Page 1 of 105 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Iraqi civil war(Updated)

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Iraqi civil war(Updated)

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/06/wo...raqi-city.html

So it seems that the inusrgency continues to spread. The Iraqi government has failed for six months now to recapture Fallujah and now the militants stormed Samarra which is a city north of Bahgdad. The government has sent forces in the area but they are still unable to control the area
    Last edited by Papay; June 19, 2014 at 09:09 AM.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: Iraqi militants capture Samarra

MISSION ACCOMPLISH!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Mayer's Avatar Domesticus

the iraqi government should cooperate with Syria, it is only logical because they have a common enemy but then again there is big brother USA..
    HATE SPEECH ISN'T REAL

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Mayer View Post
    the iraqi government should cooperate with Syria, it is only logical because they have a common enemy but then again there is big brother USA..

Would that be the same US that was indifferent to Russia and China winning oil development bids? Given the shape of Syria I not Assad is the best to trust about how to handle militants.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Someone seeing Putin hands on it?I'm happy because US have shale gas to face any contingence,and billions dollars to spent.

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife View Post
    Someone seeing Putin hands on it?I'm happy because US have shale gas to face any contingence,and billions dollars to spent.
    Sarcasm ?

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Would that be the same US that was indifferent to Russia and China winning oil development bids? Given the shape of Syria I not Assad is the best to trust about how to handle militants.
    Enemy of my enemy is a friend. Not to mention that there are a lot of militants from same organization in both countries, so getting their intelligence services to cooperate would help nail them down.

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

i think the militants are ISIS (Islamic state in Iraq and Syria), an extremist group fighting in Syria.

Source
    Last edited by Cyrene; June 07, 2014 at 08:46 AM.

That's funny how the US spreads conflicts around the world and leave it. What they will do now if the war in middle east spreads?Retreat the new contingents from Poland?Bush started a most idiotic war I ever see,Sadam was a crap but Iraq was a stable country,now after thousands of deaths Iraq remains a country in a constant civil war.Obama take the bush legacy and improve it,he spreads wars and civil discontentment in the middle east,Asia and Europe,he truly deserved the Nobel.
    All the world conflicts have a common denominator,the united states of America.
    Last edited by pajomife; June 07, 2014 at 09:43 AM.

That's funny how the US spreads conflicts around the world and leave it. What they will do now if the war in middle east spreads?Retreat the new contingents from Poland?Bush started a most idiotic war I ever see,Sadam was a crap but Iraq was a stable country,now after thousands of deaths Iraq remains a country in a constant civil war.Obama take the bush legacy and improve it,he spreads wars and civil discontentment in the middle east,Asia and Europe,he truly deserved the Nobel.
    Lets not forget, that America supported Saddam as well, in the 1980s.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Lets not forget, that America supported Saddam as well, in the 1980s.
    As I said before,the today good guy could be the tomorrow bad one.You know,the US have the divine prerogative to decide it.

Edelfred's Avatar Semisalis

i remember back in 2003 as people laughed at anti-war demonstrants, saying that USA invasion will definitely end all problems in Iraqi in one-two weks .
    The War to quit all wars

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Iraqi Freedom was like 11 years ago. Why is this America's fault?

This is the same as with how America "lost" the Vietnam War. South Vietnam lost the war. America had effectively defeated the NVA through overwhelming force and settled favorable terms and withdrawn. When the NVA entered Saigon the only US presence there was the embassy, which was evacuated and abandoned as South Vietnam's defeat naturally ended our need and desire to maintain an embassy in Saigon.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    .... naturally ended our need and desire to maintain an embassy in Saigon.
    That's one way to put it I suppose...

If you look at the odds, the chances that these guys could actually win in the long run could only happen if the Iraqi government was terribly incompetent.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

They also attacked Mosul. Heavy losses on both sides.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Yes the US supports what intrests any particualr admistration and congress think are in the US intrest and that does in fact very. Just like well Turkey and Saudis find it in their interest to pump money into Syrian rebels or China who like to own all of the Ocean and nay oil it might have or Putin... Find me a saint in this picture. Iraq was stable unless you where a Kurd, or lived in Iran or Kuwait...
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

I can only imagine what would have happened if by now Syria was under their control. Assad regime secures Al-Maliki.
    • My name will live in marble and that of my enemies in sand.
    • Kol kalb biji yumu.
    • Ba'al hammon demands sacrifice.
    • ​A man has many faces.
    • Diu werlt ist ûzen schœne, wîz, grüen unde rôt, und innen swarzer varwe, vinster sam der tôt.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    Iraqi Freedom was like 11 years ago. Why is this America's fault?

This is the same as with how America "lost" the Vietnam War. South Vietnam lost the war. America had effectively defeated the NVA through overwhelming force and settled favorable terms and withdrawn. When the NVA entered Saigon the only US presence there was the embassy, which was evacuated and abandoned as South Vietnam's defeat naturally ended our need and desire to maintain an embassy in Saigon.
    US fought along South Vietnam, who lost the war. Therefore, US also lost the war. US maybe won almost all battles, but it did not win the war.

If US fought along NVA, you can say you did not lose the war.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; June 08, 2014 at 12:04 PM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Durnaug's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Iraq was stable unless you where a Kurd, or lived in Iran or Kuwait...
    I don't understand your argument. So because Saddam killed lots of people that makes it okay for the US to kill lots of people aswell? And then to destabilize the country to such an extent that even more are killed? I would understand your position if you suggested that the US intervened to prevent more killing. But the US explicitly did not do that. She brought even more death and destruction.

Furthermore you justify US expediency by highlighting the expediency of other countries. Yet you fail to take into account that the US is not some other country. The US is a hyperpower (an Empire, come on admit it to yourself!) that has instigated several illegal invasions and interventions since the turn of the century. So to justify US actions because weaker countries do the same thing seems very weak; derisory even when it is demonstrable that it is the US that is destroying countries, orchestrating coups and invading others.

Regarding the current situation in Iraq. I always thought the US plan was to partition Iraq, hence the deliberate steps of destabilization taken right at the beginning of the occupation (For example didn't they immediately disband the Iraqi police and army?). "Stuff happens" was Rumsfeld explanation. Yeh, stuff happens when you plan it that way. What a horrible euphemism for chaos - Rumsfeld sure knew how to stick the knife in.

Anyway, if you believe the US goal is destabilization then it sounds like everything is going to plan. Job well done the neocons will be saying to themselves.