Page 223 of 223 FirstFirst ... 123 173 198 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223
Results 4,441 to 4,458 of 4458

Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

^^ No, not yet.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

I'm back to good old TW game. it was like 1year since i played this game with sship mod. Now I comeback but sadly update for this mod isn't up yet .
    Don't want to be irritating but can I ask? Is this mod close to a new patch or no ? I could test BETA version if it's ready. Just want to see something new

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    That one is for JoC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    He was all three, and even more.
    It should even be: Künec
    On the authentic names see a submod here.

Perhaps at one point in future we'd get into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyres Δt Varanasi View Post
    It was part of his title as Holy Roman Emperor, since that included King of the Germans, King of Italy (thereby King of the Romans). Of course many of those were just titular, since the Emperor's power proyection on Italy was always really complicated (his authority was always challenged over time by the Italian City-States, the Italian Kingdoms, the Papacy and other foreign powers).
    Ok, but why did the mod choose König instead of Kaiser, and King of the Romans instead of Holy Roman Emperor.

Is it random or is it by choice?
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

@ shadowtwinz, can't give a release date yet. We're working on it. You can see that I'm currently fixing some of the reportee issues here (in the spoiler at the bottom of the OP). I've also improved the CUF mod originally done by Gigantus to show special characters in text (see pics below):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Menu screens:

Pop up screen:

Settlement screens:

@ Der Böse Wolf, I think it was done by choice but it might not be the correct one. JoC is working on this point anyway. So it might be changed in the future.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    Ok, but why did the mod choose König instead of Kaiser, and King of the Romans instead of Holy Roman Emperor.
    Is it random or is it by choice?
    I also think it was done by choice by somebody in the past. There're choices to be made given the engine moddability. I believe (but never researched it) you cannot change your FL title during the game. So the Polish FL will stay Grand Duke, even if he was a King historically from 1320. The problem emerges when you introduce some game mechanics, like the Crowns. Actually, after the FL is crowned you should change his in-game title. But I don't think it's possible (as said, I might be wrong, I haven't seen how it's in, eg, HIMA).
    So you can have either "King of the Romans" (I think it's translation from Latin), König and Kaiser (both contemporary German) or "Künec". We have to choose and some player may oppose to, eg, Künec. I'm actually not busy with this issue, I'm fine with in-game "King of the Romans" (even if I'd prefer it in Latin). What I'm doing is to fix the Crowns (an existing, but botched up feature of the SSHIP). As a name is needed there, I have to introduce it. I'm not sure which way is to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I also think it was done by choice by somebody in the past. There're choices to be made given the engine moddability. I believe (but never researched it) you cannot change your FL title during the game. So the Polish FL will stay Grand Duke, even if he was a King historically from 1320. The problem emerges when you introduce some game mechanics, like the Crowns. Actually, after the FL is crowned you should change his in-game title. But I don't think it's possible (as said, I might be wrong, I haven't seen how it's in, eg, HIMA).
    So you can have either "King of the Romans" (I think it's translation from Latin), König and Kaiser (both contemporary German) or "Künec". We have to choose and some player may oppose to, eg, Künec. I'm actually not busy with this issue, I'm fine with in-game "King of the Romans" (even if I'd prefer it in Latin). What I'm doing is to fix the Crowns (an existing, but botched up feature of the SSHIP). As a name is needed there, I have to introduce it. I'm not sure which way is to go.
    It's not possible to change the FL titles while in-game, unless using the Kalmar Union Event Script, like TATW does with the FPOE (Free Peoples of Eriador) to change it to the Kingdom of Arnor. I'm not 100% sure if that is how they do it, but I read something like that a while ago in their forums.

As for the HRE titles King of the Germans or Holy Roman Emperor (Teutonicorum Rex) should be for the faction Leader, and the heir should be King of the Romans (Romanorum Rex), I am not sure if it was common usage during the period, since the HRE emperors tended to use a lot of tittles at the same time at different periods. But at least since Henry IV coronation almost every emperor was King of the Romans before ascending to the title of Holy Roman Emperor and King of Germany (or of the Germans).

Maybe something like this:

Faction Leader: King of the Germans (of Germany)
    Faction Heir: King of the Romans
    Crown title (description): Holy Roman Emperor

I prefer that the crown bears the name and description of the emperor to give that impresion that the Faction Leader was "elected" to that position.
    Last edited by Pyres Δt Varanasi; June 20, 2018 at 12:56 AM. Reason: More ideas

Eiii sship team how are you? Some progress or news about new release? I wish play it before that summer finish...hehe good job for your effort and time
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Eiii sship team how are you? Some progress or news about new release? I wish play it before that summer finish...hehe good job for your effort and time
    The game in its current state is perfectly playable.
    If you use Tmodelsk submod, it's actually amazing.

Try a campaign and maybe you can help the team if you discover wrong details.

Current Hotseat:

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    The game in its current state is perfectly playable.
    If you use Tmodelsk submod, it's actually amazing.

Try a campaign and maybe you can help the team if you discover wrong details.
    Yees i know, but i prefer hope and play a new campaign with the new release, i think that most of bugs of 0.9.2 version is annoted
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

A thought/query for future releases- is there any thought to adding new religions? Or would doing so be such a pain that it's not really worthwhile?

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Probably not for the next release but yes, I've been thinking about that. The 1st change would be the differenciation between Shia and Sunni Muslims. I can't remember how many of the the game can get but I think that it's something like 9 or 10. Currently, we have only 4 religions (Catholic, Orthodox, Muslim and Pagan). If the differenciation for Muslims is implemented, that still leaves about 4 or 5 free slots.

Btw, there's also a free slot to add another culture

Probably not for the next release but yes, I've been thinking about that. The 1st change would be the differenciation between Shia and Sunni Muslims. I can't remember how many of the the game can get but I think that it's something like 9 or 10. Currently, we have only 4 religions (Catholic, Orthodox, Muslim and Pagan). If the differenciation for Muslims is implemented, that still leaves about 4 or 5 free slots.

Btw, there's also a free slot to add another culture
    Mmm interesant...i agree about shia and sunni muslims, same case as catholics and orthodox, maybe you could add also jewish religion and i dont know if is very difficult to implement but it would be great if it was possible in the next release
    And about another free slot for add new culture is a good new, but what culture? Maybe nomads for cumans and mongols? Maybe rus culture for different with the rest of eastern factions(hungarians,polands...)

Also other question, is possible represent the invasion and change of government of almohads? When they defeated almoravids and in Spain begin again other muslim invasion( and thank to God for stop them in Navas de Tolosa), maybe some type of script or mechanism similar to transition in Egypt, ayyubids-mamluks so
    almoravids-almohads with unrest in moors cities and rebel armys of almohads but this also have to be good for the player because this was a change of goverment and new reinforcements against christians in Iberia
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I'm quite "reserved" about implementing the jewish religion in game because no realm during that period used that religion as an official one, unless it allows some nice additions gameplay wise

Regarding the culture, Poland and Hungary have the Northern European culture while the Russian factions have the Eastern European one. The difference is already there. If you really want a specific culture for these countries (Poland and Hungary), a Central European culture might do

Regarding the Almoravids, yes, that should be possible. Need to look for more info about that.

Another suggestion would be adding building that is available after 1300-1400 AD, that would make easier creating bigger kingdoms (Increasing law).

I had posted a message here yesterday with screenshots about an Aragon and French campaigns, but the post has disappeared: Why?

Current Hotseat:

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Not disapeared, just moved in the right thread (see here)
    You haven't let me to advise you

Not disapeared, just moved in the right thread (see here)
    You haven't let me to advise you
    Oh ok, no worries.

I posted it here since I had already posted infos from my Aragon campaign here before.

But I will follow it up in the other thread then. I hope to contribute a little to this project by signalling abnormalities and stuff.

Current Hotseat:

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

For issues, I prefer to gather things in one location to not forget or miss any