View Poll Results: With the RGM 7.4 finally out what do you think about CAI and Overall game play

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfect, keep it like this,evertyhing sync corretly

11 68.75%
  • Good, but still CAI need to reduced its term of hostility, overall everything is quite balance

4 25.00%
  • Average,its not i dont like the new update but i just miss the old passive CAI

0 0%
  • Bad,please revert it into original state,especialy now AI finally bring siege eguipment like rome 2

1 6.25%
  • Very bad,every tweak you do just make the gameplay turn into harder to complete,almost imposible, i just want to win that all

0 0%
  • Unplayable, your mod Sir is one hell of mess, the ui,CAI,evertyhing is wrong, i Hate This Mod, even rubik's cube is better then playing your mod

0 0%
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: |RGM| Real Garrison Mod 7.7 is Out !!!

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Default Re: |RGM| Real Garrison Mod 7.4

Fair enough! Back to enjoying my campaign.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: |RGM| Real Garrison Mod 7.4

After playing a while i decided to remove bem and z castled, because the potential bug battle ai path finding + stuter that can ruin the gameplay, still you can play either bem or z castled by downloaded from their respected modder.Its still save game compatible, i will uploaded the fix version.So anyone who get besieged by CAI can play without worry the ai just stuck in the battle.They also can use either bem or z castle, or both of them.

The Cai done the job perfectly just the BAI CANT support it since there are problem with pathfinding,not to mention the stuter during battle.Will upload the new core pack and main pack soon. Or anyone who have some skill with PFM can do it by themself you just need to open the core pack first,search battleterrain,expand delete presets and radar, then open text ,db, delete battles.loc. Done. Now open the main.pack ,search db, delete battlefield_buildings_tables and battles_tables.Done. No need to download. Well if you think its hard then feel free to download again.Thanks for reading

See the AI JUST SIT SILENT no attempt to climb the castle, that why you must either download the fix version or attempt to fix it by yourself
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; October 09, 2014 at 06:44 AM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Default Re: |RGM| Real Garrison Mod 7.4 (Fix)

what do u mean "mod status: suspended indefinitely"?? like dead??

Quote Originally Posted by 007Jua007 View Post
    what do u mean "mod status: suspended indefinitely"?? like dead??
    Its mean the modder take vacation and stop mod work progress for indefinitely time
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

hahahaha thank you! enjoy your time! ill enjoy your mod! ;-)

Hello Junaidi,

I was looking at your Mod and was very excited about your mathematical approach to your unit stats etc only to be confused when actually installing your mod and seeing that units had very high armour and defence stats.

The reason I was confused was, I read your post about formulising stats and you presented a very good formula to work out your unit stats and this is what I was expecting.

It seems that you have made the kill speed values in kv_rules_table in db very high and then your formula had to adjust the armour and defence values to make melee last longer.

When I play any other mod this is the first thing I change to make battles last longer.

In db kv_rules_table there is factor_attackdir_flankleft, factor_attackdir_flankright, factor_attackdir_flankright, factor_attackdir_rear
    These are by far the most important factors in battle as they seem to be the main kill speed ratio value and are normally set at values of 1,4,8 in most mods this may be Vanilla settings, yours are set at 0,8,25
    I'm sure that higher values increase kill speeds like 8 = 8x faster kill rate and 25 = 25x faster kill rate from attack rear.
    I'm pretty sure that setting it to 0 will just reset it back to default 1

I set these to 0.4 attack front 0.6 attacking side and 0.8 attack rear, the kill speed in battles are reduced significantly without changing armour and defence values.
    Theory is that 1 is the normal kill speed so 0.5 is a 50% reduction in kill speeds therefore melee will last 50% longer, 0.25 is 75% reduction to kill speeds and so on.

My thoughts are its better to lower these stats and increase a moral drop to the attacked unit in _kv_morale_tables instead, so attacking there rear will make them break with just the unit charge values and a moral reduction by being attack in the rear (was_attacked_in_rear -20) and having exposed flanks rather than a huge boost to kill rate.

There are also other hidden speed kill factors that can be reduced to help slow up melee like hnbonus_melee_cavalry_v_infantry, melee_charge_factor_power_divisor, projectile_damage_armour_divisor and in unit stats melee_bonus_vs_cavalry

I think you would be interested in these values as am I, they would factor well with your original thoughts on stat balances which I totally agreed with.

You can also adjust the projectile_damage_armour_divisor added with the projectiles damage to get a good balance of armour protection so low armoured units die to arrows while heavy armoured units are almost invincible against arrows but all die against muskets this helps with the armour upgrades through buildings being worth while.

I would like to hear your thoughts on ranged units, as I like to increase there range ie: bows 200, muskets 225, grenades 100, etc but lower their dmg and increase spread making them much more fun to use - dilemma - waste ammo at range or risk being over run with lots of spare ammo that could have been used also grenades I set to have a minimum range of 20-25 so they don't kill their own units all the time. I have tested ranges of 300+ and settled on ranges that appear realistic of 180 - 250 depending on training, skill lvl and weapon type.

You have always typed well thought out posts and have created a fine mod, if you do come back to modding maybe you could look at these values some more and add your skills to them, I would welcome them.

Cheers and thanks for your work Bob

hahahaha thank you! enjoy your time! ill enjoy your mod! ;-)
    Hahahah glad you like it

It seems that you have made the kill speed values in kv_rules_table in db very high and then your formula had to adjust the armour and defence values to make melee last longer.

When I play any other mod this is the first thing I change to make battles last longer.

In db kv_rules_table there is factor_attackdir_flankleft, factor_attackdir_flankright, factor_attackdir_flankright, factor_attackdir_rear
    These are by far the most important factors in battle as they seem to be the main kill speed ratio value and are normally set at values of 1,4,8 in most mods this may be Vanilla settings, yours are set at 0,8,25
    I'm sure that higher values increase kill speeds like 8 = 8x faster kill rate and 25 = 25x faster kill rate from attack rear.
    I'm pretty sure that setting it to 0 will just reset it back to default 1

I set these to 0.4 attack front 0.6 attacking side and 0.8 attack rear, the kill speed in battles are reduced significantly without changing armour and defence values.
    Theory is that 1 is the normal kill speed so 0.5 is a 50% reduction in kill speeds therefore melee will last 50% longer, 0.25 is 75% reduction to kill speeds and so on.

My thoughts are its better to lower these stats and increase a moral drop to the attacked unit in _kv_morale_tables instead, so attacking there rear will make them break with just the unit charge values and a moral reduction by being attack in the rear (was_attacked_in_rear -20) and having exposed flanks rather than a huge boost to kill rate.

There are also other hidden speed kill factors that can be reduced to help slow up melee like hnbonus_melee_cavalry_v_infantry, melee_charge_factor_power_divisor, projectile_damage_armour_divisor and in unit stats melee_bonus_vs_cavalry
    Excellent input Sir Bob, yes the reason i put armour into so high because i completly forget about the fact that it can be controled via kv rule table, thanks for pointed my wrong, i will try my hand when i back into modding, its a bit dilema back there because the stats is already well created from scrath, but i want it more longer battle so, the only option in my head back there is increasing armour and melee defense, while the result is almost the same like normal stats in term of casuality,but more longer battle then usual

I would like to hear your thoughts on ranged units, as I like to increase there range ie: bows 200, muskets 225, grenades 100, etc but lower their dmg and increase spread making them much more fun to use - dilemma - waste ammo at range or risk being over run with lots of spare ammo that could have been used also grenades I set to have a minimum range of 20-25 so they don't kill their own units all the time. I have tested ranges of 300+ and settled on ranges that appear realistic of 180 - 250 depending on training, skill lvl and weapon type.
    If you ask me about the range unit, i dont think range is the main problem, have you noticed even you add your range like 1000 for bow, in the end when the enemy main forces and your collide into each other, the bow cant fired again even we can see clear field of enemy lined ready to shoot from behind our lined so the advantages to keep our archer behind lines is almost 0,just compare with med 2 longbowmen, or any range unit you can see the arrow trajectory in med 2 is way better then rome 2 or shogun 2,this is the biggest problem for range i think not to mention you losed the advantages tactics of send less quality unit as bait to hold the line while the archer thin enemy rank.Actually about range, actualy when i created it they also already been carefully plan, did you notice then actualy there is different range between ashigaru and elite rank, but still gun will outrange them,about range units,there are many argue about what righ and what wrong, some people claim,its should like 175 other just said its better 155, i think its more like personal option, i return it to the user itself to decide its,since changing projectile is quite easy actually, but to satisfied everyone is the challenge,since finding the zone where everyone can agree is realy difficult,and almost imposibble.Like i said, your game, your rule, i prefer to made the tutorial how to change the projectile range so anyone who dont satisfied can mod itself, win win solution right ^^.

Is there any mods in shogun 2 that actualy able to make arrow trajectory similiar like med 2 ? if you found one just tell me, i am more eager to learn from their mods how to do it.

You have always typed well thought out posts and have created a fine mod, if you do come back to modding maybe you could look at these values some more and add your skills to them, I would welcome them.

Cheers and thanks for your work Bob
    Thank you for the kind word and supportive input Bob i will look the problem, and hope to return the armour value into original while keeping battle time like now, i also plan to make arrow trajectory like med 2 where you can put spearmen and archer tactic combo,hold the line and thin enemy ranks from behind. Not to mention to recolour unit card in similiar colour like jfc style. But right now i just want to enjoy my vacation.

If you are avid modder,you will notice something in my mods that never been done by any modder in shogun 2 or even rome 2 despite the golden eggs already in front of their eyes just its never been well documented,many just simply never noticed it or just never use it to the full potential,because its need secondary system to support it or you just ruin the entire campaign gameplay.Many people said C.A is done poor job in CAI development, this is the most common opinion in many people.Actualy most of us is wrong, C.A done terrific job in making Campaign AI that actualy smart enough, its just its never to be used to full potential.Yeah we modder already try to fix it, but its seem many of us just looking in wrong direction or maybe just fix half of it.Try couple turn in campaign, i bet you will find many interesting and smart move that CAI actualy can do in the game.Its also effect the diplomacy and the way of the game itself.And the good news its also can be applied to rome 2 as well,i already check some famous mods like DEI mods and actualy see that this little tweak is not been implemented into the the mods itself. This tweak already mention in Sir Hedge CAI tutorial but its well hidden

Have you play this, its quite addictive realy
    Shadow of Mordor

Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; October 31, 2014 at 09:47 AM.

Ah yeah Shadow of Mordor, my friend has just done a new pc upgrade just to play this game £1,000 Nice if you have the coin.
    From what I saw of him playing it, It was a awesome looking game and play was looking real fun. The reviews of the game say that is a good game but playability is short, like a week and game is finished.

I will probably buy this game soon after what I saw at my friends house.

About ranged units especially bows there are so many factors affecting performance that it would probably take ages to work out a good formula, I will look into this.

Thanks Bob

Default Re: |RGM| Real Garrison Mod 7.5 (Beta)

Now folk its been a while i not updated this mod, tonight i give you small updates ,that unlock something that you never see before

Have you notice despite enemy unit collide with your melee defender, your archer still can release deadly volley of fire arrow, and it can strike concentrated enemy forces, right exactly the way of medieval 2 total war archer can do, something that missing from shogun 2 or rome 2.Now your can finaly use archer to the full potential. Thanks to Bob input i also reverted the old stats back again and add some minor tweak. Still this is beta stage sorry for lack of this and lack of that. This is save game compatible. Enjoy the update

Download RGM 7.5 (Beta) in main page
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; November 15, 2014 at 10:25 AM.

Default Re: |RGM| Real Garrison Mod 7.5 (Beta)

Minor update, RGM 7.5 C (Beta) what new :
    - fix incorrect vs horse bonus

More info about archer :
    1.Volley shot, where arrow sent into lop to shower enemy by rain of arrow, the damage is normal (similiar like med 2 archer)
    2.Direct shot/ sniper shot,(standart arrow from vanilla) where arrow release point blank into enemy in close range, the damage is very high, 2x maybe, it have shorter range then volley shot, for now its replace the whistling arrow ability, in next update i will rename the ability properly into "Direct shot".Righ now only elite archer that have access into that powerful ability, like monk and female archer. Very good in ambush or if you able to find perfect spot to decimate enemy general, remember since its work like vanilla arrow, then its require unblocked line of sight, so there is good chance you cant use it if between your enemy and your archer there are another unit.

Download in main page like usual

If you play faction like Date which is plague by CTD try make save every 4-5 turn, since the CTD is not permanent and more random there are good chance you can bypass it.
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; November 17, 2014 at 12:48 PM.

Default Re: |RGM| Real Garrison Mod 7.5 C (Beta)

Fantastic idea! Curious to know how you were able to get the archers to volley.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Quote Originally Posted by McCarronXLD View Post
    Fantastic idea! Curious to know how you were able to get the archers to volley.
    Well its quite simple honestly, in projectile table there is trajectory_sight, just change the value from low to high, and tweak the max_elevation into value lower then 88 so your missile dont go up like rocket into sky.

You know its maybe a hunch, but i guess who ever progammer behind this, will chuckle thinking how many years needed before the modder finally found it.This thing is hardcoded, instead using number as value they use word, like low,high,medium,fixed. They are the easy one to tweak since its have less option , rather free number value like 3, -1, 20. But they are hardcoded, like rome 2 arrow case. There is even more hidden then shogun 2 since in shogun 2 there is trace that value like low or medium can be used, in rome 2 only use low, there is no single high value found, so if one never mod shogun 2 projectile they will not notice that there is hidden value that can be used like medium or high.

Look at the bright side,with this new tweak any modder can free from burden adjusting heavy tweak to the arrow, like abnormal range, or very high damage since both of this tweak to compesate the lack of volley archer can do in the battlefield.I even try this tweak into rome 2 but alas, its not work well like shogun 2, since the arrow flying so high into sky before hit the ground.

Anyway i bring something new other then brand new stats, at least its worth to download it
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; November 18, 2014 at 08:08 PM.

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by McCarronXLD View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for the info.
    You welcome Sir

Just reinstalled the game to try this, but can't make it work, 3 CTD after the vagabond loading screen , no other mod installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyamoto View Post
    Just reinstalled the game to try this, but can't make it work, 3 CTD after the vagabond loading screen , no other mod installed.
    1.Are you have ottomo dlc ?
    2.Have you read and follow the installation manual ?
    3.Are you already edit the user script ?

Sorry for trouble CTD but cant help if i dont have enough data

nvm forgot to make the scrip read only, now it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyamoto View Post
    nvm forgot to make the scrip read only, now it works.
    Glad to hear that, enjoy the mod

Can i use the new bow system in my mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Weierstrass View Post
    Can i use the new bow system in my mod?
    Feel free my friend