View Poll Results: Would you like to live in a world without Christians, Jews and Muslims? [Public Vote]

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 55.93%
  • Neutral

10 16.95%
  • No

16 27.12%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would you like to live in a world without Christians, Jews and Muslims?

Default Re: Would you like to live in a world without Christians, Jews and Muslims?

Quote Originally Posted by justicar5 View Post
    just another round of the Church of Yahweh Paedophile, genocidal dictator and tyrant. (read the bible if you AREN'T a serial killing rape machine, you aren't a Christian)
    Source and citation?

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Would you like to live in a world without Christians, Jews and Muslims?

So go on and vote your conscience and let every member see how biased you are. It's not the sign of an enlightened human being. There's nothing reasonable about it. There's no justification for it unless the intention is merely to be disruptive, rude, and ignoble.
    I'm bias? Despite your claims of the opposite, you are the one turning the EMM into a mockery. Making that many threads about your feelings toward this thread are disruptive, rude and ignoble for the entire forum.

Your threads...
    Would you like to live in a world without homosexuals and Africans and Asians?

Pointless, religion is a choice, being homosexual, African or a Asian are not a choice.
    Can an antitheist baker be forced to make a cake for a Christian couple?

What kind of thread is that... Utterly pointless and disruptive.
    If an anti-atheist is a bigot, then wouldn't an anti-theist be one as well?

Seriously?
    Are antitheists responsible for much of the regular needling on the EMM

Considering your threads... theists are behind the regular needling...
    Should antitheists be barred from being health care workers?

Professionals always follow medical ethics, your thread's foundation is void.
    Could an antitheist judge mete out justice?

Of course, he/she can't bring in his anti-theistic views into the courtroom and keep his job. Yet in a theocracy a theist could bring in his religious beliefs, make a thread about that instead...
    Last edited by Aeneas Veneratio; June 14, 2014 at 06:05 PM.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

No, while I do not like radical parties there is in most cases (as far as I know as an evangelist) positive power and intention behind religion (bigger laws to keep people civilized) though we know some abuse the power of believe. However, besides radicalism I also do not like old school intolerance for other religions or people that do not believe in anything. We all want and pray for peace and fairness in the world.
    In korea church is doing a lot of good things in korea and other countries too, it is more of a community that wants to help where ever it can. I would not know where this in particular can be wrong.

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

All religions have caused bad and good in this world, it is basically due to the man and the way the religion affects that man, all in all, a world without Muslims, Jews and Christians would certainly lead to good things but the bad would outweigh it!
    Last edited by Samraat Mahendra Maurya; June 25, 2014 at 04:54 PM.
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by KleenClothMaurya View Post
    All religions have caused bad and good in this world, it is basically due to the man and the way the religion affects that man, all in all, a world without Muslims, Jews and Christians would certainly lead to good things but the bad would outweigh it!
    For example ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrene View Post
    i would love it if Atheists didn't even exist. Monkeys, chimps and apes are included as well, as they are their Cousins..
    Then humanity would cease to exist, considering we invented your religion in the dark ages.
    Last edited by Admiral Piett; June 25, 2014 at 05:27 PM.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBlast View Post
    For example ?
    Well for one, Christianity has brought writing to the darker sides of Europe and Islam has forged an empire where learning was encouraged and most knowledge was brought to Baghdad, imagine if we lost all that Indian, Egyptian, Chinese and Greek Knowledge!

These are just some of the many good things

G-Megas-Doux's Avatar Vicarius

I would be happy to live in a world with Christians, Jews and Muslims religion is not what bothers me.

I just want that world to be free of Murders, Rapists, Thieves and the intolerant they are the biggest problems.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Was looking for a Morrowind sig to use as big fan of the game found this from here so crediting from source http://paha13.deviantart.com/art/Morrowind-259489058

Also credit avatar from.
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/nickyart2/Avatars/Page2.htm

Quote Originally Posted by G-Megas-Doux View Post
    I would be happy to live in a world with Christians, Jews and Muslims religion is not what bothers me.

I just want that world to be free of Murders, Rapists, Thieves and the intolerant they are the biggest problems.
    Most certianly!
    +1

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Quote Originally Posted by Shaxx View Post
    How pissed are you at Hitler for failing?
    If you research more thoroughly I think you'll find that Hitler was not an ancient Roman.

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by KleenClothMaurya View Post
    Well for one, Christianity has brought writing to the darker sides of Europe and Islam has forged an empire where learning was encouraged and most knowledge was brought to Baghdad, imagine if we lost all that Indian, Egyptian, Chinese and Greek Knowledge!

These are just some of the many good things
    Those things happened in spite of religion rather than because of religion.Does it say in the Bible teach everyone to read and write?The boom of knowledge and wide spread of writing and reading is directly proportional with the diminishing of religion.

Religion played a huge role in the past, I admit, it was an outstanding tool in controlling the masses and it still is.

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

When all you have is christians or muslims in a country (atheism not a long term survival tool then) then it turns out anytime anyone does anything chances are it'll have been done by a christian or a muslim. What are the odds???? Well actually 100%.

Gatsby's Avatar Punctual Romantic

It is a difficult question to answer if we're talking about preferring some alternate history stemming back to far into the BCs to the current situation. And also the question sounds a bit murdery in the case that we're talking about keeping history intact and dealing with the existing population, which is a bit heavy-handed for my taste.

If you gave the chance to make it so that tomorrow morning every Christian, Jew and Muslim in the world woke up and thought "you know what, god probably doesn't exist after all, holy men and books no longer have any sway over me" - I would take it, no doubt. So yes, in that sense I would like to live in a world without followers of those religions.
    You'll have more fun at a Glasgow stabbing than an Edinburgh wedding.

Under the patronage of the mighty Dante von Hespburg

pacifism's Avatar see the day
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Those things happened in spite of religion rather than because of religion.Does it say in the Bible teach everyone to read and write?The boom of knowledge and wide spread of writing and reading is directly proportional with the diminishing of religion.

Religion played a huge role in the past, I admit, it was an outstanding tool in controlling the masses and it still is.
    Your tactic of blaming "religion" for historical man-made calamities and denying any religious role in progressive measures is unsupported and ideological. I can easily outline some counterexamples to the assertion “The boom of knowledge and wide spread of writing and reading is directly proportional with the diminishing of religion”. For example, in the medieval era Western European monasteries were essential centers of learning in areas such as in medicine, agriculture, and literature. Also, the Islamic Golden Age was at times as theocratic as it gets, yet there was still a flowering of science, mathematics, and medicine.

By the way, one shouldn’t call religion a “tool”. Tools are devices used to achieve a distinct goal. Simply calling religion a tool neglects the fact that you haven’t mentioned who is using religion and to what purpose it is being used. To an extent, quite a few candidates of people who use religion as a “tool” themselves believe in the said religion, so they are hardly the ones scheming for some currently unknown goal.
    Last edited by pacifism; July 03, 2014 at 12:29 PM.

All religions teach good, Hinduism as an example teaches us of self control, respect for others and love toward God and much more as do all religions, whether or not god is real and answers prayers, the placebo affect of happiness in response to praying certainly works!

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    If you gave the chance to make it so that tomorrow morning every Christian, Jew and Muslim in the world woke up and thought "you know what, god probably doesn't exist after all, holy men and books no longer have any sway over me" - I would take it, no doubt. So yes, in that sense I would like to live in a world without followers of those religions.
    You know what, there were times when I thought of it. But then I thought there's nothing wrong in believing there is God in life even if it turns out after we died nothing happened, rather than not believing during our life time and then after we died, there is God.

By then it's too late. Like an insurance, it's better to have it even if we don't need it rather than need it but we don't have it.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    You know what, there were times when I thought of it. But then I thought there's nothing wrong in believing there is God in life even if it turns out after we died nothing happened, rather than not believing during our life time and then after we died, there is God.

By then it's too late. Like an insurance, it's better to have it even if we don't need it rather than need it but we don't have it.
    That's an excellent answer mate

Gatsby's Avatar Punctual Romantic

But does god really care so much about whether people believe in him so much that you should believe in him just in case? Could an omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient being really be so petty?

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
    You'll have more fun at a Glasgow stabbing than an Edinburgh wedding.

Under the patronage of the mighty Dante von Hespburg

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post

What if God only saves people who don't believe him? What if you are believing in the wrong god and the real god will punish only those who believe in those fake gods? You must admit there are a lot of gods that are/have been worshipped by people. So how do you know which one is real if any.
    Eupator Dionysius

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridates VI View Post
    What if God only saves people who don't believe him? What if you are believing in the wrong god and the real god will punish only those who believe in those fake gods? You must admit there are a lot of gods that are/have been worshipped by people. So how do you know which one is real if any.
    To get into that discussion, first you must decide whether you believe in God or not. If you believe, then only we can discuss which is one is God that created men and which are gods created by men. If you are still undecided whether there is God or not, then my answer is as my post no 96.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    But does god really care so much about whether people believe in him so much that you should believe in him just in case? Could an omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient being really be so petty?

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
    An illegal may live in a foreign country, obeying all the rules and try not to break them, maybe contributed to economy indirectly by trade but then they pay no tax to government and in the end they will not get the full benefit as recieved by the citizens.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; June 27, 2014 at 12:30 PM.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast