Thread: Rome 2 Horses

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Rome 2 Horses

Is it easy for a modder to replace the Shogun 2 horses (bodies) with the ones Rome 2 has?
    Shogun II has some of the most good looking units but also some realy aufull horses!
    I want to play a Takeda campaign again as a cavalry fan but those "cow" looking horses destroy any good essense of the game...
    Pleaseeee......
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Default Re: Rome 2 Horses

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Is it easy for a modder to replace the Shogun 2 horses (bodies) with the ones Rome 2 has?
    From my point, that one is the most close to japanese horse size.(steppe poney)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/0...es-Photo-Diary

I hope someone will make such a mod..Its unfair to Shogun II to have such aufull horses
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

This movie is by far my favorite...

That is why i want to have Rome 2 horses in game.
    I want to feel the movie essense!
    Now in S2 horses look more like a horse/cow hybrids!
    Can someone please make such a mod???
    I am sick of R2 with its damm AI...I want S2 again but i want to enjoy Takeda!

Artifex

Does anyone of you actually own Rome II? If that's the case, could you try exporting these ponies?
    Afterwards, we can about ways to add them to Shogun II.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

I have both games but unforthunatly i have not 3DS Max programme to put them in game.
    Its not that simple even for me that i have re-modeled these in M2TW mod.

You see the tools and the way to do it is way diferent!
    I wouldn't ask for help if i could do it my self!

Artifex

Is it not possible to extract the ponies models and textures from Rome II via PFM? I presume they're hidden in one of the models pack files. That would at least be a start. Maybe someone else will see it and help us. I'd really like to have realistic ponies in my Shogun 2 realism mod.
    I don't own the game, so I can't look into the models pack files.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

The textures of warscape is in dds format and is very easy to edit. But the 3d models will be something like "mesh1_variant_part_mesh" which no one knows how to edit.

Artifex
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

Changing the models of the horses is not the only job that must be done...Suddle adjustment, horse riders adjustment and skeleton/vertices of the new horse models new assignment.

Doesn't anyone like Rome 2 horses that much to see them in Shogun 2 as well?

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

I love too to have horse like that
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Is such a submod un interesting for every one?
    Are you all sutisfied with the vanilla horses?

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

The problem is not to be satisfied or not with TWS2 vanilla horses, but what is really possible to do and the amount of work needed.

The biggest issue is the skeleton.
    If it is possible to add new one in TW:R2, it is not sure about TW:S2.
    Then, even if adding new skeleton is possible with TWS2, modder will have to create a full set of animations. And we have no tools to do it for TWS2.

An other issue is that UU3D plugin is unable to open lesser lods (lod2, 3 and 4) from TW:R2 models, this means modder will have to create, at least, the lod4 to avoid performance issues with the game.

The first step could be to only port a TW:R2 horse to TW:S2 by reassigning the model to a TWS2 horse skeleton.

Note : you can download and install Autodesk products, such as 3ds max, for free through Autodesk Student Community... and even if you're not still a student.
    Last edited by wangrin; August 30, 2014 at 12:21 PM.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

I wonder IF anyone ever willing to try this...