Page 14 of 360 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964114 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Unfortunately, no major changes for Egypt in this release. But it doesn't mean that we have forgotten. This is just a matter of time.

Regarding Mongols, it should be around 1220 AD if I remember it correctly.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Sure there are changes to egypt. You start as fatimids with mostly mercenary units. By playing in a certain way, you can unlock the ayyubid era and eventually even mamluks later in the game. So your army will shift from bad quality troops in large numbers to high quality troops in lower numbers. We have many new units from broken crescent implemented for egypt for this release.

List of Changes (from what I can remember):

New AI:
    - new defending behaviour, AI should be able to distribute it's forces pretty well even on multiple borders
    - new invading behaviour, Invasions should happen with large forces. Naval invasions should also be used pretty well.
    - Alliances are pretty rare now.
    - Diplomacy will be resetted from time to time for small factions to simulate a change of political power due to unsuccessfull rulers and to stop the game from getting stable.

New Global Reputation System:
    - Your global reputation will consistently rise over time.
    - Taking settlements will give the greatest hit to the global reputation, attacking armies, initiating wars, breaking alliances, spying, sabotaging, etc. will lower your reputation aswell.
    - Once your reputation drops below a certain level, you will really feel the hate of the other factions towards you.
    - High reputation reduces the risk of being attacked by another faction, also enables stuff like order recruitment.

New almoravid roster:
    - New regional berber units, new professional units, more diversity for the roster in general. Thanks broken crescent for most of the units!

New egypt roster:
    - As stated above.

New units for spain, portugal and the abbassids:
    - New mailed knights throwing spears for the iberian factions, abna units for abbassids.

Other stuff:
    - New strat map lightning.
    - some new resource models.
    - some new settlements.
    - Updated unit costs and recruitment times.

Senator

Sounds awesome!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    Sure there are changes to egypt. You start as fatimids with mostly mercenary units. By playing in a certain way, you can unlock the ayyubid era and eventually even mamluks later in the game. So your army will shift from bad quality troops in large numbers to high quality troops in lower numbers. We have many new units from broken crescent implemented for egypt for this release.

List of Changes (from what I can remember):

New AI:
    - new defending behaviour, AI should be able to distribute it's forces pretty well even on multiple borders
    - new invading behaviour, Invasions should happen with large forces. Naval invasions should also be used pretty well.
    - Alliances are pretty rare now.
    - Diplomacy will be resetted from time to time for small factions to simulate a change of political power due to unsuccessfull rulers and to stop the game from getting stable.

New Global Reputation System:
    - Your global reputation will consistently rise over time.
    - Taking settlements will give the greatest hit to the global reputation, attacking armies, initiating wars, breaking alliances, spying, sabotaging, etc. will lower your reputation aswell.
    - Once your reputation drops below a certain level, you will really feel the hate of the other factions towards you.
    - High reputation reduces the risk of being attacked by another faction, also enables stuff like order recruitment.

New almoravid roster:
    - New regional berber units, new professional units, more diversity for the roster in general. Thanks broken crescent for most of the units!

New egypt roster:
    - As stated above.

New units for spain, portugal and the abbassids:
    - New mailed knights throwing spears for the iberian factions, abna units for abbassids.

Other stuff:
    - New strat map lightning.
    - some new resource models.
    - some new settlements.
    - Updated unit costs and recruitment times.

Awesome ! Ayyubid era will you explain or eloborate more on how to unlock those units for Egypt?

But will it cause that after the abolition of unions, large fractions will eat small factions?
    And yet you mentioned units of the broken crescent, will whether the units for the Crusaders in this mod? there they are very beautiful

good news, i think i will start play as Fatimid soon

Thanks for the feedback guys!

@Ariel: The triggers are currently quite simple, I admit.

You can unluck the ayyubids by:

1. Capturing damascus (So getting closer to the cultural heritage of the ghulams/mamluks, simulating an increased influence of their culture)

2. Building a lot of local guard buildings in your cities, again increasing the influence of ghulams/mamluks in society/culture)

3. After a certain number of turns.

All those events the player can accept or decline. So there's always a choice of keeping the first type of troops and playing as fatimids. Although that probably isnt that much fun over time.
    By the way, feel free to add new ideas for the triggers. I'm always open to suggestions.

@Gercog: Mh perhaps. But mostly, it gives small factions a chance to break free. Because what usually happens is that a small factions gets vassalized. When they are, it's hardcoded that they can not invade anyone anymore. So those stayed basically dead factions for A LOT of turns. Like this, they will lose alliances, but also break free of the vassalage status. So overall, the chances of a faction being successfull are raised with this script.

Some BC units for crusaders are implemented, but we will mostly use Kahvi's units for them I think. Since (no offense to BC) they are even more awesome in my opinion.

All those events the player can accept or decline. So there's always a choice of keeping the first type of troops and playing as fatimids. Although that probably isnt that much fun over time.
    By the way, feel free to add new ideas for the triggers. I'm always open to suggestions.

@Gercog: Mh perhaps. But mostly, it gives small factions a chance to break free. Because what usually happens is that a small factions gets vassalized. When they are, it's hardcoded that they can not invade anyone anymore. So those stayed basically dead factions for A LOT of turns. Like this, they will lose alliances, but also break free of the vassalage status. So overall, the chances of a faction being successfull are raised with this script.

Some BC units for crusaders are implemented, but we will mostly use Kahvi's units for them I think. Since (no offense to BC) they are even more awesome in my opinion.
    What do you think about the system of dynasties, as in Bellum Crucis? If this could be a realize in this mod, it would be 1000% the best mod in the world!))
    Can you give a link to "Kahvi's units"? never heard about it before.

Could you explain that a bit further? Never played Bellum Crucis.

Kahvi's units are these ones:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Units-overhaul

Could you explain that a bit further? Never played Bellum Crucis.

Kahvi's units are these ones:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Units-overhaul
    I will try to explain as far how I allow my english)
    There using ancillaries given dynasty, which automatically goes from father to son, in the male line. thus it is possible to build a historical dynasty (provided if a son is born) is a very interesting thing that gives to mod spirit of history
    For example:
    This is Robert, as you can see he of the Capetian dynasty.

And this is Simon son of Robert, when he reaches the age of maturity he also gets ancillaries Capetian dynasty

And he is Simon a member of the Capetian dynasty

And there are several dynasties in each of fraction - Plantagenets, d'Anjou, Hohenstaufen and many others... each with its own coat of arms and bonuses.
    but instead of 1000 words you better to find and download this mod. I think there you will find a lot of useful information. you probably better than I understand these triggers, ansilaris, scripts, and other

Senator

Wow that's actually a really cool feature, I'd love to see something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I understand your point of view, BuTAJluK. But it is always interesting to get the feeling of our Folks. No worry, we'll find a way to please a maximum of people (you included )
    I'd be in favour of weakening heretics. While you're at it I'd like to see unit caps on merchants and diplomats too. Personally I find a lot of time is wasted during turns with merchant takeovers and foreign diplomats spamming my cities ie motioning to offer a deal but nothing happens. I end up having to send out assassins to kill them off !

Lifthrasir you see another one wants to be weakened. Just want to focus more on the merchants and the conquest

If I remember correctly, I already weakened heretics for the next release quite a bit. In my current game, they are not really a problem.

How do you wanna cap diplomats sgz? Almost every settlement needs to be able to recruit one, otherwise small factions might not be able to use diplomacy...

If I remember correctly, I already weakened heretics for the next release quite a bit. In my current game, they are not really a problem.

How do you wanna cap diplomats sgz? Almost every settlement needs to be able to recruit one, otherwise small factions might not be able to use diplomacy...
    I'm not sure if it's possible but if so I'd propose 1 for each 5 provinces owned with 3 being the maximum allowed. So if you own 6 provinces you get can get 2 diplomats, 15 =3. I'd do the same for merchants.

On another point - notification of foreign leader dying is quite intrusive and they seem to have quite short life expectancies! Could you cut out the notification script ?

Love SSHIP. Excited about the new version. Have totally erased all M2TW mods and files and done a fresh install of SS6.4 in readiness.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

@Ariel: The triggers are currently quite simple, I admit.

You can unluck the ayyubids by:

1. Capturing damascus (So getting closer to the cultural heritage of the ghulams/mamluks, simulating an increased influence of their culture)

2. Building a lot of local guard buildings in your cities, again increasing the influence of ghulams/mamluks in society/culture)

3. After a certain number of turns.

I was also thinking another requirement would be that the player needs to have a good relation with the Abbasid Caliphate given the fact that Saladin restored Egypt back in allegiance or suzerainty to the Abbasid Caliphate in Baghdad in 1171.

Just a historian suggestion .
    Last edited by Pyres Δt Varanasi; November 09, 2014 at 09:39 AM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Actually, this is not the case. It is more relating to Zengids and even to the Seljuks than to the Abbasids.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Personally I do not see any problems with diplomats...
    so what do you think about dynasties? I think so mod will more justified its name "Historical Improvement Project"

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Actually, this is not the case. It is more relating to Zengids and even to the Seljuks than to the Abbasids.
    But I mean as in Caliphate (Religious way) not in political aspect just like how the Ottoman Caliphate had the respect at least in a religious form by other states of the Middle East because they recognize the House of Osman as the Caliph's. Of course Saladin was of Kurdish family with close relations with the Zengids (that were related to the Seljuks), he himself took power after his master Nûr-ad-Din died in 1174 (he had already been in power in Egypt since 1171) and establish himself as ruler of Damascus after defeating the Zengids in 1176 and removing As-Salih Ismail al-Malik of power that year.

I have my Bachelor's in History and I'm making my Master's as we speak sorry if I was not clear in how expressed what I said.
    Last edited by Pyres Δt Varanasi; November 09, 2014 at 08:44 PM.

Sorry for asking a leading question?
    You said that they will release this week 0.8.3 . Might not exactly.