Page 224 of 227 FirstFirst ... 124 174 199 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,480 of 4527

Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

5. Could be a mistake. I need to check that.

6. Their recruitment is based on your reputation. If it is not good, you can't recruit them.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

Can you give me an example of your game town garrison?
    All life is problem solving ~ Karl Popper

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

There are many factors to take into consideration such as the faction, the settlement size and type and how far it is from the "battle front", not to mention the unrest and the treasury. I don't have a standard garrison actually.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

On border-cities you will sometimes need actual decent units, otherwise i would recommend to go with peasant infantry, as it usually has the best unit/cost-ratio and is therefore ideal for garrisons.

I hope that peasant unit will be removed and also dont have the trait of garrison for keep the control in settlements...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Is there a minimod which adds religious order units for recruitment based on % of catholicism present?
    Somehow this makes a lot of sense to me

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Not as far as I know

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Cultist View Post
    Is there a minimod which adds religious order units for recruitment based on % of catholicism present?
    Somehow this makes a lot of sense to me
    Not for the SSHIP. In the base SS you've got BGR which does, afair.
    However, given that the religious orders recruited not necessarily from the local nobility but also (and in some regions mainly) from the "immigrants" from outside (think of the Teutonic Knights - they'd come from the various countries in the HRE and elsewhere (not least Poland)) , making recruitment based on %% catholicism present doesn't make sense for me, ie: the SSHIP approach is the right one.

On the garrisons: yes, the peasants are the most cost-effective garrison unit, but I've argued before that it doesn't make sense, and I've got a house rule to never keep them as garriosn. I usually have one better unit and a few spear militias and archers - just to make the mood of the burghers good (I mean: I always try to keep green face).

I disabled the peasants, i'm used to that feature since europa barbarorum
    I asked about the composition of the best garrison units to find out how an ideal defense team would look like hehe.
    So far to be honest i haven't needed it since i always found an extra general with some units to attack and free my other besieged generals.
    I hypothesized that i would only need a few spears and archers but then again archers are somehow hard to come by. It's true that i focused on cavalry and religious order units in my castles

I disabled the peasants, i'm used to that feature since europa barbarorum
    I asked about the composition of the best garrison units to find out how an ideal defense team would look like hehe.
    So far to be honest i haven't needed it since i always found an extra general with some units to attack and free my other besieged generals.
    I hypothesized that i would only need a few spears and archers but then again archers are somehow hard to come by. It's true that i focused on cavalry and religious order units in my castles

Sorry for the silly question, but how did you disable peasants?

I would like to try and disable them in my SSHIP.

Hi Pyres, with the help of the SSHIP Tweak minimod by TM
    http://tmsship.wikidot.com/

I have questions again

Squalor, present in the big cities that i capture from the npc, creating revolts frequently.
    Is destroying every buidling that provides % to population growth a solution? Like Big ports assassin buildings etc?
    Destroying the farms maybe? Although on the topic of farms i don't know how they work exactly since they don't seem to hold any % to pop growth per se in description.
    I really don't want them to rebel and massacre them again.. We are talking of fellow human beings after all
    So to sum this up, what is your solution to big squalor (i don't mind the small ones)?

Hi Pyres, with the help of the SSHIP Tweak minimod by TM
    http://tmsship.wikidot.com/

I have questions again

Squalor, present in the big cities that i capture from the npc, creating revolts frequently.
    Is destroying every buidling that provides % to population growth a solution? Like Big ports assassin buildings etc?
    Destroying the farms maybe? Although on the topic of farms i don't know how they work exactly since they don't seem to hold any % to pop growth per se in description.
    I really don't want them to rebel and massacre them again.. We are talking of fellow human beings after all
    So to sum this up, what is your solution to big squalor (i don't mind the small ones)?
    Making huge cities from other factions hard to control is intended.
    But of course there is a few ways to avoid them rebelling:

1. Convert them as fast as possible, those few percent-points from religious unrest can be the difference.
    2. You will need a huge garrison, basically full-stack high-manpower troops
    3. Very Dreaded Generals could function as govenors, however its often hard to have them in place if you need them and in every problematic city.
    4. Barrack-Buildings help out a lot! But in general you will need to try and hold the city until you can develop all the bonus-buildings towards public order.
    5. Guild-HQs are very nice. I think its Assassins-Guild that gives you a faction-wide boost.
    6. Always try to keep a high-level spy in those cities, otherwise you will get into trouble once the AI smuggles in a spy and you'll have increased Unrest, which will most likely cause a rebellion.

I might have forgotten some things.

Quote Originally Posted by cRuNkEd31337 View Post
    5. Guild-HQs are very nice. I think its Assassins-Guild that gives you a faction-wide boost.
    Thief and Assassin, the HQ gives 5% law, while for Master level, every 2 will give you 5% law.

big cities that i capture from the npc, creating revolts frequently.
    .. farms i don't know how they work exactly since they don't seem to hold any % to pop growth per se in description.
    Farms give 1, 2, 3, 8, 12 (more on pop growth see here)

On the huge cities - well, Alavaria coped somehow and conquered the whole know world so it's possible.

Everybody has it's own goals and pleasures in the game, and for me it's the shepherding good generals. To keep your empire together you need to have a few of them and then you need to decide whom to send where. I recall being forced to send a very good general from my capital where he was producing 1,5k coins to a city on the outskirts to keep order there - just because he was the only one who could keep the city with yellow face. Well, the game should be about making choices, and I enjoyed it.
    My minimods are partly about this: creating possibilities for the player to make great generals.

Defense garrison depends on the likelihood of an attack.

It's a bad example, but the most memorable defense I've ever fought took place when my recruitment city of Wroclaw was attacked by surprise by the Papal States.
    http://

Wow Jurand, i bet those archers saved the city
    Thank you all for the replies.
    Looks like i will be demolishing farms if they went too far, in big cities and i have some other ideas as well haha
    Also i love to groom generals Jurand, great idea.
    Is your mod related to generals work with TM mods?
    BTW did anyone managed to get the Hospitaler HQ? Does it give any special troop beside the regular ones?

An older version of my submods are included in the TM mods (but there're mistakes that I've corrected later - esp. the Coward thing, you may read how to fix it yourself in one of the last entries to my submod - and the part of the civil war mechanism has also been corrected).
    I think some of the TM options won't work if you overwrite my files (there're very few of them) but it depends on the options chosen. In the second or third entry of the TM mod thread you may learn my opinion on most the options.

Grooming the generals - just read this guide.

I'm not sure if demolishing farms is possible. I hope not - it doesn't feel much historical (while constantly rebelling cities do - ask Frederick Barbarossa).

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I'm not sure if demolishing farms is possible. I hope not - it doesn't feel much historical (while constantly rebelling cities do - ask Frederick Barbarossa).
    It is.

You might not have a use for them in specifically those Huge cities too, since they're already at max level. On the OTHER hand though, if you might have a future use for them, you can have your assassins just "sabotage" the farm (like any other building) so much so that it's disabled.

Ditto for things like dockworks, their -law% "bonus" is also turned off if you damage them enough. Then you can just repair if you want it later on.

Wow that is a great trick, thanks Alavaria.
    Do ports lose their % to population growth as well when sabotaged?

Yes, all the effects are "bonuses" to the game, to the docks (+population growth, -law) will have those turned off, and similarly for gallows (+law, - population growth). Sabotage the latter can cause problems for the AI, though it will repair.

But you can constantly sabotage expensive stuff like top-tier churches/markets so the AI burns cash repairing them, it seems to prioritize that somewhat.

Long time no update. Are any of the small changes or minimods that were supposed to happen instead of the major update comming up?