Thread: game feels very quick

Default game feels very quick

loving this mod so far, but it feels very fast paced for me, i was wondering why almost all units take only one turn to recruit, are you going to be making the more veteran units or the better units take 2 or more turns to recruit?

Default Re: game feels very quick

I saw this one mod, where recruit is instant, I kinda like that idea since it takes forever to get the type of soldiers you want, I dont wanna be like the AI recruiting just about anything that is available, but seeing how my fraction, Zhang Xiu I am gonna get wipe really quick. I read other post the trade is suppose to be diminishing rate of return, yet cao cao doesnt seem to slow down while I only hold 6 city, and I am alway at negative profit even with lot of trade partner...

i mean that maybe some of the better units take like 2 turns like in shogun 2

actually the selection of units for recruit isnt too bad but I sort of want more than 1 available for recruit. I can never band a perfect army, but if the enemies take recruit turn, u will probably see only peasant and county spearman cause they just recruit w.e is available, cause in my game, majority of my enemy have a great deal peasant and county spearman in all battalion

250 turns in and I have only now unified the north as Cao Cao. Sun Ce is master of the south and the riverlands are locked in eternal war between the Nan confederacy and Liu Zhang. I can't even imagine ever unifying the land at this pace so to me the pacing is pretty painful but fun regardless

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

250 turns = just over 20 years

Seems like a good pace, considering that most mods are a walk over once you reach a certain relative strength.

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    250 turns = just over 20 years

Seems like a good pace, considering that most mods are a walk over once you reach a certain relative strength.
    I agree, Cao Cao didnt just reunite the north in a few years, it took him a very long time to come from running and hiding after attempting dong zhuo's assassination up to the part when he took the central plains and the northern provinces

i like the pace, the pace is good
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

Civis

I beat it with sun then the nanman both very quickly. The map is kinda small and idk if its a bug or intentional but as the nanman you have pretty much infinite funds and never even get close to broke so i steamrolled. Tried with the bandits up north by yuan clan and nothing i did to defend against yuan worked other then just attacking and running west away from him until i could defend myself still have yet to win with them. Currently playing yuan clan and own everything north of the river and bought Guan Du from cao cao for around 25,000 and am trying to wipe out the bandits while cao clan is busy with lubu. From what iv seen southern clans have it way easier. Cao clan, lubu, liu bei etc is just a mess to many huge armies with very little space between them. Needs a bigger map.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar Heldenhamer View Post
    loving this mod so far, but it feels very fast paced for me, i was wondering why almost all units take only one turn to recruit, are you going to be making the more veteran units or the better units take 2 or more turns to recruit?
    This sounds sounds like a matter of personal taste more than an issue with gameplay.

Its a matter about both