Page 13 of 360 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863113 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Question to the heads of the project. You are going to include in its new Assembly 0.8.3 bugfix compilation v1.26 from Melooo182? After it fixes my pure stainless steel is faster to calculate the moves , than it was before.

P.S
    Thx Melooo182 for bugfix compilation v1.26

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Not sure it is compatible
    But if it is, it shouldn't be a problem.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

@Gercog: New units, better graphics, almost completely new AI, some gameplay stuff, bugfixes, etc.

Here's a quick preview of a sicily campaign of mine, turn 269:

Im progressing really slow. I had controlled some byzantine areas, but lost them when they struck back as i wasnt as powerful as I am now. I think I finally wrote an AI which is capable of defending properly. When I checked, they really split up their troops to leave no border uncontrolled.
    I then started to conquer italy, which took me about 100 turns I guess. So around turn 200 I started war with france, of which I just gained arles but cant really move further for now.

Vassallages work for up to 3 settlements now. F.E. england was a vassal of france for a long time, they just now started war again (since they noticed im beating up france).
    There's a new event cancelling all diplomatic relationships for small factions when a new leader get on the throne, since vassallages up to this point were a dead end where they couldnt invade anything anymore. This makes things much more dynamic.
    Also naval invasions work better. F.E. When the HRE controlled burgundy, they actually captured mallorca. The island then went back and forth between aragon, hre and the almoravids.

There's a global reputation system now. It's basically there to prevent rushes. So if you capture a settlement (or do anything else agressive/bad), you'll get a negative reputation. Obviously the harder you punish the settlement, the worse your reputation gets. With time, your reputation normalises to a certain level. If your reputation gets low enough, basically everyone will attack you. If it gets high, there's less chance for you te be attacked. So the game motivates you to play slow more than to blitz everything around you as fast as possible.

looks very great campaignai i love it,the only little bit thing about the campaign ai was the ai crusading,like crusader armies did not attack and conquer their crusade targets, they just stood their looking at the crusade city\castle target and did nothing.
    looking out for the next update keep up the good work.

edit;and when i was playing with your great campaign ai i was under siege and too mine suprice mine ally attacked the besieging army,i never saw this before.

i was playing with poland,besieged by hre and besieging army( hre )was attacked by mine ally hungary.
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; November 04, 2014 at 10:45 AM.

Blog Entries

Good job MWY!!!
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    @Gercog: New units, better graphics, almost completely new AI, some gameplay stuff, bugfixes, etc.

Here's a quick preview of a sicily campaign of mine, turn 269:

Im progressing really slow. I had controlled some byzantine areas, but lost them when they struck back as i wasnt as powerful as I am now. I think I finally wrote an AI which is capable of defending properly. When I checked, they really split up their troops to leave no border uncontrolled.
    I then started to conquer italy, which took me about 100 turns I guess. So around turn 200 I started war with france, of which I just gained arles but cant really move further for now.

Vassallages work for up to 3 settlements now. F.E. england was a vassal of france for a long time, they just now started war again (since they noticed im beating up france).
    There's a new event cancelling all diplomatic relationships for small factions when a new leader get on the throne, since vassallages up to this point were a dead end where they couldnt invade anything anymore. This makes things much more dynamic.
    Also naval invasions work better. F.E. When the HRE controlled burgundy, they actually captured mallorca. The island then went back and forth between aragon, hre and the almoravids.

There's a global reputation system now. It's basically there to prevent rushes. So if you capture a settlement (or do anything else agressive/bad), you'll get a negative reputation. Obviously the harder you punish the settlement, the worse your reputation gets. With time, your reputation normalises to a certain level. If your reputation gets low enough, basically everyone will attack you. If it gets high, there's less chance for you te be attacked. So the game motivates you to play slow more than to blitz everything around you as fast as possible.
    Great news! very necessary corrections, we look forward to this new version!)
    Really like that in the mod has the possibility of reviving factions, there any planned improvements in this aspect? Because it is very sad when someone fraction dies ahead of time.

Blog Entries

To all, I'm glad to announce that the next SSHIP patch, v0.8.3 will be released next week (if everything goes right).

MWY has completed his part and I just have to adjust a few things before it's ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    To all, I'm glad to announce that the next SSHIP patch, v0.8.3 will be released next week (if everything goes right).

MWY has completed his part and I just have to adjust a few things before it's ready.
    Great news guys and good work!!!
    Probably need to start a new company?

Blog Entries

With the new release, yes

Thanks for the detailed answers.
    and also, have you seen this beauti minimod for Western Unit Overhaul v3.0? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...roject-(-WIP-)
    in my opinion a very beautiful minomod for those units that are used in the game

Great to hear 0.8.3 out soon. Hanging out for it.

Question to the heads of the project.
    In version 0.8.2 could not be run setup.exe. And in version 0.8.3 You make , so you can run it ,as it did in titanium alpha?

And another question. The moves will be faster miscalculate? If not , then use the bugfix compilation from Melooo182. Waiting for the answer to the previous question.

Blog Entries

@ Gercog, I've seen that but I think that we have to get permission from nikossaiz to use his work for SSHIP.

@ BuTAJluK, to not delay more than it is necesary, I'll probably release v0.8.3 as a .zip file. Then you'll just need to extract it in a temporary folder and to merge it with the data folder located in your SS6.3 folder. I'm not an expert to make a setup.exe and my 1st attempt (v0.8.0) was not perfect.

Regarding the bugfix compilation, that's a part of the last few things I have to check before the release. I have to be sure that it is compatible with SSHIP.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; November 07, 2014 at 02:39 AM.

Lifthrasir could Not you would insert it into a new version of the sub-mod weaker heretic by lazy. With him heretics become slightly weaker , which improves the game to any hardcore player.

Blog Entries

Anybody else who finds the heretics over-powered?

Anybody else who finds the heretics over-powered?
    Yes heretics are quite strong, but I do not see this as a problem

This sub-mod makes them weak by only 5 to 10 % , and besides, it does not load the game at all

Blog Entries

I understand your point of view, BuTAJluK. But it is always interesting to get the feeling of our Folks. No worry, we'll find a way to please a maximum of people (you included )

Celebration !!!! .
    Any new changes for Egypt?
    Btw at what time do the Mongols arrive 1220 - 1250 ?