Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion, Feedback, Suggestions & FAQ

Default Re: [Discussion] Suggestions / Questions

Wow this mod will be awesome! I just wanted to ask how much if any material will be used from the LoTR games, like War in the North or the recent Shadows of Mordor. You could make a lot of units for Mordor from Shadows, like Orc Caragor Riders. And War in the North suggests some factions to fill in the ruins of Arnor area, like Fornost and the Ettenmoors.

These games are not lote accurate, and we will not use any of their assets either. We create everything from scratch.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Nothing would be taken from WB's games or any other games related to the lotr. We will take from films as much as possible and if we have lack of material we will take it from our heads or user arts.

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

Can we expect the great third age total war warhorns to make an appearance? Is there a way to make multiple for each faction also? Would Olog hai be able to hack at wooden, or however balancing decides, gates? Are there certain limitations to units compared to Medieval total war or is it a little easier? Is there a way to add custom formations or will the be implemented through attilas formations (can we expect testudo for isenguard) Will custom siege units be implemented? I ask this because in TATW hardly any siege engines were changed and I and many others would have loved to have seen Isenguard Ballistae, Gondor trebuchets from the films (though only slightly different) SO VERY Sorry for so many questions, I love hearing just ideas and am curious on how this engine will be modded in comparison. Keep up the Astounding work you brilliantly hardworking people!

Wintercross's Avatar Libertus

With the alteration to hacking down gates instead of torches... you could potentially make infantry do barely any damage to gates (or even 0 if possible) but then make powerful units like trolls able to do a bit of damage =D

Also, would you give Gondor Testudo formations? It seems like it could work for Gondor infantry, with their heavy armor and large shields.

I would please you not to compare TATW or Medieval 2 with Attila. Just watch Youtube and you will get half of questions answered.
    So far no unit limitations I heard of. Olog Hai can easily break wooden walls in future.

Hello all!! SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS MOD BECAUSE LORD OF THE RINGS WAS MY CHILDHOOD PLUS TOTAL WAR IS MY FAVORITE GAME!! -
    1)Anyway, just out of interest will this mod or a similar lotr mod be coming to Rome 2 of is it purely intended for the TW game Attila?
    2)Is there a reason why we haven't seen a mod for Rome 2? Is it a case of nobody making one or did CA prevent people from implementing such mods in Rome 2?
    Thanks for taking time to read this, Dan

1. This mod will be Attila-only. As far as I know there is no lotr mods for Rome 2 current in development. Both lotr mods moved from Rome2 to Attila.
    2. We are more limited in modding Rome2 than in modding Attila. If team leader allows I can release my unit for Rome2 as a bonus 'coz we started as Rome2's mod.
    Thanks for not asking release date haha

Thanks Mr.J and that's alright I know these things take a while but I think most people would agree a Mod like this is worth waiting for! Its fine if there is no Rome 2 mod I only ask because my laptop isn't brilliant and as far as im aware there is no way I can get a better graphics card in it. So basically Rome 2 runs smoother on low end Pcs than Attila does - but anyway seriously good luck and a massive thankyou! From the images ive seen in seems to be coming on well!

Dan

You taking my part, I play on damn minimum settings Attila, and let's say not smooth as wanted to (around 10 FPS).
    In Rome2 on medium I had ~15.

I would not be scared of taking the good points of TATW such as customised warhorns.

I would hate for you guys to not include awesome gameplay elements just because they are in TATW. Of course you want it to be your own creation and have your own identity, but I see no harm in using good things as... inspiration.

To use custom warhorns as an example, they really add to the feel of the universe, and helps with the immersion into the world of middle earth.

I didn't say we won't use what was included in tatw what was not created by TATW team, including horns. Horns were taken from films so we will record the same sounding ones and use them. Arrangement would be easy I suppose. And as I said we will include as much film stuff as possible but created by us.

Privatecamping's Avatar Civis

Making of custom horns is infact rly easy so dont worry about that

Thanks for the reply Mr.J. Gotcha! So If you want some more unique ideas I have a proposition, you know there is technology tree for certain siege weapons, have you considered making ultimate military tech tree for Mordor Grond? Something Tatw never did but with this engine i assume its more of a possibility? What is the plan with ladders? I know theyre very different in Attila to a medieval style ladder so Im curious as to what you will do with that design.

I don't know if Attila supports custom/unique battering rams but I planned to make Mordor's generic ram look like Grond.

Ah okay so something like the third age one, well I can still hope that there are unique ones! But it will be great nethertheless to have anything really.

No, third age had vanilla or smth else but not grond.

Oh Mr.J yeah it had an edited vanilla model with rope hanging the ram. Anyway to see and ACTUAL Grond would be incredible haha, I really hope you all the best if you try to do it Want the men on the walls squealing in fear as it rolls up towards their gate

It would be awesome if you could get the morder units to chant grond as they push rams up to the gate. It would be really immersive.

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

They should have no choice, but bringing Grond to cities like Minas Tirith. You shouldn't be able to attack it with a single ram. It both makes sense and make the game more realistic. Win win.