Thread: Morning Sun Preview: 6/11/14

Default Re: Morning Sun Preview: 6/11/14

Awesome!

Very Nice!

I do really want china and korea....

brennan2036's Avatar Civis

Ive got one question, will this mod be playable alongside other mods? Especially Darthmod S2?

Probably not I would think maybe se ai mods may work but it kind of reminds me what imperial splendor did to empire completely overhauled

I think a cool submod would be adding the Spanish inquisition would be epic

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Whats the size comparison like to the original map? how many extra provinces?

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

Modding has been picking up speed for the past few months, a star wars mod and a medieval conversion of Rome II along with music editing tools and now korea in shogun 2

Truly you guys deserve a pat on the back for all your hard work, well done
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

Looks and sounds brilliant. My main wish would be that you make the map NOT self rotating. That feature in Shogun 2 and Rome 2 drives me mad ! Part of the reason I've gone back to Medieval 2. Good luck. Perhaps you should collaborate with the ALL UNDER HEAVEN MOD. For M2TW. Having all their work on the Shogun 2 engine would be superb.

Quote Originally Posted by brennan2036 View Post
    Ive got one question, will this mod be playable alongside other mods? Especially Darthmod S2?
    Probably not as I've made some changes to the AI files. Also Darthmod was made for the vanilla map and factions, while this mod has many new factions and regions. So Darthmod may not work correctly with this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Whats the size comparison like to the original map? how many extra provinces?
    Japan is still the same size as the vanilla campaign, though the total playable area has been increased so you can travel further west and north.

I've added 97 new regions and 101 new factions to Japan (Expanded mod); Korea has 40 regions and 1 new faction; Ming China has been coded but at the moment is off screen. Including the vanilla regions and factions this mod will have 216 provinces and 165 factions.

Quote Originally Posted by sgz View Post
    Looks and sounds brilliant. My main wish would be that you make the map NOT self rotating. That feature in Shogun 2 and Rome 2 drives me mad ! Part of the reason I've gone back to Medieval 2. Good luck. Perhaps you should collaborate with the ALL UNDER HEAVEN MOD. For M2TW. Having all their work on the Shogun 2 engine would be superb.
    While their research would be useful if I wanted to make a RotS campaign the problem is that their units, buildings, maps, and other files aren't compatible with Shogun 2. So we'd need to remake everything.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

great mod

101 new Japanese clans? Awesome! They will have new units too?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Great

Why no trees though?
    Veritas Temporis Filia

this mod can be compatible with Darth Mod, I think, as of right now thanks to the work of @Quilbeatssword, there is a steam workshop version that he mad that takes Unamie5 expanded japan map and combined it with darth mod so there would be no AI over lap, so hopefully he can do the same for this new mod

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Probably the greatest thing on TWC since Third age, these units are amazing.
    But Korea: the settlements and fortifications, what are the plans? And Korean sub-factions: like Jurchen raiders maybe, slave uprisings, but more importantly Korean rebels who may or may not ally with the Japanese, perhaps the Sarim faction, or maybe disenfranchised princes. Korea is large, it's by far the largest faction, it's hard to imagine how it might have a reason to not invade Japan without serious internal conflict and heavy scripting.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Wow ! I love it, but please dont change to much from gameplay mechanics because I like it how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspasia View Post
    Great

Why no trees though?
    You need to edit the tree file to add trees. At present only Ygge can do this because he wrote a script that let him edit this file.

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    But Korea: the settlements and fortifications, what are the plans? And Korean sub-factions: like Jurchen raiders maybe, slave uprisings, but more importantly Korean rebels who may or may not ally with the Japanese, perhaps the Sarim faction, or maybe disenfranchised princes. Korea is large, it's by far the largest faction, it's hard to imagine how it might have a reason to not invade Japan without serious internal conflict and heavy scripting.
    I'm currently unsure how much of settlements I can edit. Though it should be possible to make new models for the campaign map I don't know if it's possible to add new models to the battle map.

I would like to add Jurchen raids and slave revolts but I don't know how to edit the scripts to make them occur. I know that some of the playable factions have scripted events, such as Tokugawa having to attack the Oda clan army, so it is possible.

I can't code Korean rebels that may ally with Japan unless I split Korea into several factions.

I can make the Korean AI passive so that it won't attack anywhere else. The Ashikaga Shogunate has a passive AI, which is why they don't try to invade anywhere.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

blazerek's Avatar Foederatus

My Gawd, this is awesome!, No Beautiful. I didn't even know you could mod the campaign map after Empire.

Arian's Avatar Civis

Awesome!

Civis

awesome mod!! is this mod on steam workshop? i love the new units!! are you planing on maybe adding the dutch or the portugiese to the game?

Wind.Trees.Fire.Mountion-風林火山→http://wtfm.exblog.jp

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast