (and another problem like improper textures, I recognize that textures problem)

Theoretically if it was an error in the files the game should crash but these types of graphical errors have been known to sneak past nonetheless.
    regarding the #3, is there anything I can do about with the codings? can I copy and paste another region with a settlement to replace it? If possible how do i do it?

BTW, thank you Z3n and Squid for replying and providing solutions to my thread

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

From what you told us, it seems that the problem appears in every city not just this one. So it probably won't work. The settlement plans apply to every city in a culture, usually you can tell which culture a faction is a part of by the history behind them. For example if they come from Germany, they should be a part of the Barbarian culture.

Also it may not even be that problem in full- because this is a graphical issue I encountered before when working on a Chinese mod. I don't know what they do to make it have these strange texture errors but they somehow do it... An experienced graphics modder would know more.

Do the mod developers have a site where you can ask questions? Maybe you can contact them there. My advice would be don't bother continuing to play that mod (with all due respect to the Warring States mod creators).

Try this one instead it is for MTW2 Kingdoms expansion but my bet is you won't encounter any game breaking bugs. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...ingdoms-(RotK)
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)