Thread: CVRIA activity based on contribution. Proposals.

Default CVRIA activity based on contribution. Proposals.

Hi all!

Contribution. As you know, or maybe you start to know now, it is by the contribution to the site activity that you become a member of the CVRIA. So getting the citizenship, the CVRIA membership, is a recognition to your efforts. This way you participate in the activity of the Capitol fórums reserved for the citizens, CVRIA fórum and SYMPOSIUM.

For sure some may not agree with what I think but for me the activity here is focused in the debate of the constitution matters, some office elections, new members applications and then some random (or weird) posting within which I include mine.

So basically you become member of a group that develops an activity very different from the one that makes you part of the group. It is not necessarilly bad, many people enjoy the actual state of things, and that is good. But it is obvious that if you developed the contribution with so hard effort it is because you like it, so it is natural that you expect that once you are part of the group this activity is reinforced within it in a higher level. But this is not happening in some important fields of contribution like modding. I have posted in the cvria comentary thread a very initial idea about how this could be changed. I propose to créate an Artifex club, a Writers club, a Humour club. I am a modder so I am more interested on the first group, and also the names of the thing is very provisional. I wonder if anyone else share these ideas, not excatly the same ones but similar ones, or may have other interesting ideas.

About the clubs. Each of them would not be a closed field for artifex, writters and so, any CVRIA member could participate even to show the contribution of no members, to créate new contribution, propose colaboration and maybe develop it within the clubs by several projects.

One idea I have been thinking about is an Artifex club gallery, where artifex can use personal posts to show the artwork related to their mods. The artwork made by them and the one made by other members of the site, so this would also be a prize and a reward to non citizens work and would open an oportunity for them to be apreciated and, if they want to, become citizens themselves. The gallery would have an index by game, then by alhpabetic order of mod or modders. Maybe because of this there could be two galleries, one for mods and one for modders. The index would provide link to the posts.

Sir Adrian thinks these club threads should be opened in the SYMPSIUM. This is a solution. There may be others. I think they would require some local moderation powers to work with the posts, merging them, their links and so.

Ok, this is a very initial idea, of course give your opinion and your own ideas.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; June 06, 2014 at 06:29 PM.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: CVRIA activity based on contribution. Proposals.

Mate, just get your citizenship back and start the Artifex club. If people will be interested, great. If not, it won't hurt anyone if it's there, I don't see what you can solve in this forum.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; June 06, 2014 at 03:54 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

I had the suspicion, confirmed by Muizer, that some former citizens would be interested in these kind of ideas. So debating about them here would integrate more wills.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

A bit different idea that came to my mind from this would be a thread (or better one for each game M2TW, Rome etc) where modders could maybe have general discussion, present their work they are releasing as free to use or are willing to give permission in certain conditions, discuss ideas and say what any small or bigger help they require or what kind of mods one is willing to help in which way, etc.

As I only frequent the M2TW modding forums and don't know anything from other TW games subforums I can only talk about M2TW, and what I generally see is few modders each with their own mod, few resource packs scattered among places, many mods with no specified permission rules so you have to ask members of the team to use materials, if you're lucky and anyone is still around and mod isn't dead.

I'd like for things to be centralised a bit, as you say a gallery of works from each modder that they release to public and specify exact permissions, f.e. these units for these factions in this certain era, with pictures and links to download that material or to the whole mod at least. Would apply to anything not just units. And pictures, details and download links would not have to be done by the modders themselves, it could be done by volunteers from the Curia or appointed by the Curia or something, who could take each mod and ask their team about permissions, modders would just have to approve. (On another note it's sad when mods die because there are no more download links, and with Vault still closed I think for more than a year )

What I'd aim for this is more collaboration between modders, getting out of the box (your own mod subforum) and having a more friendly attitude, to ask or offer any small help, some 2d art or historical research, things that can get bigger afterwards. As the goal should be to GET THE MOD RELEASED for the people to play and have fun, and that can be achieved easier if people would work together more, I say every small help counts.

Though I would not want this idea to be for citizens only, there are still many great modders that are not citizens as their work is not released yet and they need more help to release the mod. Also for new mods to ask for help, and why not from discussing ideas in this place couldn't a new mod emerge and a team gather itself? So it can not be in the Curia or Symposium, but with Forum Magnum so empty would such an idea have much success here?

Well this got to quite a different idea, mostly applying to modding, so maybe a different thread should be necessary. Assuming anyone would be interested. Volunteers would be needed to do the work to do this gallery, and maybe the rest could eventually gather around it, without the gallery I'm not sure how many modders would find this thread to present their work, ideas, etc. I would be willing to help, but certainly can't achieve much myself, and neither do I have huge amounts of free time...
    Last edited by Vipman; June 06, 2014 at 04:58 PM.

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I suggest this be tabled for 30 days while I work some things out. Not trying to steal your thunder Beth but I just started a discussion in a private forum that includes Hex and a handful of Citizens for an idea that I have that touches on some similar things. Its going to require a pretty big custom plugin which is why I brought in some other people. There were some hints about this here, but the idea is that a group of us work some things out and then present it to the Curia as a whole.

I am not in a hurry about this, nor even consider this a project of mine but of the people that may be interested in the idea or similar. If you mean to wait 30 days, or even more, because someone else is working in a related project, then I have two things to say, it is great to hear about it, and thank you for telling it. I will wait up in Empire forum doing my business.

Vipman, general idea is very much the same, the only different thing is that the initiative I started with this thread is about giving an additional real meaning to the CVRIA besides the self legislation and citizenship applications. So it would be complementary to the actual activity reinforcing it, in its rewarding role and being more productive to the whole site as it can lead to a greater contribution in quality and quantity. The gallery thing would not be a replic of the fórums of each game, but a very selected exposition of the artwork, in general 2D, 3D, music, videos. Of course it would have links to the mods and the modders, not only the artifex behind. But well, let's suspend this until this announced group releases its work.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; June 06, 2014 at 06:29 PM.

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    If you mean to wait 30 days, or even more, because someone else is working in a related project, then I have two things to say, it is great to hear about it, and thank you for telling it. I will wait up in Empire forum doing my business.
    This is exactly what I meant.

For Bethen & Vip
    I also have a very similar idea that could go well with this concept. You can take a look Multi- level Recognition Alternative

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    I had the suspicion, confirmed by Muizer, that some former citizens would be interested in these kind of ideas. So debating about them here would integrate more wills.
    Pleasantly surprised would cover it. I've just often felt I was the only one who thought that it would be morally and practically better if the citizenship and its institutions were used to promote the activities of the citizens' choice (most likely the ones that got them distinction in the first place). This as opposed to using it to create an environment that pressures or cajoles its members into serving the site in a much more direct way.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

As long as it does not involve politics I support.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook