Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is Jesus

Default Re: Who is Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    Well some did (sort of), hence 7 billion Christians.
    Yeah that number is WAY too exaggerated, the Earth total population is 7 billion

and if you think all of them are Christian you should check the internet.

EDIT: Opt ninjaed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan999 View Post
    Yeah that number is WAY too exaggerated, the Earth total population is 7 billion

and if you think all of them are Christian you should check the internet.

EDIT: Opt ninjaed.
    Ah well, you know imbibing ḥarām made me pull a number out of my ass. For some reason the number felt comfortable (before I thought about it). The real number is pretty crazy though, even considering how many are only Christian on Christmas.

If you want to get OCD about facts though, explains this:

Quote Originally Posted by Verr View Post
    personaly i count 7 000 000 000 gods in this world in this world-system alone :/

in short 1 god in 3 forms with 7 "milliarden" (beat it anglos!) sons of god.

thats 137. (1337 for n00bs)
    …and this guy was counting personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

well, he's German, Germans are....calculators

Verr's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrene View Post
    ^ seven billion?
    seven billionZ v
    Last edited by Verr; June 11, 2014 at 02:36 AM.
    Soli Deo Gloria

I can see what you see not— Vision milky, then eyes rot. When you turn, they will be gone, Whispering their hidden song. Then you see what cannot be— Shadows move where light should be. Out of darkness, out of mind, Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.

Verr's Avatar Civis

the Earth total population is 7 billion
    they are all my sons (die SEINen)
    Soli Deo Gloria

I can see what you see not— Vision milky, then eyes rot. When you turn, they will be gone, Whispering their hidden song. Then you see what cannot be— Shadows move where light should be. Out of darkness, out of mind, Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

and you still couldn't explain why God did nothing for India, East Asia, most of Middle East, and the America's till his followers started going outside of Europe. Your claims are invalid till you can explain this
    Appearances can be deceiving but the answer to you lies in what happened after the flood when Nimrod or Semiramis built Babylon's tower. Remember these peoples had the word of a coming Saviour from Noah and Shem but Cush being Cush apportioned it to man and not God coming in Jesus Christ, so what we got was peoples being dispersed across the globe carrying the Gospel and a falsified version into the bargain. These nations knew of the supernatural but what they replaced that with was their own man made religions that started with Cush and the dispersion. It was no surprise that when Jesuits hit those countries they found these religions to be very similar to the Gospel.

Verr,

Perhaps if you read Hislop's Two Babylons for the linguistic appreciation alone you would find that the roots all stem back to the Babylonian dispersion.

" Why would he be born a Jew if he's God himself or sent by God? Jews were culturally isolated and nobody bothered to listen to their teachings. Wouldn't it be more logical for him to be born a patrician Roman, a noble Chinese, or high-ranked Indian or Persian? "

AqD,

The very first man God chose to be righteous before Him was Abel followed by those told of in Scripture and not one of them was a Jew. Why even Abraham was an Assyrian from Ur in the Chaldeas so no-one can deny that what would be called Gentiles were saved before the Jewish nation was formed. But out of all these nations God chose the tribes of Israel to be the Holy nation through whom the Gospel and the Inspiration for the Gospel would come, Him being Jesus Christ. Why He chose them is answered in Scripture by the fact that they were a people on whom all the nations looked down on, the scum of the earth so to speak. Through Moses He raised them up to be a nation feared.

Now the thing that's noticed by this is that God's plan was moving from the individual to a more intensive coverage of His Gospel seen in that people by their numbers which themselves display the very nature of the Gospel they would carry. Even so, with all the rituals and rules with which they lived we can see that even among them few were ever saved. Like us today, they had the knowledge of God but most preferred not to listen, not to obey, and, certainly not to fear God regardless of what He demonstrated for them on the other nations. Nonetheless, because He had chosen them, it was out of them, Judah in particular, that His " seed " Jesus Christ would come. Indeed in Israel He showed that merit didn't matter one iota.

Today we have little Israel of a few million strong opposed by numerous millions of Muslims intent on destroying them and failing at every turn simply because God still has a remnant in each generation that He will save, meaning that no matter what anyone else does God will see that nation survive right up until the eve of the very last day. And notice, that it is the so-called Christian nations who will help see that through, why? Because as it is written, they know that in Israel there is this remnant to whom they must be joined before the end can come.

Cyrene,

Once again you do not use the Scriptures, preferring the Koran to come up with some very devious counter interpretations of what is actually written. If you cannot see Jesus in all that the prophets have written and fulfilled at Calvary it only proves that you are as blind as a bat. Why, God Himself predicted that the " seed " would contend with the serpent for the souls of men at the fall of man which you don't even believe happened. OK, then tell everyone on these threads why Muslims need mercy from God to enter this fabulous paradise if the fall didn't happen?

Nesimî's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    Today we have little Israel of a few million strong opposed by numerous millions of Muslims intent on destroying them and failing at every turn simply because God still has a remnant in each generation that He will save, meaning that no matter what anyone else does God will see that nation survive right up until the eve of the very last day.
    Associating God with U.S. aid and support seems to be a staple of neoconservatism. Leo Strauss was not a Christian, buddy.
    shum

Today we have little Israel of a few million strong opposed by numerous millions of Muslims intent on destroying them and failing at every turn simply because God still has a remnant in each generation that He will save, meaning that no matter what anyone else does God will see that nation survive right up until the eve of the very last day. And notice, that it is the so-called Christian nations who will help see that through, why? Because as it is written, they know that in Israel there is this remnant to whom they must be joined before the end can come.
    Historically speaking Israel is a blip on the map. A forced blip I might add. I am sure there was a time people thought the Holy Roman Empire would last forever. or the principality of Westphalia, or the Qin dynasty or the Aztec Alliance, or the Incan Empire and on and on. For someone who references so far into the future and so far into the past by thousands of years you have a ridiculously shortsighted viewpoint on the existence of a nation barely 70 years old. The only reason Israel survives to day is because of US hegemony, and the threat of nuclear war. If Israel had been founded 50 years before it would have been wiped out and absorbed either into the Ottoman Empire or perhaps a British backed caliphate.

Self propagating prophecies are nothing more than evidence of a con artist or artists working on the deceived to further their goals. Once the USA finally can no longer sustain its military presence around the world and recedes as it is and will continue to do so, we shall see how friendly Orthodox Christian Russia is to them or the indifferent EU or the Atheist Chinese care about your silly desert religion.
    Last night, the complaints of the fans kept me awake and I had a terrible vision. I saw, the end of our franchise, countless bugs and bad reviews! Total War, GONE. Why would CA release such an unfinished game? They put effort into their work. They have released successful Total War titles aplenty! Their products are shipped to all corners of the world...and yet now I fear, I cannot help it. Total War is the envy of lesser gamers but CA, tell terrible lies to their fanbase, Rome II was bugged and unfinished SO THEY LIE. But Sega, they are the masters of falsehood. DLC will come, I am sure of it, so I will buy no more Total War games, and I think the forums, will be empty tonight.

Couldn't one make the argument than that the angels might be older than God?
    There was to my recollection a Pope that discussed this matter in personal correspondence with another member of the Roman-Catholic Church a very long time ago. I would google around for it but I am a demon of sloth.

Anyway it outlined that being an Angel was a job (a messenger job) not a specific creature and that before the 'god creature' needed messengers, these things were likely around but as what.

I do recall liking that notion, though, on a purely story-basis that the Judeo-Christian God had whipped a bunch of pagan deities (possibly being one itself originally) into submission and formed a centralized theocratic government with them as his arms (as opposed to near equals in a feudalistic divine state).

Some other conspiracy theorists raised the notion at some point (some half baked history channel documentary if I recall correctly) that one of the Judeo-Christian God's aspects (D&D reference for lack of a better term) was Zeus, which some evidence exists (they proposed) for a centralization process towards the end of the Hellenistic paganism story-line. The idea being that Zeus/the God Creature spent millennia centralizing his rule until being able to completely revoke the god status of his divine subjects entirely and made itself an absolute authority within it's sphere of influence.

A neat variation on a story with many of them. I should cite some of these things, obviously, but it is hard to rouse the energy required for it when the topic is steeped in make-believe (and when I have pressing collegiate work).
    Last edited by Shaxx; June 11, 2014 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Punctuation.

Quote Originally Posted by Monoloco View Post
    The only reason Israel survives to day is because of US hegemony, and the threat of nuclear war.
    Nuclear war maybe, but major US aid to Israel started after Israel had already survived the only major wars that posed an existential threat. In 1948, Israel had no help when it fought Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon. That said, there's no reason to look for extraordinary explanations for why a cornered animal will fight harder than one that knows it has the option to flee if it needs to. I'd ask if divine intervention is the default explanation for victories that are hard to understand, why not assume divine intervention explains how some tribes from 7th Century Arabia could defeat two of the world's most powerful empires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

What a happy ending.

these stuff are only worth the last page of a story read to children before they sleep.

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! (From the KJV Bible, Matthew 23:37)"

"You have heard these things; look at them all. Will you not admit them? "From now on I will tell you of new things, of hidden things unknown to you. They are created now, and not long ago; you have not heard of them before today. So you cannot say, 'Yes, I knew of them.' You have neither heard nor understood; from of old your ear has not been open. Well do I know how treacherous you are; you were called a rebel from birth. For my own name's sake I delay my wrath; for the sake of my praise I hold it back from you, so as not to cut you off. (From the NIV Bible, Isaiah 48:6-9)"

"So I will disgrace the dignitaries of your temple, and I will consign Jacob to destruction and Israel to scorn. (From the NIV Bible, Isaiah 43:28)"

"But now, all you who light fires and provide yourselves with flaming torches, go, walk in the light of your fires and of the torches you have set ablaze. This is what you shall receive from my hand: You will lie down in torment. (From the NIV Bible, Isaiah )

"21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof."

looks like God in the bible didn't like Israel afterall...

"And We gave (Clear) Warning to the Children of Israel in the Book, that twice would they do mischief on the earth and be elated with mighty arrogance, When the first of the warnings came to pass, We sent against you Our servants given to terrible warfare: They entered the very inmost parts of your homes; and it was a warning (completely) fulfilled, Then did We grant you the Return as against them: We gave you increase in resources and sons, and made you the more numerous in man-power,If ye did well, ye did well for yourselves; if ye did evil, (ye did it) against yourselves. So when the second of the warnings came to pass, (We permitted your enemies) to disfigure your faces, and to enter your Temple as they had entered it before, and to visit with destruction all that fell into their power, It may be that your Lord may (yet) show Mercy unto you; but if ye revert (to your sins), We shall revert (to Our punishments): And we have made Hell a prison for those who reject (all Faith)"

Quote Originally Posted by Nesimî View Post
    Associating God with U.S. aid and support seems to be a staple of neoconservatism. Leo Strauss was not a Christian, buddy.
    Nesimi,

If memory serves me correct it was not America who aided Israel in the 48 war, rather the French and Czechoslovakians with weapons but the Jews did all the fighting as they have always done and have prevailed as they have always done, why? Because despite their being cut off the vine, there is still a remnant that belong to God plus the promise God made to them about the land is immutable as long as the land exists. Why America has become so involved now has two parts to it, one being that the Christians of America know this and two because of the huge Jewish lobby in America.

" Historically speaking Israel is a blip on the map. A forced blip I might add. I am sure there was a time people thought the Holy Roman Empire would last forever. "

Monoloco,

But we are not talking of Rome but Israel the chosen of God given a land in perpetuity despite its people rejecting Jesus, why? Because God as I said still has a remnant who are His in each generation who will come out of that land. Oh, one can argue this and that but it is God you are dealing with here and He will not be thwarted by anyone.

Shaxx,

Since God is the beginning and the end how could angels, his messengers, be in existence before Him? The Pope was daft.

sumskilz,

Nothing happens on this planet without the knowledge of God but that doesn't mean with His approval. Unless the Arabs had Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour rest assured that they are now all in hell awaiting their final destination and that won't be paradise.

" looks like God in the bible didn't like Israel afterall..."

Cyrene,

Well done ole fella. You actually used Scripture but not necessarily in the context or flow that must be applied to see where God is coming from. As I said above God stripped them of the vine to replace them with Gentiles but within that nation He still has a remnant which will be gathered out of each generation into His fold and because they are in the land of Israel, got a nice ring to it, yes, land of Israel He will ensure that they won't be overcome by anyone.

Just think that God having stripped them from the vine because they rejected Jesus how much more Islam is already rejected from getting anywhere near the vine because it too has rejected Jesus Christ. No sense laughing at the Jews when you're in the same sinking boat. The good news is however that even people born into Islam are getting saved and them becoming Christian through God's redemption by the blood of Jesus Christ. Wonderful is it not?

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

Basics Check this

and check out what the beloved children of God are doing in their Promised land :(

we never wanted them out of the holy land, mate, All we ask is Justice & Tolerance.

on the other hand, the prophet's companion, Umar, signed a treaty with the local population after taking Jerusalem, go look it up, it's called the Treaty of Umar.
    Last edited by Cyrene; June 13, 2014 at 08:00 AM.

Basics Check this

and check out what the beloved children of God are doing in their Promised land :(

we never wanted them out of the holy land, mate, All we ask is Justice & Tolerance. on the other hand, the prophet's companion, Umar, signed a treaty with the local population after taking Jerusalem, go look it up, it's called the Treaty of Umar.
    Cyrene,

All that the guy on YouTube said was what your peaceful religion is doing at this moment, killing and butchering people of the same religion plus others. And the strangest thing to any reasonable mind is that it is done in the name of God yet with absolutely no authorization from God. That's why you will never remove the Israelis from the land that God gave them, note, the land that God gave them. And the thing is, you've been doing it for centuries and the amazing thing about that is that the land is back where it belongs in spite of you. It has always been and will always be the land of Israel.

Yes in times past God has taken them out of the land but not totally as there were always certain left in it, and this was punishment for their indiscretions, but He has always put them back in it because of the immutable promise He made to them about it. Your speaker seems to think and wrongly think that the Yanks saved Israel because they supplied them with arms but had he known better the explanation is above and Israel now has its own arms industry something that Muslims cannot brag about even now. Everything they have has to come from abroad such is their ingenuity. But give them a gun and they'll butcher anyone.

Let no Muslim commit violence, prophet Mohammed. It's one of his laws and from the others on the caption you have it appears that no Muslim actually obeys anything that is written on it. Turn on your TV and have a butchers at what is there. Africa, the Middle East, Russia, China, Indonesia, the Philippines, Europe and America are all theatres of war imposed by Muslims on others at this moment in time, exactly the opposite that you display on your postscript. How do you reconcile the one with the other?

" A neat variation on a story with many of them. I should cite some of these things, obviously, but it is hard to rouse the energy required for it when the topic is steeped in make-believe (and when I have pressing collegiate work). "

Shaxx,

Aye, and notice how most of them are now out of fashion unlike the story that Jesus Christ still brings to people. Of course since then some have induced the favour of so-called angels to bolster what they intend as a work on men and women. The strange thing might be that it works at the moment but in time these too will be lost in the dust of time. The good news is that Jesus' story won't.

Verr's Avatar Civis

" The strange thing might be that it works at the moment but in time these too will be lost in the dust of time. The good news is that Jesus' story won't.
    thats important: your body will be dust.
    your views of today will be void.
    but your story in the book of life stays forever in god.
    Soli Deo Gloria

thats important: your body will be dust.
    your views of today will be void.
    but your story in the book of life stays forever in god.
    Verr,

Absolutely. Make sure your name is in there. How? Seek Jesus.

Verr's Avatar Civis

Verr,

Absolutely. Make sure your name is in there. How? Seek Jesus.
    im 137% certain that jesus is goD <-
    Soli Deo Gloria

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

im 137% certain that jesus is goD <-
    me too , i'm 137% certain he is.

not God.

Verr's Avatar Civis

me too , i'm 137% certain he is.

not God.
    u sure? not 1371?
    Soli Deo Gloria