Page 16 of 360 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166116 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Guys, that's with a heavy heart that I have to announce that the v0.8.3 will be delayed. The reason is that my old laptop is dying
    Each time I switch it on, after a very short while, it restarts and says that it can't find any system (basically no Windows). I just hope to be able to save my work on v0.8.3. The worst is that I'm not able to purchase a new laptop in a short while.

So, I think I'll make an alternative release, including MWY's stuff without the units models fix and Kahvipannu models. That's the best I can do for now.

I'm very sorry about that.
    that's a very bad news

but whenever the new version is released, i will wait

Whilst waiting for the latest version of SSHIP I have realised Titanium alpha is out. It's pretty damn good. !

Hi Team. Just wondering if CSUR units and Sandy's Western Unit Overhaul will be incorporated in the new version. Both look awesome.

Sandy's units are already in the game. Whats CSUR?

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    Sandy's units are already in the game. Whats CSUR?
    Complete Sicilian Unit Roster:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...an-Unit-Roster

The maker of the mod is super strict in regards to permission so I wouldn't even bother asking.

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    Complete Sicilian Unit Roster:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...an-Unit-Roster

The maker of the mod is super strict in regards to permission so I wouldn't even bother asking.
    There is nothing wrong or ill-trying at asking .

how is work guys? Were you able to recover the information on the hard drive?

It seems like it might take a bit longer. I already got one version ready on my pc though. The only thing it doesn't contain are the crusader units I think. So you will get the new version no matter what!

By the way, here's a small preview of my current sicilian campaign. AI feels pretty good, and the changes of regions are almost realistic I'd say (besides england getting wiped). The new AI mostly acts reasonable, but there is sometimes weird stuff going on. F.E. the HRE decided to kill off the pope when they got excommunicated. Since they were allied with me, they just took some armies and went directly for rome. Not a good idea, since a cuple of years after they took it a crusade to rome was called. That was when they lost most of their power. For a human, it's not directly reasonable to do things like that, by I really think it's cool that the AI does so much unexpected stuff. Like f.e. the russians invading first poland, then later on denmark, basically ending their empire together with norway. Or the balearic isles changing owners so freaking much. They were moorish first, then germans invaded it, then aragon, then the french, moors again, french, aragon, etc.
    AI rebellions happen a bit too often, so I toned them down a bit more.

I'm by far the biggest power now, but I still can't really invade anybody I want. The only real ally I have are the HRE. I tried bribing the serbs into an alliance, but they keep backstabbing me. Constant war with them aswell as france, sometimes hungary. Even the almoravids landed in Sicily once and invaded Palermo. I went through 1 civil war so far, which was really though, since I lost pisa to a rebellion. But it doesn't seem to happen that much to me that it would need fixing..

Looking good .

What about releasing it now as 0.8.3 and later a 0.8.4 once the Crusader States are fully integrated and any other balancing required is done ? I, for one, am more anticipating this more eagerly then Atilla TW.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by sgz View Post
    What about releasing it now as 0.8.3 and later a 0.8.4 once the Crusader States are fully integrated and any other balancing required is done ? I, for one, am more anticipating this more eagerly then Atilla TW.
    I don't think anyone is looking particularly forward to Rome 2: Barbarian Invasion 2

Interesting campaign, I think the AI rebellions are the clearest issue as they prevent a lot of factions from really establishing a concrete hold - Scotland wiped England after William Wallace emerged, but they can't hold on to London. It'd be cool if England had more incentive to try and reclaim their lands if they are reduced to nothing but Brittany. And you can see Aragon keeps coming oh so close to completing their domination of Iberia, only for Portugal/Castille to keep re-emerging. I notice the Moors were kicked out completely - the same thing has happened to me every time in my campaigns, perhaps they need a bit of a buff... although the Iberian factions aren't really that aggressive to them, there's no concerted Reconquista for sure. On the same note, I've never seen the Moors try to reclaim their holdings in Iberia after losing them. They seem content to just chill in North Africa, whereas historically they were very aggressive and invaded a lot of the Mediterranean.

And how the Mongols annihilated the Great Seljuks, only for them to rise again - I mean, that's not really historical, the factions the Mongols annihilated didn't re-emerge, did they?

On that note, it'd be cool for Mongol armies to go North as well (it's random chance for where they spawn, right?) since historically they did also go through Russia and the Ukraine. Kiev was sacked in 1242 or 45 I believe.

Poor Georgia they were doing surprisingly well until the Horde arrived... and now they're the only faction not to have been resurrected

Hopefully the reduction in distance to capital penalties will allow factions to hold onto their Crusaded territories as well, I see Hungary is fond of Crusades... it'd be cool for there to be a script of "give territory to Crusader States" since they won't suffer as much unrest. Incidentally, did the CS really capture the Sahara???

It's cool to see things working differently campaign to campaign. Novgorod barely manages anything for me, neither does Denmark - though I see Denmark came so close to defeating Norway, only for Norway to be given a nice big rebellion army and crush Denmark, it seems aside from an interesting territory situation in Eastern Europe it looks superbly balanced.

i think historical the most factions that mongols conquered where re-merge again after some time,becausce the mongols let them,they did not kill their enemies religions like other factions would do and did not left manny troops,thought i am not sure,for sure i like the re-emerging factions a lot,brings some good game playing.

Hmm. Will be interesting to see how the re-emergent faction script plays out. Generally I'm not a fan. Feels like all your hard work to wipe out an enemy is undone by a chance recurrence.

Christianus's Avatar Miles

Will the Historical Improvement Project be compatible with the Stainless Steel Hotseat mode on steam? Realy hope to be able to play both as HRE, Byzantines, and the Crusader States
    Last edited by Christianus; November 30, 2014 at 08:16 AM.
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

@Chrisianus: The Stainless Steel Hotseat mode on team? No clue what that is.

You can play it in hotseat, the only problem you'll be facing is that certain dynamic events (like traders, troubadours) won't happen.

@Reemerging factions: Reemerging factions are in general a good thing I think, the only problem is that they shouldn't reemerge immediately. I already adjusted them quite a bit so there is the possibility of factions being dead for a long time.

@Larkin: Moors can't really be buffed, otherwise they wipe the christian factions in 25 turns. :/ Yes, jerusalem took the sahara. They didn't really take it, it's basically a reemerging factions script bug which happens from time to time (can't be eliminated).

Christianus's Avatar Miles

Thank you for your answer MWY. I meant to write "steam", but It ended up as "team"
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

Any news about the release of a new version?

I'm doing some last testings. If everything goes well, I'll upload it this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    I'm doing some last testings. If everything goes well, I'll upload it this evening.
    Finally! can't wait it
    there will be all the changes described before, except units for the Crusaders? or there are other changes?

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Gercog View Post
    Finally! can't wait it
    there will be all the changes described before, except units for the Crusaders? or there are other changes?
    I imagine there'll be a changelog