Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is Jesus

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Who is Jesus

At what is called the Last Supper Jesus took bread and blessed it saying, " This is my body given for you...." and then He lifted a cup, blessed it and said, " This is the New Testament in my blood....." New Testament? What New Testament? What blood? How could anyone bring in a new law, it just wasn't done except by God and He had never suggested a New Covenant in a way that the Israelites could accept.

Indeed during the meal and Jesus' sayings the disciples weren't exactly on song regarding this New Testament at all. There wasn't one then and each of them if they had thought about it seriously would have said immediately that only God can change a law with Him actually dying but as we know God doesn't die. So, how in our wildest dreams can Jesus infer this New Law, Him being a man? I mean every Law stood just as when it was given so what was Jesus talking of? Firstly He would need to be God and secondly He would have to die for any Law to be changed.

In other words He would have needed to make the Laws in the first place to be able to change any in the second place. And taking into account that He would need to die so that the legality of it is right, He would also have needed to be alive to do so. So, here is the crux of the matter. The Father having given Him all authority in heaven and earth, I say it was Jesus who not only created all things but also created all the Laws that the Jews were given. That is how the New Testament in His blood was accomplished.

He died on a cross and rose again to the glory proving that by the introduction of a New Testament in His blood actually happened. He proved that He must be God for the legality of Law change to take place and the myriads of converts from Genesis to Revelation are testimony to these things. And, when the great day comes it is He who will judge all the world from Genesis to Revelation wherein all will bow the knee and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, is God. Abel saw it, Noah saw it, Abraham saw it as did Isaac, Jacob, David, Daniel, Samson and many others, do you?

Verr's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Who is Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    Who is Jesus
    GOD
    You
    me
    Soli Deo Gloria

I can see what you see not— Vision milky, then eyes rot. When you turn, they will be gone, Whispering their hidden song. Then you see what cannot be— Shadows move where light should be. Out of darkness, out of mind, Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.

Illuminating, having lived in the most religious pocket hell hole of these great United States I have never heard about this guy and what he has done before. I'm going to go get baptized and start my new life ASAP. Usually I would have slammed my door before the second sentence could be spoken.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Josua was a rabbi of Nazarth born on 752 AUC and then executed on 756 or 758 AUC, for terrorism and subversive political activities against the Senate and the People of Rome, by the local Roman autorities.

You know God should have made four Jesus,

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

and plant them in the Han Dynasty, the India continent (not the best with Indian history ) the

Parthian Empire, along with the area's in the Roman Empire.

I mean why limit your area of influence when you are all powerful and everywhere, plus

all knowing?

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Five Jesuses. Don't forget Abyssinia. Blacks like Jesus too.

Realistically God could have made everyone Jesus and then it might be reasonable to believe.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

according to that same Jesus your talking about, Bible and The Quran, he was a Messenger.

don't ask why, that would cause this whole Forum to drown in the Various quotes by jesus and his disciples that prove he was a Prophet, no son of God or God himself.

and btw, Jesus wasn't sent to the whole world, only to the lost sheep of israel, you have no place in all this matter.
    Last edited by Cyrene; June 06, 2014 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    Five Jesuses. Don't forget Abyssinia. Blacks like Jesus too.

Realistically God could have made everyone Jesus and then it might be reasonable to believe.
    Nah we got the Romans to cover south africa. The area I covered were supposed to be where Christianity

can start in those place by having Jesus #1,2,3,4 perform miracles and "die" for our "sins".

I mean the Romans and the Han dynasty was going through a peaceful time (at least for the Romans, I

am not sure about the Han) so in all theory when Chinese Jesus gets yanked by the Han, his disciples

should be able to do the same the Israelite Jesus disciples did.

EDIT: Nope China was going through some hard time during 9 AD and 25 AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrene View Post
    and btw, Jesus wasn't sent to the whole world, only to the lost sheep of israel, you have no place in all this matter.
    wait are you talking about me or basic? cause I am just posting poking fun at what is a hilarious title

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

i was talking to basics

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan999 View Post
    You know God should have made four Jesus,
    Jewish Jesus could have been intended for, Romans, Africans and Parthians, that way you would only need 1 extra jesus, for east Asia, you could probably put him in Malacca, or Vietnam.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Where is that map from?

Five Jesuses. Don't forget Abyssinia. Blacks like Jesus too..
    What about the Americas?

EDIT: Nope China was going through some hard time during 9 AD and 25 AD.
    They don’t have to send them all a t the same time, there could be some lag. Then again if you are god you could coordinate peaceful periods in different civilizations, so that your jesuses are al contemporary to the minute.
    "The chickens don't seem to mind"

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

delete

Quote Originally Posted by Ima Farmathar View Post
    Where is that map from?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group...767&do=discuss

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/...b.png~original

Jewish Jesus could have been intended for, Romans, Africans and Parthians, that way you would only need 1 extra jesus, for east Asia, you could probably put him in Malacca, or Vietnam.
    Yeah we all remember how that turned out with Parthia, no Parthia itself need a little intervention from Je homes to make them believe.

What about the Americas?
    I hope Jesus is good at playing soccer.....
    Last edited by Spartan999; June 06, 2014 at 04:43 PM.

Thanks! EDIT: is it Viky 2?

Yeah we all remember how that turned out with Parthia, no Parthia itself need a little intervention from Je homes to make them believe.

You are right, but suppose making a “jesus” is expensive, would a Kushan jesus be sufficient for both India and Parthia?

I hope Jesus is good at playing soccer.....
    Maybe that’s how he gets dealt with…

HAHAHAHAHA
    Last edited by Ima Farmathar; June 06, 2014 at 05:10 PM.
    "The chickens don't seem to mind"

What about the Americas?
    Jewish Jesus went there after the Crucifixion. Called himself Kukulkan.Tried to talk them out of human sacrifice on account of the fact he had already done that. Not terribly successful.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

" according to that same Jesus your talking about, Bible and The Quran, he was a Messenger. "

Cyrene,

He was indeed a Messenger among the many other Titles He has. And, being a Messenger does that not nullify Mohammed's promise of virgins since He, Jesus, said that there is no giving and taking in marriage in heaven, meaning no sex, so what's the point of the virgins? But since the Koran is a book of double speak, double understanding, could it be that Jesus is really God and not just a Messenger from God?

" don't ask why, that would cause this whole Forum to drown in the Various quotes by jesus and his disciples that prove he was a Prophet, no son of God or God himself. "

Not forgetting His saying to the Sanhedrin experts that, " Before Moses was, I AM." Strange how you only see what the Koran allows you to see.

" and btw, Jesus wasn't sent to the whole world, only to the lost sheep of israel, you have no place in all this matter. "

And who are true Jews? Not them that rely on circumcision but them that are born again of the Spirit of God, whether Jew or Gentile. Was Abraham a Jew when he was saved? No, he was just a man, an Assyrian from Ur in the Chaldeas when God saved him, neither Jewish then nor circumcised. The thing is that during His time with the lost tribe He saved others who were not of that tribe showing that salvation may have been firstly to the Jews but as they for the most rejected Him there were plenty others that He could and would save.

The sad thing is that you are using religion to denigrate who Jesus was/is whilst the others just mock, the danger being that your religion deals out murder and mayhem if one happens to say anything about it. Further it offers mankind nothing for the next life except a barrowload of virgins to attract the baser instincts of man plus the need to work your socks off in the hope of mercy. Jesus Christ offers you the complete package but your so-called holy book won't allow you to see that on pain of death.

Thanks! EDIT: is it Viky 2?
    Yep
    You are right, but suppose making a “jesus” is expensive, would a Kushan jesus be sufficient for both India and Parthia?
    This is the almighty we are talking about, nothing is too expensive for him.

Maybe that’s how he gets dealt with…

HAHAHAHAHA
    He just couldn't make that pass, he kicked the ball too hard.

Jewish Jesus went there after the Crucifixion. Called himself Kukulkan.Tried to talk them out of human sacrifice on account of the fact he had already done that. Not terribly successful.

Nah I am sure it was cause he sucked at soccer, I mean look at that robe.

How the hell is he supposed to run in that get up?

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    whilst the others just mock,
    Nah we are just making fun of your thread title.

Plus mine is a legitimate question. Cause Christianity does not reach

East Asia till like what is it like the 16th century?

Wouldn't the almighty want to spread the good word I don't

know everywhere? Instead of how limited his followers can?

Kind of makes you think God doesn't love everyone equally.

It is almost like his love is based on where you are located during the time.

EDIT: So is Jesus the son of god or is he god himself? People

tell me it is either one or both which confuse me.

He is the son of God, so a hero, but he is a God. His death made him a God. It's like Hercules. It makes sense.

Now, monotheistically the argument is that he's part of the same Godliness as the Holy Spirit and God. Which is confusing but I guess its like Brahman or something. All the Gods are essences of the oneness.
    Last edited by Col. Tartleton; June 08, 2014 at 09:59 AM.

That is even more confusing. I mean it makes sense but isn't

there supposed to be one God only? Here I thought Jesus was the son,

which made him an angel/archangel along with Michael and depending

on what part of Christian belief with the other 6 archangels with Satan/Lucifer.

Unfortunately the bible doesn't really explain cosmology outside of how it relates to us. God made the heaven and the earth, etc. But he never makes the angels. They were already there when he started. Its like the Ameshas in Zoroastrianism. The six are the first emanations and predate creation.

Risen Jesus is ranked above the archangels though. I think that's clear.

Couldn't one make the argument than that the angels might be older than God?

He might be more powerful than they are but if it never say God created them, we

can just say angels came first, but God came along and seeing his power they decided

to serve him. Or better yet God is just a unique angel. Since it never say he created them

we can see that God is one of them, his just their leader.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast