Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Riverrun - Seat of House Tully

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Riverrun - Seat of House Tully

Ser Edric Blanetree, the Knight of Esgaroth, comes before Lord Tully.

"My Lord, I come seeking redress," said Blanetree, "My lands have been raided by forces loyal to Ser Hogg of Sow's Horn. He claims retaliation after the accidental death of his son, who was killed during a small tourney being held in Sow's Horn by my own son: a splinter from the lance during the joust found a kink in young Hogg's armour and he died on the scene."

"My purser has estimated the damages to be in the order of 20,000 Dragons, but Ser Hogg refuses to offer compensation and the local Crownlander Lords have all offered their support to him, as the local Riverman Lords have to me: the situation is very tense. I am too insignificant to go before his Lord Paramount, the King. I beg of you to take my case up with King Baratheon! His vassal has broken the King's Peace."

[OOC: The first yearly event has come to you!]

OOC: Nearly forgot.

Reparations from the capital in form of 10,000 Crowns were sent to Riverrun for repairing the damages upon the coast lines, done by the Ironborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    Ser Edric Blanetree, the Knight of Esgaroth, comes before Lord Tully.

"My Lord, I come seeking redress," said Blanetree, "My lands have been raided by forces loyal to Ser Hogg of Sow's Horn. He claims retaliation after the accidental death of his son, who was killed during a small tourney being held in Sow's Horn by my own son: a splinter from the lance during the joust found a kink in young Hogg's armour and he died on the scene."

"My purser has estimated the damages to be in the order of 20,000 Dragons, but Ser Hogg refuses to offer compensation and the local Crownlander Lords have all offered their support to him, as the local Riverman Lords have to me: the situation is very tense. I am too insignificant to go before his Lord Paramount, the King. I beg of you to take my case up with King Baratheon! His vassal has broken the King's Peace."

[OOC: The first yearly event has come to you!]
    Lord Hoster Tully being away, the Knight is received by his brother, the Lord Protector, Ser Brynden, who ponders the matter a little.

"The Crown has sent us 10,000 gold dragons as compensation for the damage done to our coastal villages by the Ironborn. If this sum were awarded you, would you consider yourself and your honour well satisfied and acquitted in this matter?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
    Lord Harvey Whent arrived to visit his nephews and the lord of Riverrun, answering to the summons with some haste. With him he brings a worthy retinue of fifty men-at-arms.
    "Lord Whent, uncle! Welcome to Riverrun," Brynden smiles, gesturing for the Lord Whent to take a seat. "I trust your journey was safe, my Lord?"

Wheatley's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Velasco View Post
    "Lord Whent, uncle! Welcome to Riverrun," Brynden smiles, gesturing for the Lord Whent to take a seat. "I trust your journey was safe, my Lord?"

Ahh, good to see you Brynden! It has been a while... The journey went smoothly, I took a stop in lord Harroway's town to hire me some hands for the restoration of Harrenhal."
    He sits down at the table.

"What have I been summoned for?"

Ahh, good to see you Brynden! It has been a while... The journey went smoothly, I took a stop in lord Harroway's town to hire me some hands for the restoration of Harrenhal."
    He sits down at the table.

"What have I been summoned for?"
    "Good to see you uncle...and indeed it was, not since the war when I briefly had to take refuge in your lands, eh?" He smiled. "A good reason, and a bad. Which would you prefer to hear first?"

OOC: Wait, Wynafrei was the wife of Hoster, which is the older brother of Brynden according to your family description? That'd make them brothers-in-law!

"Hmm. Give me the good news first." Lord Harvey said, frowning.

OOC: Wait, Wynafrei was the wife of Hoster, which is the older brother of Brynden according to your family description? That'd make them brothers-in-law!

"Hmm. Give me the good news first." Lord Harvey said, frowning.
    OOC: Oops. Let's just say they have an uncle-nephew relationship? :p

"We have need of a new Guardian of the Ruby Ford to govern the Red Fork and administer those lands for us. As a special sign of our affection for you, we would like you to nominate a candidate for the role to us, which we will naturally approve."

OOC: They're born the same year x)

Harvey smiled at the Tully.

"What an honor! My son Quentyn would be surely glad to take on that duty for the Riverlands. He's become a fine young man. He reminds me of Oswell."

"Now... What was the less fortunate information for me to hear?"

OOC: They're born the same year x)

Harvey smiled at the Tully.

"What an honor! My son Quentyn would be surely glad to take on that duty for the Riverlands. He's become a fine young man. He reminds me of Oswell."

"Now... What was the less fortunate information for me to hear?"
    "I am sure he will do a splendid job of it." Brynden smiled and indicated for wine to be poured. "As you will remember, your vassals of Goodbrook and Willow Wood did not stand with House Tully and House Whent when we marched for Robert Baratheon. The Darrys were punished for their disobedience, even though they were family, and as such your two vassals must also, for justice's sake, not be allowed to go unpunished. We would like to leave the matter in your hands, trusting that you will make a necessary example of them in whatever way you see fit, for failing to obey their master and liege-lord."

"Of course, I will invite their youngest children to stay and serve at Harrenhal. It should discourage them from breaking their oaths again. I fear that punishing them more would only weaken my position around the God's Eye."He answered. Whent had not been fully approval of the Darrys treatment since he had some connections in the Bay of Crabs, namely the powerful Mootons.

A messenger boy delivers this message to Lysa upon her return to The Eyrie.

Lady Lysa Arryn,

When you have the time could you please come to my chambers.

I was packing my things to move to King's Landing when I realised that there is a financial transaction that is missing your signature.

I'll need it signed before I leave my position of Master of Coin and Head of Trade for The Vale.

Signed,
    Master Petyr Baelish.

OOC: Here is where the RP will take place: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post13946780

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Velasco View Post
    Lord Hoster Tully being away, the Knight is received by his brother, the Lord Protector, Ser Brynden, who ponders the matter a little.

"The Crown has sent us 10,000 gold dragons as compensation for the damage done to our coastal villages by the Ironborn. If this sum were awarded you, would you consider yourself and your honour well satisfied and acquitted in this matter?"
    "That is a mere half what was lost," said Ser Blanetree, "and justice must be done, Ser Brynden! Is Ser Hogg to simply get away with pillaging the Riverlands? He was until recently our enemy, I remind you."

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

A raven arrives from Darry:

Lord Paramount Hoster Tully of the Riverlands,

Cousin, I appreciate your efforts to heal the wounds that have been made between our houses. I will accept the position you have offered, in the name of my brother Dominic, who shall be named to the title of Lord Warden of the One Trident. Also, when you have returned to Riverrun, send word, for I would hope to join you for some days, so that we may speak further in person.

Lord Symon Darry

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

My little war is over, peace is restored and you are invited to the Water Gardens. Let our marriage be cast in iron and the alliance between our Houses made sacrosanct.
    Please remember your promise to let me look upon your jewel.
    Rors, Prince of Dorne

Poach's Avatar Civitate

[OOC: Since the Blanetree-Hogg event went unresolved, it has progressed onto the next stage. Ser Blanetree has since gone home.]

A petition is submitted from the Lords and Knights along the Crownlands border.

"Lord Tully,

Since the Blanetree-Hog debacle went unanswered, the border lords of the Crownlands have become bolder in their disputes with us: Border disagreements are being settled unilaterally, sometimes with force; Our word and stature in their holdfasts is nothing, we are laughed out of their courts when we complain; Our efforts to negotiate are ignored.

We beseech you to give us leave to retaliate in force. We aim to forcibly take back what is owed to House Blanetree and show our resolve to the bastards in the Crownlands. Allow us to defend our tarnished honour!"

The petition is signed by some dozens of minor Lords and Knights whose lands border the Crownlands.

[OOC: Reply here.]

After visiting the capital, Lord Rayman of Maidenpool came to see lord Tully.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123