Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Scripts

Default Re: New Scripts

Quote Originally Posted by Deteriorate View Post
    If it's possible to keep without too much work or bogging down turn times, having two rivalling factions with a "Duke of Burgundy" or whatever is a nice little feature to have. I think of it as a dispute between who is the rightful heir of the title... the conqueror or the ancestral claimant
    Like for HRE and France, the one that hold the strip of land that includes Brujes, Antwerp, Metz and Dijon (Lyon and Marseille too perhaps) gets it?

It could even be that if a same general captures or governs each of those 4 settlements for some specific time he gets a "Duke of Burgundy" trait + non-transferable ancillary mainly for showing a coat of arms in the character scroll.
    and with other triggers it could be made somewhat hereditary, like crusader states fiefs.

That sounds fun

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    It could even be that if a same general captures or governs each of those 4 settlements for some specific time he gets a "Duke of Burgundy" trait + non-transferable ancillary mainly for showing a coat of arms in the character scroll.
    and with other triggers it could be made somewhat hereditary, like crusader states fiefs.

That sounds fun
    If you can program the AI to seek this (so as to not be another one advantage a player has over the AI) and you 'll balance this benefit for other faction too, it would be fun for me too

nah the AI would get the trait just by owning the settlements because its too stupid to do otherwise xD
    a day may come the AI gets tired of being called stupid and get back at us, but that day is not today!...wait what?

nah the AI would get the trait just by owning the settlements because its too stupid to do otherwise xD
    a day may come the AI gets tired of being called stupid and get back at us, but that day is not today!...wait what?
    Lately, I'm with the AI! I take offend when you're calling my favorite player stupid

Ok then:
    In CS (simplified version):
    Code:
    monitor_event FactionTurnEnd

set_event_counter Duke_bamd 0
    end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart IsRegionOneOf Brujes_Province, Antwerp_Province, Metz_Province, Dijon_Province
     and not FactionwideAncillaryExists duke_bamd

inc_event_counter Duke_bamd 1
    end_monitor
    In EDCT
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    ; BrujesGovernor, AntwerpGovernor are hidden traits with one level at threshold 1.
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger Dude_bamd1
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement

Condition SettlementName Brujes
     and not IsFactionAIControlled
     and IsGeneral
     and CultureType northern_european
     and not FactionType ...;all northern european except hre and france
     and I_EventCounter Duke_bamd = 4
     ;and Trait BrujesGovernor = 0 ;not absolutely necessary,

Affects BrujesGovernor 1 Chance 100
    Trigger Dude_bamd2

Condition SettlementName Antwerp
     and IsGeneral
     and CultureType northern_european
     and not FactionType ...;all northern european except hre and france
     ;and Trait AntwerpGovernor = 0

Affects AntwerpGovernor 1 Chance 100
    ;repeat for the other two settlements

Trigger Dude_bamd_remove
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition IsGeneral
     and I_EventCounter Duke_bamd > 0
     and I_EventCounter Duke_bamd < 4

Affects BrujesGovernor -1 Chance 100 ; or -154 instead of 1
     Affects AntwerpGovernor -1 Chance 100
     Affects MetzGovernor -1 Chance 100
     Affects DijonGovernor -1 Chance 100

In EDA
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    Trigger Dude_bamd_player

Condition IsGeneral
     and IsRegionOneOf Brujes_Province, Antwerp_Province, Metz_Province, Dijon_Province
     and Trait BrujesGovernor = 1
     and Trait AntwerpGovernor = 1
     and Trait MetzGovernor = 1
     and Trait DijonGovernor = 1

AcquireAncillary duke_bamd chance 100 ; or other chance
    Trigger Dude_bamd_ai

Condition IsGeneral
     and IsRegionOneOf Brujes_Province, Antwerp_Province, Metz_Province, Dijon_Province
     and IsFactionAIControlled

AcquireAncillary duke_bamd chance 100 ;or other chance

Like for HRE and France, the one that hold the strip of land that includes Brujes, Antwerp, Metz and Dijon (Lyon and Marseille too perhaps) gets it?

That sounds fun

Well what I was suggesting specifically was less impressive. I just meant maintaining the current system of Dual titles (ancillary or trait) if achievable. Like how a conquering general can take a title from the city of a defending faction while the defending faction still has a general with the title, from previous governance.

What you propose is awesome, I LOVE the idea of hereditary titles, not only for province groups like you suggest but for individual settlements. Wasting a general to fetch titles from all over hell's half acre and deliver them to other generals is exhausting. Even if the title goes to someone undeserving / incompetent... I'm sure that happened a lot in those times anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Deteriorate View Post
    Wasting a general to fetch titles from all over hell's half acre and deliver them to other generals is exhausting. Even if the title goes to someone undeserving / incompetent... I'm sure that happened a lot in those times anyway
    The AI doesn't do that at all, even if it is at the "neighborhood". Even if it is "exhausting" for the player, it is something that he/she can do, while the AI cannot do. A player's named_character can have -and usually does so- many type dearmad_her titles, while the AI sticks to one.
    The best approach I can think for hereditary titles are "FatherDiesNatural" triggers in EDA that make the sons of a dying general inherit his title. If this approach is applied to all dearmad_her ancs, we would need almost 600 new triggers in EDA

Yeah I was thinking if they were hereditary it would save player leg work and make it easier for AI than accidentally getting titles. Sounds like a lot more work than it's worth though

look at KER "CRUSADER STATES HEREDITARY TITLES", however i don't think making every settlement title like that would be viable.

There is a "FatherAnc" condition, but apparently has some issues and is not reliable according to what i've read around the web, so i had to make every crusader fief have its own unique "ancillary type" which complicate things for traits like Titled/Untitled.

although maybe is possible to not rely on the HasAncType and just use the XXX_heir trait
    nah you need the unique AncType for allocating the traits accordingly xD

did you make the script of sappers work?

Those scripts are really nice ideas! Are they still being worked on?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234