Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

No, it shouldn't be a problem to implement it.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Hey. I reinstalled the game due to that ambient sounds problem, now it works fine however i cant seem to find the option to turn 2 turns pe year (2tpy) on. I went into descr_strat inside the imperial campaign folder and is set to 1.00. Should i change it to 0.50 as i saw in earlier posts or it will mess the game up? I dont want problems with armor events and other things, thanks

Blog Entries

I think that you have messed up with the installation. 2TPY is not optional. It's included.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

NVM it was my mistake. The game works as intended. Question: why are the Axed Mailed Knights not recruitable? I mean u only get 1-2 units at beggining and then that's it, they cant be retrained or recruited , only Sworded Mailed Knights can be recruited

Also, is it intended for some units to take so many turns to become avalabile again? For example, Spearmen takes 6-7 turns to refill their avalability , but the hospitaller knights take 50 turns to train again? Same with crossbowmen, 30 turns to become avalabile after recruiting 1st unit? Is this ok?

EDIT: Nvm again , looks like i had the Population Resources Limited submod which increases the turn times for recruiting and avalability :<
    Last edited by Nemesis2345; March 27, 2018 at 06:52 AM.

When you have 3 generals in army, only main one get traits from battles right? EB2 using fix for this, so that all of them can get traits. I suggest using it too in sship, as it is great addition.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    When you have 3 generals in army, only main one get traits from battles right? EB2 using fix for this, so that all of them can get traits. I suggest using it too in sship, as it is great addition.
    Can you describe how did they do it or provide a link with description?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Cant say for sure, but they did it. Its best to ask them, i saw it somewhere in EB2 threads half year ago.

Will this mode add infantry generals? Seeing the same generic Generals Bodyguard everywhere is lame. The Viking nations could have some cool Viking infantry as their general for instance.

Blog Entries

Should be partially (if not entirely) implemented in the next version. I've started already

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Cant say for sure, but they did it. Its best to ask them, i saw it somewhere in EB2 threads half year ago.
    From this entryI conclude that they didn't do it: "only the leading FM gets all of the battle-related trait outcomes"

How are cavalry going to be rebalanced in this mod? For SS I took the time to strongly nerf every cav unit in the game (especially heavy). For instance a base Gen Bodyguard has the attack stats 5, 14 and in my version 2, 7. That seems like a huge change but they are STILL strong and I'm quite happy with the balance. The point I'm trying to get to is: a slight change is not enough. Especially in early era cavalry is incredible OP for default SS. It took a long time to balance it out and I'm not doing that again

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordFollower View Post
    How are cavalry going to be rebalanced in this mod? For SS I took the time to strongly nerf every cav unit in the game (especially heavy). For instance a base Gen Bodyguard has the attack stats 5, 14 and in my version 2, 7. That seems like a huge change but they are STILL strong and I'm quite happy with the balance. The point I'm trying to get to is: a slight change is not enough. Especially in early era cavalry is incredible OP for default SS. It took a long time to balance it out and I'm not doing that again
    hehehe there's a far easier way to nerf cavalry, change the "melee-hit-rate>3.0" in battle_config, the lower that value the less powerful cav charge is, side effect is that all units die at a slower rate but melee combat in SS is already fast anyway so

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    hehehe there's a far easier way to nerf cavalry, change the "melee-hit-rate>3.0" in battle_config, the lower that value the less powerful cav charge is, side effect is that all units die at a slower rate but melee combat in SS is already fast anyway so
    If Melee hit rate makes cavalry kill less, doesn't it also make them harder to kill? And they are still too strong

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordFollower View Post
    If Melee hit rate makes cavalry kill less, doesn't it also make them harder to kill? And they are still too strong
    yes but cavalry wont plow through your units, a spearman unit will be able to withstand the charge, then it's up to your missile and shock infantry to actually deal with them

look, change it, try different values and see for yourself, if you dont like it then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Default Knowing history is counter-productive

I know a bit of history and it's starting to prevent me from having fun in this game. I mean it feels so wrong when i'm relocating the Hungarians in England and the Serbs in Egypt.

Blog Entries

^^ Just don't do it then

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Do you know how dissapointed i was when i found this mod ? Yes, DISSAPOINTED. You know why ? Because i wasted so many years playing buggy average mods when i could have played this beauty.
    This mod is like a golden cherry on a cake, it has everything. Respawning factions ? OMG YES PLEASE ! I finally, finally after so long found the perfect 0 bugs 100% polished medieval era mod for medieval 2. I also have one for the roman times, now i can finally play a single campaign for real life years.

It's just perfect for role playing, you can't rush it anyways because you need to baby sit your regions until they evolve and turn a profit. I learned that the hard way, i made an army, smashed 3 factions, enlarged my empire 3-4 times, and 5-6 turns later i found myself losing 40.000 monies a turn, had to start a new game, it was impossible to come back from 1.000.000 DEBT. I play like in real life, i fight wars in the open, i ask for peace a lot, i rarely conquer provinces, only when i want to annex them into my empire, i usually exterminate them and abandom them or sell them to another faction as revenge for starting wars against me.

But when i plan to completly annex a faction i usually go on a expedition and conquer lands away from my empire and gift them in exchange so they can relocate after i take all their provinces. This is how the Hungarians ended up fighting the Scots in England and the Serbs fighting camels in Egypt.

This mod is so much fun, if a faction get's evaporated by another empire i can go into one of their former regions and aggitate the population with priests, spies and assasins to help them revolt and regain their independence, then i can ally them and assist them into taking back their land and form a buffer state between me and the other empire. It's so awesome. If that fails i just send in my own army, kill the garrison then abandon the province and wait for it to rebel

Great job +

Of course, awesome mod for medieval 2 and soon it is coming the new version of sship, sure that better in all aspects...
    Many hours of game will come when the new version comes out
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Blog Entries

@ dlcatalin, thanks for your kind words
    But there is still quite some work to be done on the mod. It's far from perfection

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

@Lifthrasil The only problem i have is i don't receive wife offers very often, so i have like 80% of my family being 60 year old virgins. The only thing i got are offers to addopt all sort of random retards into my family. And i can't do that ... i'm a fan of incest, i won't stop until i breed Quasimodo to rule the mighty Byzanines