Page 52 of 360 FirstFirst ... 22742434445464748495051525354555657585960616277102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 7195

Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Dyrrachion should probably be a castle, I remember reading that the city had the strongest fortifications in the western Balkans and is referred as a citadel during the Norman wars. And I think it would be more accurate if Trapezus was a rebel city because it was ruled autonomously since 1126, until Ioannes brought it back under direct Imperial control in 1140.
    yes, i agree with you jurcek, and also adrianopolis should be other city...current,it is a castle for the gameplay,i think.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

In one of my games either one of my bishop has decided to convert to being a heretic,or one has spawned with MAX PIETY. Anyways my best assassins have 20% chance to remove him. My priests have a slightly higher chance,around 30%,but I'm reluctant to try them,as with such a low chance,they could become a heretic as well,but I need to get rid of him,as he's creating unrest in my captured Turk city,just by being there. Any suggestions on the best way to go about it?

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Michael11 View Post
    In one of my games either one of my bishop has decided to convert to being a heretic,or one has spawned with MAX PIETY. Anyways my best assassins have 20% chance to remove him. My priests have a slightly higher chance,around 30%,but I'm reluctant to try them,as with such a low chance,they could become a heretic as well,but I need to get rid of him,as he's creating unrest in my captured Turk city,just by being there. Any suggestions on the best way to go about it?
    You can always cheat. Kill_character doesn't always work in modded M2 though.

But you can position assassins/priests next to him, save the game, try to kill/convert him, and keep reloading when you fail until you succeed. It's pretty gamey, but heretics are a stupid mechanic in M2 anyway.

Yes jurcek1987 - you are undoubtedly right . But we must still take into account the balance. You never know what it was. If everything has been done , it will be possible imbalances.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    You can always cheat. Kill_character doesn't always work in modded M2 though.

But you can position assassins/priests next to him, save the game, try to kill/convert him, and keep reloading when you fail until you succeed. It's pretty gamey, but heretics are a stupid mechanic in M2 anyway.
    Thanks I'll try that. I was hoping there'd be a less gamey way to remove them.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Michael11 View Post
    Thanks I'll try that. I was hoping there'd be a less gamey way to remove them.
    Use cardinals or a patriarch, who cannot become heretics themselves. They are not immune to witches though.

I've been reading a book called Development of the Komnenian army and it made me realise how incredibly expensive the large campaigns of John II and Manuel I were and then I remembered playing a mod several years ago, whose name escapes me, where you had to pay huge additional costs for moving armies in enemy territories, even more for besieging settlements and you were quickly in the red if you tried expanding too rapidly. I would like to see a similar script in SSHIP (I know there's already some costs for besieging settlements but it's 300 florins or something similarly inconsequential). I think it would really add to the gameplay by forcing the player to carefully plan his moves and prevent him from expanding wildly in all directions (though you already done an excellent job preventing early blitzing with high unrest levels and strong rebel garrisons). It would also be realistic because there weren't many empires who could sustain and coordinate multiple large scale invasions at the same time.

Another thing (I can't check if it's already implemented because I formatted my pc), there should be substantial unrest in Sis because it was very difficult for the Komnenians to maintain control of Cilicia without the presence of the imperial army
    Last edited by jurcek1987; June 22, 2015 at 04:58 AM.

I've just started my first game as Norman-England, and the first sound that greets me is "Ja, mein Kaisar?"

Are the english supposed to share command-voices with Holy Roman Empire, is it a bug, or is it just temporary?

Hello. You just need to download SoundFIx. In the next version this will not happen.Click Me

How the hell fix rioting in Jeruzalem ???? Hi guys I have real problem - I conquer Jeruzalem in crusade ( before was fatimids ), Jeruzalem Kingdom is dead, I have there general with full piety and chivarly, 5 or 6 priest, I occupy city, in 5 or 6 round all is fine ( happy settlements ) but ... then riorting always and create really strong rebel army, if I defeat them and doing anything ( occupy, sack, exterminate ) all is fine to next 10 round, koz I play for HRE one goal of my victory is conquer Jeruzalem, so how I can do that ???? Is that possible ?

Such settlements as Jerusalem , Cairo and other large cities where your faith is the opposite . They must be exterminate .

You need a general with full dread instead, chivalrous generals will cause the city to grow and become more difficult to hold.. Demolish the market as it causes population growth and reduces law. Move your capital closer to it. As time goes on, you'll unlock more buildings which increase public order and make the cities easier to hold.

Quote Originally Posted by BuTAJIuK View Post
    Hello. You just need to download SoundFIx. In the next version this will not happen.Click Me
    Do'h

Thanks BuTAJIuK! Much appreciated

Strange mod... I (as Romans) allied with Serbia, marrying their princess. They betrayed me few turns later. I made peace - and alliance with them only to be betrayed again few turns later. When Sicilians invaded Dyrrachium I almost defended the city with small garrison. Until enemy general charged. I counterattacked with archers (took down half of enemies in seconds) and my general (other units were busy elsewhere). My bodyguards managed to kill everyone of them except their general. And then this Sicilian general single-handedly killed 15 (! - all of them!) of my bodyguards, one by one. Only archers managed to finish him off. But when my general died, all my units routed and I lost.
    Last edited by Aquila SPQR; June 27, 2015 at 09:56 AM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I mentionned the same kind of thing here.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Can i get any tips on dealing with usurpers? Even if i suicide the usurper my generals still have horrible loyalty and movement points.

2 observations I gathered from my latest campaign:

- The effects of devastation are currently negligible, they should be much more severe and war torn regions should take years to fully recover.

- The recruitment pools are far too high, especially for tier 3 units and higher and this especially gives an unfair advantage to ERE which can train its professional units from the beginning. Not even the much higher costs in SSHIP present much of an obstacle, ERE isn't exactly a poor faction. But I would be willing to bet that even at the height of the Komnenian restoration under Manuel, the army wasn't entirely composed of Scoutatoi, Acritae and Mourtatoi. More likely that the majority would be Contaratoi/Akontistae/Toxotae.

As it stands, a drill square gives you 2 units of Scoutatoi with a replenishment rate of 0.5 turns, a barracks 3 units, 0.67 turns. I changed the values in export_descr_buildings to 1 unit every 10 turns from a drill square and 2 units every 10 turns from a barracks.
    I also changed other units to similar values and that way I really struggled to produce enough professional units for my needs and replace my losses, so I had to use a lot of militias which made for a lot more funner campaign, because most other factions are hopelessly outclassed against ERE.

Mourtatoi are even more readily available, they are elite archers but you can already recruit them from a practice range, 2 units every 6 turns, archery range gives you 3 units every 4 turns and 4 units every 3 turns from a marksman's range. I only made them available from archery ranges, 1 unit every 10 turns and 2 every 10 from a marksman's range.

Blog Entries

I'm curious to see how it works in the campaign actually. With such recruitment rates, does it not affect too much the gameplay? I mean that most of the factions use only militia units at the beginning of the game and it takes a while before we can see other (interesting) troops. That's why I'd like to add more variety from the start because it's a bit boring to have battle including only militia against militia.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Maybe it could only be limited to the player? As the ERE I could still produce a few high quality armies, just obviously not on the same massive scale as before. It didn't make the game boring at all, actually it was easily my most enjoyable ERE campaign so far. Other factions produce mostly militia armies so it became a more level playing field.

Blog Entries

That's interesting. I guess that something we need to think about.