View Poll Results: What is the easiest faction in TATW?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gondor

8 9.52%
  • Rohan

8 9.52%
  • Silvan Elves

1 1.19%
  • High Elves

16 19.05%
  • Dwarves

6 7.14%
  • Dale

1 1.19%
  • Free Peoples of Eriador

3 3.57%
  • Isengard

1 1.19%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

0 0%
  • Orcs of Gundabad

0 0%
  • Mordor

4 4.76%
  • Harad

15 17.86%
  • Rhûn

21 25.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Easiest Faction In Third Age: Total War?

❋ Flavius Belisarius ❋'s Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Easiest Faction In Third Age: Total War?

I would say Harad by far, but it's depend on your version of TATW include Dol Amroth as a single faction.
    Anyway in vanilla TATW it's most probaby Harad, but with submod it should be Harad as well or Rhun.
    Last edited by ❋ Flavius Belisarius ❋; June 28, 2014 at 05:36 AM.

I thought you just had to upload it to your account first and then link it into your post?

Anyways, I second the motion to use Balchoth as much as possible, I believe they are armor piercing in Vanilla, though I could be wrong

Hugyfew's Avatar Libertus

Sorry if I'll use this thread to test my picture uploading skills.

@LuckyPistol, how do I upload it to my account?

"We all may be individuals, but there are things all individuals have in common"
    -LuckyPistol, 2014

I have only played Gondor and The free peoples of Eriador and from my experiences I would say that Eridaor were the easiest one.

With Gondor I was under constant attack by Mordor and Harad, only the stupidity of the al saved me from annihilation and I was later able to reconquer Ithilien and push into Harondor, later finallay taking mordor after years of constant warfare, their constant spawning of troops and my crappy economy hindered me from building up my cities, the turns that I actually had money to invest into money-producing buildings were scarce. However after 200 turns or so when I had pretty much defeated Mordor and Harad I became a super power.

Eriador have an even crappier economy than gondor since their cities is basicly abondoned and everything you conquer is crap. However the orcs of Gundabad and Misty mountains don't do against you so expanding isn't a problem, once you have wiped them out you have a smoewhat decent economy with no enemies. Just remember to save Gondor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugyfew View Post
    Sorry if I'll use this thread to test my picture uploading skills.

@LuckyPistol, how do I upload it to my account?
    Go into "advanced" mode for posting a reply. Then to the right of the smiley face button there should be an "attachments" button with a paperclip. click on "add files". Once you upload your picture there, you just drag it to the bottom part and click on "insert inline". There's also directions when you open up the "add files" window too

See here for an example:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giphy.gif 
Views:	5 
Size:	490.5 KB 
ID:	309569

I uploaded this AMAZING gif via the way I described

Both screenshots I have taken with FRAPS are invalid files. Can't upload.

Besides, if I make an AAR, I don't want to upload picture's with that method. It's too unpractical and breaks the immersion when reading.

"We all may be individuals, but there are things all individuals have in common"
    -LuckyPistol, 2014

Do you have the full download or the demo? The demo doesn't let you convert I think

I would actually move this question to the AAR section, or PM someone like Antonidas or Ngugi to help out with that the large frames. You'll need to upload the images to someplace like tinypic or something to put in the image box

If by "demo" you mean the restricted version, then yes.

If this goes to a different section of the forum, then there will be around two people giving any advice. I tried uploading to tinypic but didn't work.

Edit:

Last edited by Hugyfew; June 29, 2014 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Tried uploading a screenshot once again

-LuckyPistol, 2014

Then I would defnitely send one of the two people I mentioned above a PM on their profile or something

Maybe one day, when I'll write the AAR.

I was meant to do it about my first VH/VH Rhûn, but got tired of waiting with the screenshot-problems and just started the damn campaign. A little VH-practice wouldn't be too bad, I guess.

-LuckyPistol, 2014

I wouldn't AAR Rhun anyway, people like exciting campaigns. Rhun can get a little formulaic Its still an awesome campaign, but there's a bunch of 'em of the boards already. I would actually challenge yourself for an AAR with a faction like Gundabad, Isengard, or Eriador

By the way (just looked at the poll results again), whoever voted Dale as an easy faction is trolling on massive levels

I wouldn't AAR Rhun anyway, people like exciting campaigns. Rhun can get a little formulaic Its still an awesome campaign, but there's a bunch of 'em of the boards already. I would actually challenge yourself for an AAR with a faction like Gundabad, Isengard, or Eriador
    That settles it. Just gonna play for now.

By the way (just looked at the poll results again), whoever voted Dale as an easy faction is trolling on massive levels
    I said the same about Gondor. Don't be too swift a judge.

-LuckyPistol, 2014

I said the same about Gondor. Don't be too swift a judge.
    I'm not judging swiftly, this is from experience with 4 different Dale campaigns, 2 Vanilla, 2 MOS. Only two of these have been truly successful and not end in a standstill against endless stacks from Rhun

I dare not venture into Divide and Conquer or PCP's Dale....

Remember that we are all individuals; those who say Dale is the easiest might have a regular Total War strategy that fits Dale perfectly.

Or they're trolls.

-LuckyPistol, 2014

We all may be individuals, but there are things all individuals have in common

Or they're trolls.
    Most likely

We all may be individuals, but there are things all individuals have in common
    My sig got some new stuff.

-LuckyPistol, 2014

I guess I should have coined that in hindsight

Haha, this discussion is great. Vanilla Dale is easy on the strat map yes, but hard in battles. By no means the easiest faction imo. On the strat map, your conquers are very linear with allies to the north and west, and you can rush Uldonovan with your starting units basically and you only really need to maintain 2 armies until you start getting near Mordor. But the battles are very demanding especially with no cavalry generals. I still really don't get how Gondor is considered easiest by some. There is so much maneuvering required on the strat map compared to simpler factions.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
    Haha, this discussion is great. Vanilla Dale is easy on the strat map yes, but hard in battles. By no means the easiest faction imo. On the strat map, your conquers are very linear with allies to the north and west, and you can rush Uldonovan with your starting units basically and you only really need to maintain 2 armies until you start getting near Mordor. But the battles are very demanding especially with no cavalry generals. I still really don't get how Gondor is considered easiest by some. There is so much maneuvering required on the strat map compared to simpler factions.
    Gondor is considered easy because of the opposite of what you said about Dale. The strat map requires foresight and (in some places) tough decision making. However, you're units are so superior compared to that of Mordor and Harad, that the only threat are Nazgul until Barracks Event.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Gondor is under constant pressure from enemies that throw inexhaustible hordes at you, while your economy take time to get decent; of all good TATW factions I would rank Gondor the clearly hardest campaign experience.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast