Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wargame: Red Dragon Competition(s) [Completed: Multi-Event winners]

Default Re: Wargame: Red Dragon Competition(s) Signup

Quote Originally Posted by I WUB PUGS View Post
    I will be there for my match tonight at 5 Pacific/8 Eastern. Dunno if Brand will be or Yuri or who from Team C can show.
    No, i couldn't make it. And I won't be able to make it today if we made it to the final. I doubt ill be able to do the second round of 2v2 either as my work schedule just switched. So if one of the subs wants to jump in with Tartleton they should.

Me and Random vs some guys round 2 match 2v2.
    Video couldnt be uploaded, I dont know how it works but It didnt let me to post it.
    Hope screen will be enough
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-08-02_00002.jpg  

I'm not gonna make any of the matches tonight, I'll be out at a friends housewarming party.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Should we do the 2v2 tomorrow if Brand and HoC won't be there tonight?
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Me & Darling just played our 2nd round match.

Screenshot:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Replay attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yeah...

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    Should we do the 2v2 tomorrow if Brand and HoC won't be there tonight?
    Yes, try to sort it as quickly as possible so the semis and finals can have a large enough window to proceed.

I will be on tonight after 10pm central time to try and get the match finished.

If Yuri+Hound vs Tartleton+Brand isn't played today by 9 pm Pacific then I'm just going to advance Yuri and Hound to play against Jin and Nevins in the semis for 2v2. Just going on a "guess" that Hound and Yuri would win that one.

I will post the brackets tonight.

CAT C and the 4v4 need to finish up/catch up. I'm hoping next weekend has more people so we can at least put together some sort of finale to finish up the pools and come to some sort of idea about who the best teams are. 1900 GMT is pretty much the standard time on TWC for Transatlantic gaming.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

That's fair.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

I can't make it. I'm busy all day today. Grab one of the subs if you can. Sorry for the late notice, I probably should have made it more clear in my last post there wasnt a chance of me being free at all this weekend.

Pugs, did you and Yuri do that last cat c match we were supposed to have on Friday?

Cat C got stalled out on Friday, the Friday and Saturday matches haven't been done yet.

Brackets updated. Ideally we can finish up CAT C and do half of 4v4 or revise to 3v3 this week along with closing out the semis in the brackets. Finish everything up next weekend.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

I'm sat here waiting for Random, we arranged to meet 24 minutes ago to have our 1v1, this is just a proof of fact that I was in attendance should he not arrive in the next 20-30 minutes when I leave.

Very well. I sent him a pm when I sent it to you. I'm going to lunch now. Post back here when you leave. I'll check in when I get back.

Well done Mitch! Unless you've somehow played the match against Random and lost, you've walked your way to the finals!

I now have doubts about Duro and Random showing up for the 2v2 final. I will post brackets later but its probably going to be:

1v1 TD
    Pugs vs Mitch

2v2 Conquest
    HissingNewt and Pugs vs Random and Duro

I was originally slotted to play with Nevins, but then Jin didn't get to play so I let him take my spot. Jin can't play this weekend so I slotted Newt in his spot. Nevins can never play so I took his slot as I said I would. Myself and Newt beat Yuri and Hound last night.

However, basically, if anyone that hasn't played in the 2v2 wants to play this weekend in the final and Random and Duro don't show up, well, cool, you can sub.

I've posted in the Wargame group the final announcements for this weekend. I hope we get a decent turnout to finish up the 3v3 CAT C and start and conclude the 4v4 which can be cut down to 3v3.

If you want to play... we need quite a few subs!
    Last edited by I WUB PUGS; August 07, 2014 at 02:53 PM.

I am unable to make any games in the next several hours. I will be around later and all day Sunday.

Default Re: Wargame: Red Dragon Competition(s) [COMPLETED]

***Winners***

1v1 Total Destruction : I WUB PUGS
    2v2 Conquest : YuriVII and Hounf of Culan
    Team Cat C 1980 Conquest (chosen from mixed team) : Paradox596, .Mitch., Hounf of Culan and Captain Jin

Rep Totals for participation:
    I WUB PUGS : 25
    YuriVII : 25
    brandbll : 10
    Captain Jin : 20
    Hounf of Culan : 25
    Col. Tartleton : 15

s.rwitt : 10
    Paradox596 : 20
    Major Darling : 15

Random 043 :
    Duro909 : 15
    .Mitch. : 25
    BM309K58SMERCH : 15

***Results have been reported to Poach. Medals and rep should be awarded within a few days.***

THANK YOU TO ALL PARTICIPANTS. NEXT TOURNAMENT WILL BE HELD WHEN THE SCANDINAVIAN DLC IS RELEASED.
    Last edited by I WUB PUGS; August 10, 2014 at 05:10 PM.

1v1 Total Destruction Final replay

Tide goes in my favor at around the 8-9 minute mark after I call in a heavy air attack using F-111 Ravens, F-15D's and A-10's.
    Last edited by I WUB PUGS; August 11, 2014 at 12:33 AM.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Well that's painful, I don't know why I didn't rush after I took out your initial helo rush... kinda blatantly obvious you had minimal points remaining. Apart from my tank rush all the way to Borris and those long range helo strikes I literally did nothing right in that game. Thank god for the 4v4 consolation.

EDIT: Also another thing this match really highlights to me is how defunct radar AA is. I see absolutely no reason anymore to take AA that is incredibly susceptible to targeted attacks over cheaper and only marginally worse infrared AA. Most of my AA I sent out was Tunguska (which are now terrible and expensive after their last nerf I've recently read) or Buk and my lack of AA coverage after being faced with the two best SEAD planes is quite clearly what lost me this game from the turning point 9 minutes in and then throughout.

So yeh that'll be a large part of my future deck strategies I think, MANPADs and non-radar technicals. Ironically another thing missing from my normal deck strategy in this game was my usual insistence on having air dominance through interceptors, which would have helped a lot obviously, maybe it's my known constant large spendings on planes that prompted such air usage by Pugs.
    Last edited by .Mitch.; August 11, 2014 at 02:32 PM.

Mmmhmm. I only had a pair of M1A1 and a Chappy there. Kind of hoped that they would put up enough immediate resistance in the event of a push to give you some pause and probably withdraw. Notice I started sinking points into Rifleman 90 primarily to defend against a ground attack along the two corridors. You probably had a good 5 minute window though where an Akula backed land offensive would have grabbed both bridges which would have effectively ended the game for me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast