Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Arbor, seat of House Redwyne

Default Re: The Arbor, seat of House Redwyne

Quote Originally Posted by Rownage View Post
    "Yes, my lady. Word reached the old fox's ear of an Ironborn fleet gathering to raid our lands. My uncle, Colin, wrote home that the Shields fleet was neither large nor experienced enough to face the mighty Iron Fleet. If we want to face the Ironborn, we will need more ships. Can you spare any?" Alekyne paused for a moment to let lady Rohanne speak
    Rohanne sighs. "The Shields fleet was not designed to directly confront the portion of the Iron Fleet that is sent, but the detachments of reavers that surely will break off to terrorize the Reach's coastline. Unfortunately breaking off any more ships from the fleet heading to engage the rebels would risk the fleet's wholesale destruction due to being divided and outnumbered by the respective enemies of the eastern and western oceans who can bring their full might against the portion of the fleet. That and the secondary defense fleet is only thirty four ships assigned to patrol the Redwyne Straits. There are no ships to spare."

"Well then, my uncle will have to see what he can do. There is another reason my father sent me though. In a war between the people of our own kingdom we can only succeed by standing as one. In order to unite us, my father would like to offer me as a husband to Felicia, your daughter, once she comes of age. Furthermore, he would like to create a trade route between the fertile lands of the Goldwyne river and the taverns of the Arbor. Will you accept his offers, my lady?" he said.

"I would prefer that you return after this rebellion is defeated to negotiate such a betrothal, as of right now the Arbor has more pressing matters to spend the money that would comprise the dowry on and considering my brother is married to a distant relative of your family, I consider our regions already united." Rohanne looks at her ship, the Monoceros for a moment. A massive four decked warship with a hull painted black, bristling with dozens of scorpions and other artillery pieces on the decks. "Why is there a river named for my vassal..does he mean the Honeywine?" "Unfortunately the Arbor is at maximum capacity for trading for fruits that any more would devaluing the market, my lord."

ooc : Already have a trade lane with Hightower for fruits and 2 of any resource is the most any player can have.

"Alright then, I shall return to my father. May you fight well and may this war be over soon. Could you do me one last favor though: we have run out of wine, could you give us a few bottles of your wine before we return home?"

ooc: Yep, I meant the Honeywine

"Of course." She calls for a servant to go retrieve a case of several bottles of Arbor Gold and Red for the Florents before nodding and leaving to board her flagship. The servant arrives twenty minutes later with the requested wine.

Ganbarenippon's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The ride towards Vinetown on muleback had been a little easier this time for Ythan, spurred on by the fact that Ferrego had joined Syrio and him, he put a brave face on his discomfort even as they turned off the main road and onto a broader stone-paved side-road. To distract himself he turned to the guardsman. "Syrio, tell me something of your lady. Something of her nature, her character."
    Last edited by Ganbarenippon; June 19, 2014 at 04:26 PM.

ooc : You're going slightly north of Ryamsport, not to Vinetown again.

Syrio rides next to Ythan on the left, Ferrego having occupied the rightside position as the three men make their way out of Ryamsport to the north on a road winding through the numerous vineyards of the Arbor. "Hm...it has been some time since I last saw the Lady Redwyne, but she is a rather open minded person, and has some skill in business from her interactions with other merchants from across the world coming here."

OOC: Edited the above post.

"Good. I had hoped to find such a noble here...."
    Ythan replied eagerly. Ferrego only listened with half an ear as he peered lazily at the vast vineyards the were arranged on either side of the road like a green-and-purple host massed in the lazy Southern sun. "Ah! That would be your Mistress' House yes?" He asks Syrio in Braavosi as a spectacular manor comes into view.

"Just don't mention anything of the Stepstones or any of your practices there as I am certain there will be some man in the court who will decry you as a pirate and may result in a far more unpleasant outcome than any of us would like." Syrio then turns to Ferrego, speaking in Braavosi back to his cousin. "Yes, it is." A moderately fortified yet still clearly opulent mansion designed more for non-military affairs sits on a hill overlooking Ryamsport and several large vineyards owned by the Redwynes. The three men are approached by two guards in full plate. "Halt. What business do you have at the court?" "I am Lord Commander Syrio Volentin of Vinetown, here to provide testimony for the trial regarding an incident the city watch was involved in, and my associate and his guard are here to present a economic venture to Lady Redwyne." The guards exchange looks, then move aside.

The inside of the Great Hall of the Violet Manse is comparable to a estate of some of the wealthiest merchant princes in Essos, lavishly decorated with statues, artwork, curtains and carpets made of Myrish silk, and other luxurious items. Several tables with ornate designs are off to the sides, while on a weirdwood throne with a stained glass window behind it sits the Lady Redwyne, listening to the testimony of the chef, who has begun another insult-filled rant about the barkeep and innkeeper.

Ferrego whistles appreciatively at the costly silks and rugs, priceless vases and tapestries and the sheer opulence of the manor he strutted through. "Honest work pays handsomely, no?" He says to his cousin under his breath before falling silent at the look of rebuke from his employer.

Ythan takes in the trial with an impassive face standing behind and to the left of both the chef and the innkeeper, lest he be recognised. All the while he studied the room and it's occupants, mentally assessing their value. He couldn't help himself, he never could it was part of what made him such a good merchant. Patiently he waited for the trial to wind down.

Syrio laughs a bit. "If I worked in Ryamsport, yes. I'm in Vinetown, less profitable but still better than the scraps we used to make working job to job. Helps the Redwynes have renowned wines they've been exporting across the world for perhaps even before the founding of Braavos."

The trial goes relatively quickly with the result being all three men being penalized with some time in a cell and the barkeep and chef ending up without a job. Syrio gestures Ythan and Ferrego to follow him to the center of the room where the three men were a few minutes ago. Rohanne faintly smiles while to the left of her, a old man with multiple scars from duels and the tanned skin of a sailor looks at the two newcomers."Lord Commander Volentin."she then turns to the other two men, nodding politely before focusing back on Syrio who quickly gives his summary of the incident before gesturing Ythan and Ferrego to address the court.

Ferrego nods as he listens to his cousin. He'd thought Syrio was here working an angle, a job. He'd never expected to find his cousin content, yet he could come to no other conclusion than that was exactly what Syrio was. He envied him that, yet he knew that such a life was not for him. He was, like Syrio, and employee, yet he was also a minor partner in the business ventures of his employer and so had more freedom in a way. He needed that.
    "My Lady." Ythan bowed deeply as Ferrego made a flowery, courtly bow. "My name is Ythan Brythnyng and I am but a humble merchant." He said in perfect Westerosi. "This is my associate; Ferrego Parnel." He finishes gesturing to his partner.
    "My Lady." Ferrego gives another ridiculously flowery bow.
    "We have come to offer you our services, such as they are, in exchange for your protection and favour."

Rohanne thinks over the proposition before steepling her fingers and leaning forward slightly. "Hm..perhaps we could reach an arrangement..this is most convenient you have shown up at this time, Master Brythnyng..I have a assignment for a merchant that perhaps your skills may qualify you for, if you wish to accept it."

The merchant's eyes almost light up as he listens to the Lady of The Arbor. "But of course, My Lady. What would you have of me?"

"I wish to open a trade lane between the Arbor, specifically Ryamsport and a city in the Westerlands, preferably Lannisport if at all possible. I would send my cousin Morrigan with you to assist in negotiations..and you would receive a portion of the tariff income from at least the Arbor as reward for your services." When mentioned, one of the several lesser Redwyne females nodded to her cousin, allowing Ythan to note the majority of the Redwynes have some shade of red as their hair color while the Lady's appears more Lyseni, a silver blond color. "Success in this assignment could lead to further business between your company and the Vintner Court, Master Brythnyng."

"I see. I would be delighted to aid you, My Lady. But you understand I have questions, yes?" Ythan replies, stroking his chin thoughtfully. "Two questions, actually." He says, holding up two fingers. "Firstly, how many years would you require the use of my vessel for? And secondly how much, approximately, would this portion of tariffs be worth?" He asks, intently focused on the opportunity in front of him. Ferrego on the other hand made no effort to hide his study of Morrigan, blatantly looking her up and down appreciatively, grinning as he did so. It was a measure of Bryhtnyng's absorption that he did not rebuke his partner.

"I was thinking a period of three to five years that if you are willing to allow, can be renewed if both parties are still interested in the rotue, and a third of the Arbor and if the Governor of Lannisport agrees, a third of Lannisport's as well on this one agreement. Otherwise we shall have to arrange a new arrangement. So say the total made between the two houses was 21,000. You would get 7,000, I would get 7,000, and the Governor the same amount. Essentially it is a three-way split of the profits." Rohanne smiles while Morrigan happens to notice Ferrego for a moment staring at her and smirks before stretching as if out of boredom while titled to face him to allow him a better look at her for a moment before turning back.

"That sounds more than fair, My Lady. I accept your offer, gladly. My Lusty Lass should more than suffice for your needs. Shall we sign the papers?" Ythan replies with a bright smile, wanting to get the papers signed before Lady Redwyne changed her mind.
    "Aye, My Lady. She's a fine vessel the Lass is." Ferrego chips in, smiling to himself as he notices Morrigan's display
    "I can be underway for Lannisport within a few hours of signing the papers if the Lady Morrigan agrees?"

A servant brings forward the papers to Rohanne, who signs them. "You do understand these are preliminary papers detailing our present agreement, not accounting for a negative outcome or any unforeseen consequences." The servant then brings over the papers to Ythan to sign. "I have no issue with that, the sooner we set sail the sooner we can assure mutual profit for all those involved.." Morrigan quips. "Very well."

"Of course." Ythan nods as he scribbles his signature. "And now, I believe we must be off presently if we are to set my affairs in order in Ryamsport and make the tide. With your permission, My Lady?"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast