Thread: Guard the Way

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Default Guard the Way

Prince Regent Rors sent out his orders to Lord Yronwood to mount the main defence of Dorne against the potential attack from the Stormlands. Not only was it the only way in to Dorne, it was the only way out. Prince's Pass could be a turning point too, but unless the Boneway held taking Nightsong was useless. Or at least, so Rors reasoned. He told himself that he had thought of all the possibilities. He was after all the Cyvassian.

Yronwood, Bloodroyal, cousin of my father's line I grant you the command of the host. And to my other cousins, House Dayne of my mother's line I grant command of the rearguard and any forward position he sees fit. Lady Allyrion has granted her men unto your force, with whom she sends Ser Ryon Allyrion. Furthermore I send 10,000 Light Infantry, 2500 archers and 5000 Light Cavalry.

Yronwood, if your formation exceeds 25,000 men, the surplus are to remain at Yronwood and await further instructions. I recommend that these men are heavy infantry.
    Last edited by Hengest; June 15, 2014 at 01:22 PM.

Default Re: Guard the Way

Reserved for when I have counted up my men.

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Daynes post when a figure out how im rping my character

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

The fleet under Lord Uller's command arrived at Yronwood. Harren disembarked and asked for an audience with Lord Yronwood

A rider arrives from the south and begins nailing up decrees on the doors of the major buildings in Yronwood.

Due to the ineptitude of House Yronwood, House Dayne and House Allyrion the reinforcements of 17,000 men are rescinded and the northern mission is to proceed unaided. Prince-Regent Rors condemns these Houses as complicit in the rebellion by their lack of devotion to their military duties. Prince-Regent Rors calls upon all loyal warriors of Dorne to fulfil their oaths and when the war is done to hold their masters accountable for their lack of action.
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken. In the name of House Nymeros-Martell, Princes of the South.

The same rider proceeds to Lord Uller's pavillion and bows handing forth a sealed scroll.

"My lord, new orders from the Prince have arrived. You are to take 17,300 men from the archers, light infantry and light cavalry and sail in the levy ships up the river of the Red Watch in the 173 flat-bottomed levy ships. You are to alight at Stonehelm and take command of the garrison there and establish taxes from the smallfolk."