Page 305 of 305 FirstFirst ... 205255280295296297298299300301302303304305
Results 6,081 to 6,096 of 6096

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I'm experiencing frequent CTDs on the March version when fighting the Poles as Lithuania. In particular sallying out from Twangste and IIRC on some occasion also from Hrodna has resulted in a CTD.

I don't remember any CTDs against Novgorod (or Rus) in this version, be it sallying out, myself besieging or fighting them in a field battle, so for me it seems to narrow the problem towards some Polish or mercenary unit and/or particular battle scenery (mostly Twangste). I haven't paid attention to whether certain troops on the side of Poland have been part of the problematic battles each time - on my side probably yes, but the same unit types I've used against Novgorod and Rus without a problem.

I have applied the LAA and also use kostic's updated EDU. Here's a save, in which you can test to sally out from Twangste. I just tried it two times in a row, and had a CTD on both occasions before even getting to properly engage in battle. Perhaps 30-40 turns ago I had the same problem when sallying out from Twangste as well. After many tries I ended up bringing reinforcements next to the settlement and ending my turn, which made the Poles back off.

No need to progress the save to the next turn, I just posted the save in case you might find a bug. I'll make a different decision to progress, if the CTDs persist when sallying out.

Here's full.log and here's game.log, if the CTD isn't repeatable from the save.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattus View Post
    I can't see some description bodies of events
    Hi Mattus! Could you upload the screenshot to another site, like imgbb.com? The board is very slow and I just get a small thumbnail when I click on your picture.

Quote Originally Posted by vovery View Post
    I'm experiencing frequent CTDs on the March version when fighting the Poles as Lithuania. In particular sallying out from Twangste and IIRC on some occasion also from Hrodna has resulted in a CTD.
    Third time's the charm - tried the sally out battle today and no CTD this time. I'll let you know, if the problem persists later on in the campaign.

Just after starting a new ERE early era campaign(using the 03/27/2024 SSHIP release), I found a potential issue:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240409053007_1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	577.1 KB 
ID:	369964

Scrolling to the 'faction: byzantium' section in the descr_names and changing "Mikhail" to "Mikhael" to match that priest's name in the descr_strat worked.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240409053726_1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	574.8 KB 
ID:	369965
    Last edited by Silver Legionary; April 09, 2024 at 04:49 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Legionary View Post
    Just after starting a new ERE early era campaign(using the 03/27/2024 SSHIP release), I found a potential issue:
    Scrolling to the 'faction: byzantium' section in the descr_names and changing "Mikhail" to "Mikhael" to match that priest's name in the descr_strat worked.
    thanks, will be fixed in the next version

Quote Originally Posted by vovery View Post
    I don't remember any CTDs against Novgorod (or Rus) in this version, be it sallying out, myself besieging or fighting them in a field battle, so for me it seems to narrow the problem towards some Polish or mercenary unit and/or particular battle scenery (mostly Twangste). I haven't paid attention to whether certain troops on the side of Poland have been part of the problematic battles each time - on my side probably yes, but the same unit types I've used against Novgorod and Rus without a problem.
    I have applied the LAA and also use kostic's updated EDU. Here's a save, in which you can test to sally out from Twangste. I just tried it two times in a row, and had a CTD on both occasions before even getting to properly engage in battle. Perhaps 30-40 turns ago I had the same problem when sallying out from Twangste as well. After many tries I ended up bringing reinforcements next to the settlement and ending my turn, which made the Poles back off.
    No need to progress the save to the next turn, I just posted the save in case you might find a bug. I'll make a different decision to progress, if the CTDs persist when sallying out.
    this is probably for @kostic as it's related to the units on the battlefield

little bug found in my HRE campaign with the March 2024 version, in Mariemburg fortress when you put 2 generals inside they obtain the same PT, one as Duke of... and other as Emir of...both of them are german generals ( one is the heir Conrad)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

little bug found in my HRE campaign with the March 2024 version, in Mariemburg fortress when you put 2 generals inside they obtain the same PT, one as Duke of... and other as Emir of...both of them are german generals ( one is the heir Conrad)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Hey all, love the mod but ever since switching to the new version I am playing as Hungary and it was working fine for first hundred turns, but as I reach 1220 past, I start getting crashes on the end turn particularly around Byzantium. It's all "pure function virtual call" errors. Reloading an earlier save works, and this has happened multiple times. Unfortuantely one of my saves corrupted and the last save is from like 50 years ago so I really don't want to have to lose all that progress.

I've killed Byzantium on this turn via cheats and ended turn, but this causes the same error to happen on Rebels turn instead now.

If someone could please help, I've spent so much time on this save and have detailed lore and love my current campaign...

https://file.io/9dvkLzT0G5qW

Quote Originally Posted by pjb233 View Post
    Hey all, love the mod but ever since switching to the new version I am playing as Hungary and it was working fine for first hundred turns, but as I reach 1220 past, I start getting crashes on the end turn particularly around Byzantium. It's all "pure function virtual call" errors. Reloading an earlier save works, and this has happened multiple times. Unfortuantely one of my saves corrupted and the last save is from like 50 years ago so I really don't want to have to lose all that progress.
    I've killed Byzantium on this turn via cheats and ended turn, but this causes the same error to happen on Rebels turn instead now.
    If someone could please help, I've spent so much time on this save and have detailed lore and love my current campaign...
    https://file.io/9dvkLzT0G5qW
    I've checked this and also experience the same typa of crash

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Originally Posted by vovery
    by Jurand of Cracow :this is probably for @kostic as it's related to the units on the battlefield
    @vovery: I was able to do the Twangste exit and the whole battle without CTD. Maybe try my method of deleting battle AI files (see attached image). I noticed it avoided most CTD in battle.

@Jurand: When you talk about AI in campaign_script, are you talking about battle AI?

For me the Twangste sally out battle worked eventually on the third time, I didn't yet try your method at that time. But I'll give it a shot, if I run into the same CTDs again.

If someone is familiar with the files shown in kostic's picture, would of course be interesting to know if they are referenced to in other mod files, ie. if they actually affect the battle AI or not

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    @Jurand: When you talk about AI in campaign_script, are you talking about battle AI?

No, I'm talking about campaign_script.txt from the \Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP_098\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\
    you can see here in the "Table of contents" - part G5 BAI STUFF

Libertus

For some reason I cant recruit mounted ghulams from the stables as the fatimids on the march version

Quote Originally Posted by DaGrenadier View Post
    For some reason I cant recruit mounted ghulams from the stables as the fatimids on the march version
    unfortunatelly, I haven't reviewed this part of the EDB yet (Muslim stables)

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Another little bug found... The Generals Welf, Hardbug and Houstentafen dont have the trait of "Germanic Princely blood", only have this trait the King Lothar Suplingburg...

Shouldn't these noble houses also have it? since if the king dies you will not be able to have this attribute of German blood in the game...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I have come across these questions by a user in the total War discord:
    Quote Originally Posted by username on discord
    Who plays SSHIP 98? Before to start i have on the CAI Switcher 3 options and i don't understand what are they doing? There is no description.
    if u played sship what does the campaign AI switcher does? I see 3 options but use only abbreviations and i don't understand
    Any link\reference I can give him?