Page 9 of 360 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    spain, portugal got a small overhaul, moors a major one. fatimids are overhauled aswell, with upgrades to the saladin-era and to the mamluk era. Right now, Ichon is working on rum- and turkish units. With several new units for the abbasids aswell, you will basically get a major overhaul of the muslim factions in general (including historically correct characters for some factions).
    Uhhh interesting Saladin-Era .

crosscheck86's Avatar Civis

Some units from Sandy's Western Unit Overhaul 2.3 (infantry) are still missing right? The model for the venetian heavy infantry for example. Are you going to implement them in your next version?

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    Castille/portugal/aragon are all very hard to play in the currently released version of sship. I adjusted this for the next version, so I can only suggest to wait for it to be released. Iberia gets a small overhaul in units, the almoravids get a huge one. So it really is worth the wait.
    im sorry if asking stupid question.. but does that mean new version is avalaible soon ?im also thinking of starting new campaing, so dont know should i do that.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crosscheck86 View Post
    Some units from Sandy's Western Unit Overhaul 2.3 (infantry) are still missing right? The model for the venetian heavy infantry for example. Are you going to implement them in your next version?
    They're supposed to be all included. However, Sandy released a v2.3 after MWY included them in SSHIP. I don't know if he updated SSHIP with the v2.3 of Sandy's units.
    The other point is that the animations still need to be improved/corrected. That's because DLV uses Banzaï animations and we use the original ones from SS6.4. I have to work on them but I don't have much free time these days and so, almost no time for modding.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

crosscheck86's Avatar Civis

Is there any chance I can fix this by myself? I think it's just this unit.

Senator

Noticed a very weird thing - the Crusader States have tucked two one ship navies into the Venetian Lagoon, just behind where the city is on the stratmap... they're just chilling there. One has been there a while, I only noticed it when I saw the other moving to join it. The CS is down to just Acre, incidentally.

They are my allies, but there doesn't seem to be a reason for this behaviour! Very curious stuff.

Edit - The Mongols Invade cinematic seems to generate a CTD.

And can anyone explain what the deal is when the AI diplomats/princesses repeatedly perform their animation by a settlement/settlements, but nothing happens? Are they trying to bribe? It's been a thing I've always wondered.

Edit 2 - And now I'm getting a repeating CTD when trying to load a battle outside Thessalonica. Things have run flawlessly so far, now this... any ideas?
    Last edited by Larkin; August 21, 2014 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    Noticed a very weird thing - the Crusader States have tucked two one ship navies into the Venetian Lagoon, just behind where the city is on the stratmap... they're just chilling there. One has been there a while, I only noticed it when I saw the other moving to join it. The CS is down to just Acre, incidentally.

They are my allies, but there doesn't seem to be a reason for this behaviour! Very curious stuff.

Edit - The Mongols Invade cinematic seems to generate a CTD.

And can anyone explain what the deal is when the AI diplomats/princesses repeatedly perform their animation by a settlement/settlements, but nothing happens? Are they trying to bribe? It's been a thing I've always wondered.

Edit 2 - And now I'm getting a repeating CTD when trying to load a battle outside Thessalonica. Things have run flawlessly so far, now this... any ideas?
    The CS does the same thing with put their ships on the side of Venice.

About the princess and diplomats animations and nothing happens, yes they are trying to bribe.

Blog Entries

@ Larkin, I confirm that when the diplomats and/or princesses are beside a settlement, seem to start diplomacy and nothing happens is the result of bribing. This is not due to SSHIP.

Regarding your CTD's, please post in the relevant thread with your log. Overwise, there's nothing we can do.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    @ Larkin, I confirm that when the diplomats and/or princesses are beside a settlement, seem to start diplomacy and nothing happens is the result of bribing. This is not due to SSHIP.

Regarding your CTD's, please post in the relevant thread with your log. Overwise, there's nothing we can do.
    I thought that was the case, just wanted to check. I know it's nothing to do with SSHIP, been happening since vanilla

The CTD seems to have gone, interestingly upon reloading and ending turn again, Sicily attacked me. The same battle with ERE happened, but it didn't CTD on loading.

The rebellious armies thing (armies deserting) is really starting to bug me though. I can't send captains as they desert, as do generals with less than 4 loyalty. Makes waging war very tough, as I am running low on spare generals - glancing at my family tree, there are no sons waiting to come through... which is a little worrying...

Blog Entries

No problem, Mate. This was just a small reminder to all to avoid any more posts which are not relevant here. No hard feeling

Blog Entries

To all, Melooo182 has released a new texture for the Temperate Fertile tiles. It can be found here. Installation instruction and previews included. Many thanks to him and don't hesitate to rep him if you like his work

Is there any chance u can implement Belgrade as settlement in the next update,i think there's just room for one settlement more betwen Ras and Varad?

Blog Entries

No there isn't. We have already reached the maximum amount of settlements.

I'm a little ashamed to say I had a brief romance with EB2 but rest assured I'm back and resuming my love affair with SSHIP. Quite frankly I have to say SSHIP is still by far and away the best M2TW mod out there! Thanks team.

Agent limits. Is there a file I can dabble with to limit the number of agents that each faction can deploy? I find the map is over run by too many priests, merchants, spies, heretics, inquisitors, diplomats etc etc in the late game.

Default 0.8.3

When can we expect next version? Weeks? Months?

Moreover, can you specify key features of it? Would love to know what's coming

Blog Entries

Default Re: 0.8.3

Please refrain to create thread for such question and use the "General Discussion" thread instead. To answer to your question, it will come when it's ready.

quite a weak
    EB2 release and more importantly to SSHIP Dots pre-alpha public, the last one could provide you with ideas, information, or even a migration to Dots instead of SS (tought i doubt you would abandon SS as it has'nt bugs and Dots should have plenty)
    anyway it can be useful, hope it is

Senator

I really want to know what it is that makes my armies turncoat, I cannot send an army with a captain anywhere without it going rebel. I even attached a cardinal to it in the hope that would help, but nope, as soon as I sent an army to attack Prague (which I had been given a mission to) it went turncoat. In the middle of my own lands. Very annoying.

Anyway, a couple things:

-Typo in the gunpowder movie event description (there should be their)
    -Typo in the description for Vlach archers (should be Carpathian mountains)
    -The Mongols have been around for some time... and have done nothing. Just roamed around in the desert. All the territory there had long revolted from the Seljuks. The Mongols have spawned about 10 great shamans (which are still tagged as great imams) but their armies just walk around doing nothing. One laid siege to Urgench for a while, but then abandoned it.
    -I think the Zengids gave Mecca to the Fatimids. Which is awesome.
    -Poor nations keep getting dragged into war by cities revolting and turning to a different faction.
    -My reputation is genuinely going down for no reason. I signed an alliance with Hungary and it went down. I was given a gift by Scotland and it went down. I traded maps with Poland and Lithuania and it went down. A little bit silly...
    -I love that even 200+ turns in with 30+ settlements I am still struggling for cash. Makes it so much more of a welcome challenge. Even with Venice pulling in 10k, I struggle to keep the treasury above 30k. The Mongols' ludicrous wealth makes the financial rating graph hilarious, though
    -Random fleets popping up in lakes. One in Norway (a Norweigan one, at least), one in Hungary (a French one, no less) and a rebel one by Jerusalem.
    -HRE had a crusade called on Polish occupied Prussia, which is a cruel diplomatic move, and one I really enjoyed.
    -I really really really want a way to designate the faction heir. Mine recently died, and it got given to a guy who I'm keeping in a fort because he is on the other side in the ongoing civil war and refuses to obey the King... I mean, really, he wouldn't be designated the heir, would he?

About the scandinavian overhaul beta, will it be implemented for SSHIP in the upcoming releases?