Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Tech Tree Discussion Thread

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Tech Tree Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by El Fonz0 View Post
    Lumber mills aren't working correcting because they require lumber, which is a hidden resource in the same way Gerudo land and such are, and no region is set to have lumber as a hidden resource.
    Whooo! I didn't want Heavy Infantry anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    Whooo! I didn't want Heavy Infantry anyway.
    As I can tell from your Ordona LP, it would be just too much work to replay it all again just to have access to lumberjacks.

I say this because I went ahead and added the aforementioned hidden resource to many regions, particularly the entirety of the Kokiri Forest, Faron Woods, and forested parts of Holodrum.

(Also, you misspelled Republic. You forgot the "b")

Quote Originally Posted by El Fonz0 View Post
    As I can tell from your Ordona LP, it would be just too much work to replay it all again just to have access to lumberjacks.

I say this because I went ahead and added the aforementioned hidden resource to many regions, particularly the entirety of the Kokiri Forest, Faron Woods, and forested parts of Holodrum.

(Also, you misspelled Republic. You forgot the "b")
    It isn't included in this file, is it? Because I'm pretty sure using this even though I said I'm using 4a. And while its not like I haven't replayed considerable chunks of campaign for continuity, but I'd prefer not to again.
    I noticed that typo about an hour ago and have desperately been trying to find the file with editable text. Looks like I have to remake the entire Ordon-symbol-Ropes-Sign-Text part in the middle . Thanks for pointing it out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    It isn't included in this file, is it? Because I'm pretty sure using this even though I said I'm using 4a. And while its not like I haven't replayed considerable chunks of campaign for continuity, but I'd prefer not to again.
    I noticed that typo about an hour ago and have desperately been trying to find the file with editable text. Looks like I have to remake the entire Ordon-symbol-Ropes-Sign-Text part in the middle . Thanks for pointing it out though.
    Nope. Not that file. The file that determines this kind of stuff is descr_regions.
    I'll upload it if I can confirm my changes work, as I tried to change the religion in Vigjaro to 100% Wizzrobe Influence, but it didn't register.

And you can fix the typo the same way you renamed yourself.

Wait, I spelled it wrong in-game too?

Wow, I did. Spelled it incorrectly both in-game and in the thumbnail. Thanks for pointing that out. It wont register until episode 8, though you never see it during that time anyway.

Well, as it turns out, my changes did nothing.

I get that Ordon doesn't necessarily need more economic power, but does it really make sense to have it limited to lumber? I get that it makes them more flavorful, but if the faction's only heavy infantry depends on resources that they don't have....

At least Hyrule starts with Lon Lon Ranch.

I heard that changing the EDB doesn't break any saves, so I think the lumber mill issue can be temporarily fixed by making it need either land_lizalfos, land_kokiri, or land_deku. I'm not sure if I can make a building have multiple requirements, so at least I'll try to make it so it looks for land_lizalfos, as Faron Woods is closest to Ordona.

Editing the EDB broke it for me, but I may have just edited wrong.

Thank the heavens and the Goddesses above for backups though.

Okay, so i was able to build lumber mills by changing the hidden resource required.

However, Timberfell cannot build lumber mills because it is not lizalfos, kokiri, or deku land. A remedy for that would be to simply place one in Timberfell by default, so you get Lumberjacks as soon as you take it, and until you expand into the forest, your only source of lumberjacks. So you'll want to protect it, or as an enemy, capture it before Ordona gets their hands on it.

So have Conjurers been properly implemented yet? And/or who isn't working for the Wizzrobes just yet?

Gee, I'm bumping threads again?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456