Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP ver. 0.97 (outdated, use v. 098)

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP - Beta v0.8.2 downloadable - 21st of April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    What version of Windows are you using? XP, 7 or 8?
    If you're using 7 or 8, please check the 1st post to disable the UAC.
    Didn't work

When you unzipped the SSHIP full install file, did you do it directly to the data folder or to another folder before to merge it with the "original" data one?
    Another folder
    During the installation, have you run the SS setup before installing SSHIP, choosing early era and Savage AI?
    yes

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Ok, can you post your log (but not sure it will help)?

Can you also describe how you merged the 2 data folders? I mean have you really replaced the files when required and fusionned the folders when required?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

0.81 link doesn't work for me. "Certificate authentication failed" or however it goes.

EDIT: also, have any changes been made to the political system, ie loyalty/usurper etc? This is probably the best M2 mod (SS sub-mod) I've ever played, but the one thing that I never really liked was the lack of control, or understanding, I've always had over loyalty, civil wars etc. That most of my generals would have 1-3 loyalty, would hate the king, I'd apparently be having a civil war etc just never seemed to make sense. If that's been worked on to make more sense, or even if there could be a guide written on it to make sense of how it all goes to hell and how to manage things better it'd make this a ton better for me.

Also, that 0.81 link being fixed would be awesome
    Last edited by Aenima; November 15, 2014 at 06:08 AM.

With the next version coming up, you won't need 0.8.1. anymore.

I understand that the whole usurper thing is confusing. I will write a guide as soon as I can. Also I'll try to give the player more control in some way. Perhaps there could be some interactive events which would be triggered, with which you can prevent the usurper from getting on the throne. I will see what I can do.

Basically if you keep your bloodline clean, you won't have trouble with usurpers. If you can't, you got the chance that adopted children become rightful heirs, depending on the chivalry as well as loyalty I think. For regents, if they are loyal/chivalrous you should be fine. If they are not, they will usurp. But if your original family died off, you have to let the usurping happen some time. It doesn't really take too long, and after that you got a rightful leader again. At least that's the theory. I don't know if this works perfectly, so feel free to report everything in detail. It's really a lot of triggers working together, and since I didn't create the system, it was really hard to get it to the state it is right now even.

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    With the next version coming up, you won't need 0.8.1. anymore.
    Sweet! I was only trying to get it since the instructions specify you need it for 0.82, been a bit out of the loop so didn't realise there was another update coming. Is that another 0.8x / 0.9 update or will it be an official "v1.0" release?

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    I understand that the whole usurper thing is confusing. I will write a guide as soon as I can. Also I'll try to give the player more control in some way. Perhaps there could be some interactive events which would be triggered, with which you can prevent the usurper from getting on the throne. I will see what I can do.

Basically if you keep your bloodline clean, you won't have trouble with usurpers. If you can't, you got the chance that adopted children become rightful heirs, depending on the chivalry as well as loyalty I think. For regents, if they are loyal/chivalrous you should be fine. If they are not, they will usurp. But if your original family died off, you have to let the usurping happen some time. It doesn't really take too long, and after that you got a rightful leader again. At least that's the theory. I don't know if this works perfectly, so feel free to report everything in detail. It's really a lot of triggers working together, and since I didn't create the system, it was really hard to get it to the state it is right now even.

Appreciate the intent to help out, and also I can't imagine how complex it must be. As for my experience of it, it was just honestly the case that civil wars never ended; in a Venetian campaign I had I managed to conquer all of Italy and was branching into the Greek lands, so it was a fairly long campaign that had a lot of faction leaders come and go. The thing is is that after my first faction leader died (and I think the heir had been killed in a battle) it was constant "civil war." Every king was a usurper...for his entire reign. And so was his heir, even when the heir was legitimate. Generals had loyalty at an average of 1 or 2, some were even at 0, and overall I just had no idea what to do. I'd experimented with killing off usurper kings to try and see if the new king (not his heir) would be rightful and end the war, but it never worked.

When I'd asked about it here people often said what you mentioned, ie that over time the usurper and his family become accepted and loyalty returns to normal, but for me that never happened. I don't know if I had a dodgy install or bugged files or something (everything else worked fine, though) or who knows what, but it just didn't work well for me, unfortunately. Still, looking forward to the next update, especially if there are plans in the works to tweak the political system!

Senator

Same thing with me, also with Venice... maybe it's just a bug with the Venetian line? But even when I looked at the family tree it appeared they were related into the original FL's family, so I dunno...

I think next heir ancillary would be extremely helpful at alleviating this problem.

Libertus

Do we download all three parts or is there a full download, or do we have to download the 1 and 2 parts?

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP - Beta v0.8.3 downloadable - 3rd of December 2014

If you start from nothing, you have to download all.

If you have SSHIP v0.8.2 already installed, just download v0.8.3, patch 1 and 2.

This release has been a bit rought due to my laptop crash. MWY has done his best to catch up. When things are back to "normal", I'll make a v0.8.3 full install.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Do u still have too install the SSHIP setup file after installing SS 6.4?

SSHIP Setup.exe*

Blog Entries

Not sure to understand your question.
    Basically, if you have a "fresh" install of SS6.4, run the SS setup and then install SSHIP. If you already have SSHIP v0.8.2, just install the v0.8.3 and its patches.

Yeah I have had that setup file since I first noticed this mod and it includes the v0.8.0 version wich is included in the v0.8.2 rar, but now I know that

hello, i´m a spanish player and when i´m going to dowload 0.8.3 version in file-upload it say that the archive is broken... i would like that 0.8.3 version dowload again please. Un saludo a la comunidad total war, en especial al medieval 2 total war!!!Sois geniales!!

Blog Entries

I'll make an alternative download link tonight. Sorry can't do it from work

Edit: 1st post updated with new link for download.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; December 12, 2014 at 10:36 PM.

Can anyone please upload the full install version to another hoster? There are many alternative filehosters for that 1,4 GB.
    I can't download the file - tried Firefox, Chrome and Opera - always get at the end of 99% an decryption error.

And when I try to download it with firefox (mega plugin installed) I can't enter the mega website. It just give me a blank white window.
    Without the plugin I'm able to click on download but then it says that I need that plugin for larger files than 1 GB...

(okay now firefox is downloading but at 99% I get the decryption error as with Chrome or Opera)
    Help?! Uploading to another hoster, please?
    Last edited by Bund weicher Birnen; December 18, 2014 at 03:15 PM.

0.82 download keeps failing to download randomly, any other dl links?

Blog Entries

I'm working on alternative download links.

Brothers, I have a question about the Hashshashin unit. Is there anyone can recruit Hashshashin? I have Master Hashshashin building but cannot recruit any of them.
    Last edited by minhnd6789; December 21, 2014 at 04:01 AM.

Blog Entries

If I remember correctly, they have been removed as they were not soldiers but more part of group or kind of guild. Also, we needed space in the EDU to introduce new units. Regarding the building, I'm not sure about what it gives. I have to check that.

Ahhh I have been away for so long that I have missed an update!

However I'm scared that I'll lose my saved campaign if I update because I plan on continuing my AAR. Perhaps I will hold off on the update until I finish writing but it looks so promising

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by SanyuXV View Post
    Ahhh I have been away for so long that I have missed an update!

However I'm scared that I'll lose my saved campaign if I update because I plan on continuing my AAR. Perhaps I will hold off on the update until I finish writing but it looks so promising
    Yeah, it's not save game compatible.

You COULD make a new Medieval II installation and install 0.8.3 on that one, so you have two installations, one with 0.8.2 and one with 0.8.3. If you have the time, inclination and disk space.