Thread: So, havent been around in awhile....

Domesticus

Default So, havent been around in awhile....

Just wanted to post here, for one of my favourite mods Any news on the Two Towers? Im about ready for some more 1600s action

Default Re: So, havent been around in awhile....

Sadly the Two Towers are on hold.

Domesticus

Awwwww Why? I hope its nots permenent, was really looking forward to it.

Nothing endures but change. Modding is a lot of work. The 1648 mod took a ton of work over many years by many people and for the Two Towers we would need almost everything new: a new map, some new units, a new campaign script, new names, new buildings, new graphics. There has been some work for the Two Towers but only a small fraction of what is needed. Crucially, the map had some problems and I think there was not enough interest from model makers to make the units. Other things can be done but we would need for sure units and a map, these two are absolutely a must.

For what it's worth, there was a really good-looking mod centered on the 16th and 17th centuries that seems to have died, called Wars of the Renaissance. It probably has a lot of the units you need, if you can contact the modders.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...of-Renaissance
    I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English. If you believe in capital letters, punctuation, and correct spelling, then copy this into your signature.