View Poll Results: What Is Your Favorite Faction In Third Age: Total War?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gondor

18 26.09%
  • Rohan

5 7.25%
  • Silvan Elves

5 7.25%
  • High Elves

9 13.04%
  • Dwarves

6 8.70%
  • Dale

4 5.80%
  • Free Peoples of Eriador

9 13.04%
  • Isengard

3 4.35%
  • Orcs of the Misty Mountains

1 1.45%
  • Orcs of Gundabad

2 2.90%
  • Mordor

3 4.35%
  • Harad

1 1.45%
  • Rhûn

3 4.35%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Is Your Favorite Faction In TATW?

Default Re: What Is Your Favorite Faction In TATW?

I've only played Vanilla and my favorite faction are the Silvan Elves - just because of location and kickass archers

Rhun, as they are easterners!

Quote Originally Posted by Pyotr Rachkovsky View Post
    Rhun, as they are easterners!
    Easterlings

jinjo's Avatar Senator

i love elves, i like mighty archers

KhalFrodo's Avatar Semisalis

Rohan for me !

JusTheory's Avatar Foederatus

Love me some FPoE. The remnants of a dead kingdom. You nearly have to build them up from the ground, you fight mostly with militia (for freedom!), and IF you are successful you can reforge the broken crown of Andor! So much fun.

❋ Flavius Belisarius ❋'s Avatar Semisalis

High elves, they are like the ancien greeks of Middle Earth.
    The description Last of the Romans (Ultimus Romanorum) has historically been given to any man thought to embody the values of Ancient Roman civilization —values which, by implication, became extinct on his death. It has been used to describe a number of individuals.
    Flavius Belisarius (505?–565), one of the greatest generals of the Byzantine Empire and one of the most acclaimed generals in history. He was also the only Byzantine general to be granted a Roman Triumph.

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

All you good-choosers! The Dark Lord should call an invasion on your homelands! Then you fight, then you lose, then you flee, then you cry and then you diiiiie!!!!

Er... ok, I already voted for Rhûn, but another faction that I have special love is Isengard, the first faction I ever played in TATW. So tough to start, but uruks truly look awesome! I only sorry they still are treated as floods in most mods, but a powerful flood anyway! Even when I dont play with them I try to help them out!

Civis

For me, FFOE. I just love the idea of starting with nothing, basically a militia faction, with gandalf and aaragorn at the helm, and i play with MOS so i have to fight off hordes of orcs from the north and then dunland clans from the south (I play with the scripts that give evil factions money) and then i have to rebuild it into a kingdom, and also send reinforcements to Gondor to help save them from the shadow of mordor. Also, dunedain elite rangers are so ing badass!

Dwarves for sure. It is like commanding a mobilized fortress armed with throwing axes, crossbows, and siege weaponry...

Silvan Elves for me.. After restoring the elven kingdom in MOS and getting ents, you become one of the most powerful factions in the game

Vanilla: Rohan
    MOS: Rohan

I mean Forth Eorlingas !, Who does not like to see those crushing cavalry charges.

It's the dwarves for me! Once you can start fielding Vault Wardens, enemies fall like rain on the battlefield. If you line up some Clan Warriors (or other offensive infantry) just in front of them (with their main body mingled in with the Vault Wardens), you get close protection for those who manage to get past the spear wall. Very deadly. The old Spanish tercios inspired this formation for me. Works great, though it is a tad less flexible against flank attacks, so you have to put a typical infantry unit on the ends for support. Dwarven Warriors, Iron Guards, or Dragonslayers work great for this.

GeneralShurtz's Avatar Laetus

I love the Silvan Elves. There is this thing that I love doing with them in the early part of a campaign, and that is when I gather all the archers together in Lorien and then send them out to one of the villages to the north that have huntsmen in it. Then I sit back and watch as elf archers destroy poor huntsmen. It's a little bit more amusing after I have gotten some more troops later on when I do it at Rhosgobel (probably butchered the spelling but it's the village on the west side of Mirkwood).When I play submods like mos and dac I generally choose the Mirkwood Elves because for some reason I've liked them the best.

Well Gondor seems to have a good plurality going and I'm glad that I helped put it there but I chose Gonder because it is a pretty great all around faction and is under the gun from the get go, providing an excellent challenge.

High Elves
    (my opinion)

If I'm not wrong,
    they are one of most powerfull factions in TATW.
    They have many good units;

one of the best archers,
    strong basic archers & militia infantry,
    powerfull heavy cavalry...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12