Page 37 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1227282930313233343536373839404142434445464762 ... LastLast

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP ver. 0.97 (outdated, use v. 098)

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9 downloadable - 19th of January 2016

Yes, rum sultanate is easy to destroy for byzzies, maybe sship team should give them strong armies at the beginning of the game for simulate a big invasion of anatolia for rum selyuks and contrarest the great and powerful byzantine army, maybe this problem can solve in the new patch...
    Last edited by j.a.luna; June 28, 2016 at 04:18 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Which exe do I use to launch the game? Do I use the SS_Launcher in the SS folder or do I use the Stainless Steel 6.4 launcher that is made when you install SS? I haven't gotten the game to work with SSHIP and I don't know what's wrong.

Yeah, I just got it to work, you can delete my previous comments if you wish

Great mod

Will those sandy's stratmodel banners be used ? they look realy great, as all sandys stuff does.

When you zoom enough they become transparent.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Don't disable the RR/RC when you launch the SS setup or you may encounter CTD's.

You can use both launchers. Basically, the SS6.4 launcher is just a shortcut to the other one
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Hi, I must have done something wrong during installation but I'm not sure what. I set the path to where ss6.3 is located and when I open through steam I still get SS6.4. i used this install path C:/program files(x86)/steam/steam apps/common/Medieval ii Total War/mods/americas 6.4 is in the americas folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    You don't need any other SSHIP version to install this one ; just a clean SS 6.4 install.

When the launcher shows the path, does it end by "data? If not, you game is not installed in the right place and you have a "data" folder located in the wrong place.

We're doing our best to keep the turn time as short as possible. So far, it is much faster than in SS6.4.
    ah, this must be my problem.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by begri View Post
    Croatia
    -there was two countries Croatia and Slawonia
    No, there was only the kingdom of Croatia by this mods start date, Slavonia did not become a banate until 1225 and even then it was officially a part of the kingdom of Croatia until 8 December 1496, when it was finally given recognition as a separate entity, which actually came to late since the banate was abolished and Slavonia was again merged with Croatia two decaded before in 1476, meaning that until 1699, Slavonia did not exist as a separate political entity.

-Between hungary and Venice there was a war for Zara that is Dalmácia only the islands and the coast
    Venice had no real foothold in Dalmatia until 1202, they did not have the coastline until 1420.
    Last edited by +Marius+; July 05, 2016 at 02:19 AM.

Civis

Wow, thanks.

And there was not a city in Dalmatia and/or Montenegro/Albany what was enough strong to be a saparate country in the game like the Serbian Principality?

Gesendet von meinem SM-T800 mit Tapatalk
    Last edited by begri; July 05, 2016 at 11:04 AM.

Wow, thanks.
    Wow, you are the first person to ever actually thank me for correcting him/her

And there was not a city in Dalmatia and/or Montenegro/Albany what was enough strong to be a saparate country in the game like the Serbian Principality?
    Not really, the game has a limited amount of allowed provinces and none apart from Zadar deserve the slot.

I have some questions on the installation process:

- Firstly, does it matter whether I downloaded my Stainless Steel 6.3 + 6.4 patch in the Americas folder? I could not find the SEGA folder, so instead reverted to using Steam's M2TW Americas folder- where I happen to keep my original SS 6.4.

- Secondly, though this may not be necessarily associated with SSHIP; whenever I try to install the new 6.4 patch and uncheck the Permanent Watchtowers box, the setup crashes.

All in all...

I've made an utter mess of everything and have gotten completely lost. Pls halp. Where do I put the new SS 6.3 + 6.4 patch - do I need to tinker about with the original? Agh! What can I do?!

Awfully sorry if I'm taking up your time with this post!

To clarify:

I just appear to be having trouble with the SS6.4 installation. I managed to do it before... Do I just slap the SS6.3 folder into the SteamApps/common/Medieval II: Total War/mods? And then drop the torrented 6.4 into there- and do the 6.4 setup? I'm doing that, but for some reason I get a load of messages whenever I try to set it up which goes as: "the file battle.txt does not exist...", and it spams me with quite a few of those messages ( except replacing battle.txt with another .txt) usually I manage to fix this by pasting my working SS6.4 data files into this new data file. But then there's the chance of the entire setup crashing once I uncheck the Permanent Watchtowers box. AND if I do finally manage to get through all of that- the game will open up onto the crusader 6.4 loading screen, go black, and then just disappear- bringing me back onto the desktop with not a trace! Leaving behind nothing but a broken man, wallowing in his own bitter tears...

Civis

By the way for the hungarian units and things this is the best mod:
    http://mandarchiv.hu/cikk/4525/Updat...satajatekokhoz
    It was maded by professional for historical accurate
    Patch at here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ngarian-topic)

The Magyar Mod does have some pretty nice units, but unfortunately they're very unwilling to let other mods use them, unless they do everything exactly the way they want.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    The Magyar Mod does have some pretty nice units, but unfortunately they're very unwilling to let other mods use them, unless they do everything exactly the way they want.
    that is sad....

Quote Originally Posted by Crinklybog View Post
    To clarify:

I just appear to be having trouble with the SS6.4 installation. I managed to do it before... Do I just slap the SS6.3 folder into the SteamApps/common/Medieval II: Total War/mods? And then drop the torrented 6.4 into there- and do the 6.4 setup?
    You need to install SS6.3 into Medieval II: Total War/mods, after which you do not put ss6.4 there, but put it anywhere in a separate folder and launch the setup.

Do not put the SS6.4 files into the SS6.3 folder, you have the setup launch to do that instead.

SerbianWOLF's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    To be honest, I'm more interested about information regarding the Balkans and more specifically Serbia. It's very difficult for me to find some precise pics of their units for instance. It seems that there's quite a lot of "confusion" between Serbia and some other factions in that area and about the periods as well.
    I think I already posted how Serbian units should look like. If you need anything about Serbia, always feel free to ask me via PM or here. And I can tell there is a good amount of things needed to be reworked to perfection Map is ok if you don't want to create Belgrade than that part should be given to Hungary. Also Skadar should be Serbian controlled(if I remember correctly it is rebel) from start.
    No freedom was ever given by any request, nor good speech. Freedom is what you conquer !

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

That's correct and I thank you again for that. But anything about their society, military organisation, economy, etc, would also be good
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Default installing SSHIP?

Hi, I am new to these forums, I was wondering how to install SSHIP submod, I am a bit confused about the SS Setup part, if anyone could please help me with this? Thanks.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: installing SSHIP?

Firstly welcome to SS Forum, please refer to 'Installation Instructions' in this thread;

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...f-January-2016

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)