Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wargame: Red Dragon Competition(s) [Completed: Multi-Event winners]

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

Default Re: Wargame: Red Dragon Competition(s) Signup

I need the North Americans to close out round one matches tonight.

Achilles and Jin vs Yuri and Hound

Tartleton vs Jin

Yuri vs Paradox

I will post updated brackets tomorrow. Would like to have results from those 3 matches within the next 5 hours................ since like EVERYONE except Achilles is on right now.
    Last edited by I WUB PUGS; July 30, 2014 at 07:50 PM.

someone please tell me how to edit posts... can`t find it

1v1 Duro vs Random matchmedia pt.2
    screenshot: http://www.mediafire.com/view/qk1rpg...20game%201.jpg

Guys also a note: We all signed up for this. If you can't make it or need to reschedule or are a last minute decision; please let people know ASAP. Because I'm seeing a lot of people not showing up/not letting anyone know that this is a possibility and honestly it's not fair to the people that do show up on time. Everyone knows real life interferes here, but if you have an advanced warning please try to let people involved in the match know so they can either go on without you or count you/your team as a forfeit/can start early and not wait for you. Just a common courtesy and it helps keep things more organized. Like i said it's all understandable, but let's try to keep organized and efficient for everyone as much as possible.

Sincerely,

Brandbll, Captain of the Fun Police

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

If we report here then I easily lost my match against Jin. I blame Starcraft and the failures of Communism. I could have sworn I had air support during deployment and then apparently I didn't so his choppers killed everything.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Jin, Yuri and I were online tonight but Achilles wasn't and then Jin had to play his 1v1 so I don't think our 2v2 conquest happened....I got offline at that point.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

Brackets in OP have been updated.

I've dropped myself from the 2v2 and moved Jin down into my slot to team with Nevins. The DQ's from absences in the 2v2 were a problem. s.rwitt is primary replacement for a missing teammate. I am secondary. If myself or Witt have to fill in then the player we fill in for does not advance.

At least the 1v1 and the round robins are running semi-well.

Oh smerch, I see you are on. The reason I advanced Darling over you was because of his thrust into your zone before you crashed. With a bit more reinforcement he could have driven you out of a spawn so while you held the points he held a substantial tactical advantage. Combined with the disconnect, I advanced him. Good luck in the rest of your matches.

Oh yeah Random, the edit button is right next to the reply and reply with quote button at the bottom of your post.

I'm unable to make it for the 4v4 matches on Saturday. I think Witt can't either. That means our already short 4v4 team would be down to 1. I can do it Friday or Sunday night US times just not not at 9 eastern on Saturday.

I can do Friday night, not Sunday

I await the winner of Jin v Paradox for what will surely be another sitzkrieg.

Hound and I just played for 65 minutes and it was stalemate. He had too many ATGMs for me to rush with my armor and I was far heavier than him so he would never break through. Ended up being my Czech mortars and 3 ONDAVAs vs whatever popped out of the trees. I tried really hard to push and win at the start and did another infantry push but all of it failed. I hate Total Destruction....................but hey it was asked for when I asked for ideas.................even though that person didn't even signup.

^ Yeah the beginning of that game was pretty tense with your push toward my spawn, you even got my cv infantry in the spawn zone with those helos. My RR infantry were key for a couple of your pushes too and I got some nice AA kills but then it just turned into the inevitable total destruction campfest. Also, those 45 point tanks for the South Koreans are amazing, they have a 16 AP 2275 range gun for only 45 points. They helped me beat some of your pushes too.

The 3v3 1980 conquest earlier was a lot of fun too. My 1980 czech deck worked well, endless t55, t72 and 8 hardened DANA go a long way in conquest. Also those cheapo PRAM?? spaags the czech deck gets are nice helo wreckers.
    Last edited by Hounf of Culan; August 01, 2014 at 01:24 AM.

Who was i going against most of the time on my side, Mitch? Was my arty doing any damage in that match? That's about all i seemingly had going for me. The French suck pre-1980. They seemed to look good on paper but then they the bed once I got in game.

Yeah I think you were mostly against Mitch and maybe some of Jin's units mixed in, I was pretty much solely dedicated to the other side of the map fighting PUGS' zone grab on that side, which really did a number on my initial push until late game when I was able to build up enough armor and infantry in IFV's to take the zone. I think you might have killed a fair amount SAM's and AA with arty cuz I think I remember Mitch or Jin asking for AA support as they were running low on your side. I only got involved in that side with spawning in a bunch of tanks at the end when you guys did a last ditch armor push on that side.

I had to fill in the center as Yuri was trying to help on the right (your left). Several Leopards, Gepards and mortars were delayed to stop Jin at center. Those assets were supposed to be buffing that far flank. After I lost the flank because I didn't have the assets there it just became a stream of wasted units trying to grab back the zone. I needed to retain the town and the bridges but I think I had like 3 tanks and a Gepard there. I hate that zone. So far from reinforcement.

I played on each front, but mainly in the center. Helped add a little boost to Hound's push into the right plus my Spetznas sneaky sneaky ops. And I also brought in some reinforcements on the left to support Mitch, plus pushed a small infantry group into the zone just to with Brand. But yeah, I lost a fair bit of AA to SEAD.

I will be there for my match tonight at 5 Pacific/8 Eastern. Dunno if Brand will be or Yuri or who from Team C can show.

I'll be here. Paradox and I have a game too. Once my laundry is out of the drier and he's back from being away we'll probably knock our game out.

I am curious to see if Darling and Mitch have played yet...

Tomorrow

We're playing during the day tomorrow UK time

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast