Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Some news about the upcoming new release and the work done? maybe some changelog or something than can give us some information about it...
    And also about nikkosaiz work and his wonderful byzantine unit roster, it would be great if it could add in the next release...
    I hope that new release continue and we can enjoy it soon..
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Hey people I have one question. I'm playing with the Cumans, and in the custom battle mode there are tartar Lancers and dismounted tartar lancers in the roster, but I'm unable to recruit them in the campaign. I'm playing early era, and I don't have them. Is there a way to add them in game?

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Back with more nerfing suggestions. The Moors should be the 2nd after the Papal States. Gods they are so powerful, they bring lots of cavalry and christian guard and they basically swarm the iberic by turn 100 (in most of my games, the moors destroyed Leon,Aragon,Portugal) and started invading France, with little resistance. Maybe make the game start with Leon and Aragon as allies (idk if this is historical) so they end up fighting the moors instead of each other, and the moors destroying them. Also, as much as i like the bow string animation, it is hugely annoying when the textures break

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

^^ Are you referring to the peasant archers issue? If yes, I'm doing my best to get it solved for the next release. Meanwhile, there's a work-around solution described here.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; May 14, 2018 at 06:47 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Thanks, Lift.Seems alright now. Another small problem i forgot to mention is that my characters get the opposite nicknames based on their chivalry and dread ( Every Chivalric general of mine gets ,,The Wrathful'' or ,,The Cruel'' instead of the good ones ,,Just'', ,,Chivalrous'' etc.) I also installed Jurands Cracow latest minimod on traits (it was posted around here a couple days ago)

Quote Originally Posted by azmhyr View Post
    Hey people I have one question. I'm playing with the Cumans, and in the custom battle mode there are tartar Lancers and dismounted tartar lancers in the roster, but I'm unable to recruit them in the campaign. I'm playing early era, and I don't have them. Is there a way to add them in game?
    Most of the units wont appear right away. Early Era especially there were no professional armies yet , usually new units will appear after Armour Events. The Tartars may appear after the Heavy Mail event (around 1230 i think) if not it means that u can only recruit them in certain cities (based on their historical region) or u can get them as mercs. In custom battles there are alot of units the faction does not field in their rooster because it counts as mercenaries and to diverisfy the armies.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    ^^ Are you referring to the peasant archers issue? If yes, I'm doing my best to get it solved for the next release. Meanwhile, there's a work-around solution described here.
    The same operation can be done with the Archer_militia of the English and the Scots ... This unit has the same problem as the peasant archers.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Another small problem i forgot to mention is that my characters get the opposite nicknames based on their chivalry and dread ( Every Chivalric general of mine gets ,,The Wrathful'' or ,,The Cruel'' instead of the good ones ,,Just'', ,,Chivalrous'' etc.) I also installed Jurands Cracow latest minimod on traits (it was posted around here a couple days ago)
    This is very strange. In the relevant file (edct) there's a link to the name in another file (ev). It's very unlikely that something has been messed up with the links in such a way that they'd direct to the very opposite nicknames - if something's wrong than a random text should appear. I've checked the file and for instance, for the Wrathful the link is ok.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    The same operation can be done with the Archer_militia of the English and the Scots ... This unit has the same problem as the peasant archers.
    After several tests, the operation does not seem to guarantee the disappearance of the bug ... neither with the archers_militia, nor with the peasant_archers. Maybe he appears rarely? Not sure...

Test performed with English against French swordsmen.

I wanted to suggest this for a long time now. Any plans on doing actual mongolian voices for timurids and golden horde (instead of the saracen ones). The EBII team managed to introduce new voices to units , maybe it can be done the same with them.

Blog Entries

At a later stage
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Ok, so it seems i get a guarrenteed CTD wheneve the city Burgos (in iberic) gets conquered. Everytime i conquer it, after i choose the 3 actions (occupy, sack, ext) it crashes. I tried surrender_regions and it crashed too. I tried on other cities, seems to work alright, only this city is problematic. I must say that i conquered it before with no problem, but the Moors took it back, now i wanted to retake it, and it seems it crashes everytime i do.

Could it be because the Moorish Faction Leader is inside and he dies or he is moved away? EDIT: Yes , it is. I assasinated him inside the city and it CTD immediately. Seems to be tied to that place...suggestions?
    Last edited by Nemesis2345; May 17, 2018 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Ok, so it seems i get a guarrenteed CTD wheneve the city Burgos (in iberic) gets conquered. Everytime i conquer it, after i choose the 3 actions (occupy, sack, ext) it crashes. I tried surrender_regions and it crashed too. I tried on other cities, seems to work alright, only this city is problematic. I must say that i conquered it before with no problem, but the Moors took it back, now i wanted to retake it, and it seems it crashes everytime i do.

Could it be because the Moorish Faction Leader is inside and he dies or he is moved away? EDIT: Yes , it is. I assasinated him inside the city and it CTD immediately. Seems to be tied to that place...suggestions?
    might be of help to post what's in your system log file

Blog Entries

^^ yes, and post it in the Bugs Reports & Technical Help thread please. I recommend you to tread the 1st post of that thread to post a detailed log
    Meanwhile, can you give me his name (just to check)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    ^^ yes, and post it in the Bugs Reports & Technical Help thread please. I recommend you to tread the 1st post of that thread to post a detailed log
    Meanwhile, can you give me his name (just to check)?

Done. I managed to kill the guy now without CTD, and now the town can be conquered as normal. Very strange...maybe there were some conflicts during those specific turns or idk.

So yeah, as probably a lot of you know I have been playing SSHIP now for quite a few years now. After playing over and over again with England, HRE, Spain, Sicily, Poland, Norway, Byzantium, Egypt, Aragon, France, Georgia and Serbia among others (I did try with the Zengids and Abassids, but I was defeated pretty quickly tbh due to poor management and well I got bankrupt).

I have come to a point of feeling "a little bored" it's normal.

So what factions other than those I have mentioned have you guys played or really recomend for me to play as, I'm looking for a fun campaign with a new faction I barely play.
    Last edited by Pyres Δt Varanasi; June 03, 2018 at 05:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Try Cumans

Personally i liked Abbasids a lot, as they have a really nice roster ( besides fari archers beeing hard to get). Rum is nice too, but as byzanzium will always offer you to be their vassal, i found it too easy.
    Cumans seems too spread out for me, as i prefer to turtle at the start.

Hardest Faction i played so far was Portugal. If you are looking for a real challange try them. Of course only the start is hard, but thats the case for every nation.
    Venice is real fun as well.

@Pyres Δt Varanasi
    agree with Lift, cumans are actually pretty fun to play, kievan armies are large but they cant counter horse archers very well, it's a lot of fun to destroy them

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by cRuNkEd31337 View Post
    ... Rum is nice too, but as byzanzium will always offer you to be their vassal, i found it too easy.
    You mean the ERE offers to be the vassal of the Rum? I don't have any experience in this, can you tell a bit more?

Quote Originally Posted by cRuNkEd31337 View Post
    Hardest Faction i played so far was Portugal. If you are looking for a real challange try them. Of course only the start is hard, but thats the case for every nation.
    Yeah, your right that the challenge gets lower as you play. I'm trying to counter it in the modding by introduction more buffs for the AI as the game progresses. For instance, there're triggers that fire after 100, and they're doubled in 300 turns:

Code:
    ;----------------------------------------
    Trigger Priest_Starter_AI_LevelVeryHard
     WhenToTest AgentCreated

Condition AgentType = priest
           and not FactionIsLocal
           and not CharacterReligion pagan
           and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel > 3
           and I_TurnNumber > 100

Affects NaturalPriestSkill 1 Chance 20 
     Affects GoodDenouncer 1 Chance 20
     Affects Dogmatic 1 Chance 20