Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion, Feedback, Suggestions & FAQ

Privatecamping's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [Discussion] Suggestions / Questions

My favourite race are the Rohirric Northman and on The second place are the Elves (Favourite are the Noldor)
    Mr. J i think that chewey and me think the same about the elves... They are just perfect in anything they do.. They are the sons on the Valar and they are the most powerful and advanced race

Vikus I would enjoj helping this mod as much as I can.. Can you write down pls the rooster that you did for Harad

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Who say elves are perfect? Mirkwood elves are ... who didn't come for help in hard times. Elves under Feanor's command killed elves to get their ships. Avari smth like black numenoreans. And is it really fair that elves live with gods unlimited time and men just dies in ME and those two don't even care.
    Also I read Tolkien said elves are egoists, they think about about theirselves(mostly). Even where there was no hope in ME they just gone to Undying lands instead of help men to resist Sauron(not during WotR but during whole Third Age).
    I have nothing againts their immortal life but what they did(in fact what they did not) makes me neither like them nor hate.
    p.s. I like dunedain(dunedain of the north-Arnor/Arthedain/Cardolan and Gondor untill their mixes with northmen so not the Gondor in the end of TA).
    Last edited by Mr.Jox; February 04, 2015 at 06:45 AM.

Um I agree that thay didnt help in late 3rd age but you must not forget that hey fought Morgoth before men even awoke and wirh the help of the Valar and Maiar and defeated him.. Also you have the last alliance of men and elves that brought Sauron to his knee's they fought the war that was called the War Of Sauron And Elves where the elves where led by Gil Galad that letter died at Dagorlad and he was the last High King Of Noldor.And I agree that they were like children in behaviour I just whanted to say that they are the most perfect race in fighting..

Ok I see perfect your point. I like Noldors but not as much as other do and not in late third age
    Mostly I dislike separating elves from men and unfair (elves live with gods and men just thrown and forgotten. No hope etc etc

Thats life in Arda

But you can expect for a balance and fairplay in this mod

Of course that will be nice try to balance the quality of elves and the quantity of Orc Factions

I agree that elves are not perfect, especialy the Sindar and Silivan and the Avari. Which probably make up 2/3rds of the elf population in TA. But the Noldor and Eldar and Teleri really are quite good hearted. Not perfect but noble in everything they do.

I wasnt aware that men were not eternal in ME after they die. I thought the elves when they died had to go to Madros' halls while the men (because they lived as mortals) went to "heaven" with the Valar and Illuvatar.
    Not sure its been a while since i read the Silmarillion. Maybe one of you can enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by cshewey View Post
    I agree that elves are not perfect, especialy the Sindar and Silivan and the Avari. Which probably make up 2/3rds of the elf population in TA. But the Noldor and Eldar and Teleri really are quite good hearted. Not perfect but noble in everything they do.

I wasnt aware that men were not eternal in ME after they die. I thought the elves when they died had to go to Madros' halls while the men (because they lived as mortals) went to "heaven" with the Valar and Illuvatar.
    Not sure its been a while since i read the Silmarillion. Maybe one of you can enlighten me.
    I have no idea here

Yes you are right..The race of men has wat is called the Gift Of Iluvatar and that is that they die off and then they go to heaven to sit by their ancestors but elves go to the halls of Mandos where they w8 for the end of the world

Since I am stuck on this forum tonight, I will post something I have wanted to post for a while.

My complete faction roster line up (at least what I would like to see). I will try to use as many units as possible while maintaining faction balance and usability.

Note- If any units are included in a version of TATW that i have i will use the same name and not include a description. For all new or changes units I will provide a cool sounding epic unit description. Feel free to use them for the game if you'd like.

First up:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Mordor

Generals;
    Black Guards of Morannon ($1100)- Chosen men of ancient Numennor deceived and enslaved in the will of Sauron, charged with guarding the entrance to his lands. Brandishing fell swords of Morgul they oppose all opposed to the will that controls them. (These are the soldiers led by the Mouth of Sauron, very heavy sword infantry, 2 handed swords solid armor and no shield. Special ability "scare" and "killing spree" maybe renamed if possible "power of shadow" and "dark vengeance").
    Saurons Will ($900)(as seen in TATW DaC)
    Mounted Black Numenoriens (as seen in TATW)

Melee Infantry;
    Orc Raiders ($150),
    Orc Mualers ($200)(all as seen in TATW)
    Nunen Slave Leves ($210)-Forced to fight for a will not their own, slave soldiers are driven by sheer terror not of their enemies but of their masters. (Basically cannon fodder with a knife. The orcs use them to scare their opponents with the thought of their fate if they should be captured. They use a knife, no armor and "scare" effect on all good factions).
    Orc Chief Warriors($750)- Chosen by birth and proven by deeds these mighty orc warriors are brutal fighters hurling themselves into combat in a dark frenzy. (like an armored "naked swords" unit from R2. short sword, large shield, decent armor and "frenzy" remained "blood thirst") Uruk warriors (as seen in TATW) Uruk Chief Warriors- Greatest foes and strongest of Melkor's foul breeds these dark creatures are chosen of the strong and are chiefest of the Dark lord's armies. (Same as orc chief warriors but stronger and more elite)
    Black Guards of Morannon (as seen above)

Spear Infantry;
    Orc Band ($120)(As seen in TATW)
    Morannon Guard ($300)(As seen in TATW)
    Morgul Chosen ($450)(As seen in TATW DaC)
    Uruk Halberds ($600)(As seen in TATW)
    (I don’t think Mordor should have a very elite spear roster so I won’t add anything to them)

Missile Infantry;
    Slave Archers ($210)- Given a bow and a small dagger these long enslaved men may be forced to shoot at their own kin less they receive the whip...or worse (Same as save leves but with a bow and arrow)
    Orc Archers($220) (As seen in TATW)
    Scouts($250) (As seen in TATW)
    Uruk Archers ($400)(As seen in TATW)

Melee Cavalry;
    Black Numenorians ($1000)(as seen above and in TATW)

Special;
    Mountain/Mordor Trolls ($1000)(As seen in TATW)
    Olag-Hai ($1400) (As seen in TATW)
    (I see trolls as being primarily a shock infantry unit but at least fairly vulnerable to missles after maybee 2-3 volleys. Not like the insanity of the trolls in TATW).

Special General(s)
    The Witch King of Angmar- The greatest and more terrible of the dark lords servants; Prophesied by Glorfindel at the fall of his ancient kingdom "not by the hand of man may he fall". Abilities "Terror of the Nazgul" decreases enemy moral and "Shadow of Angmar" gives a small moral and combat bonus to all troops for a short time.
    I don’t know if you can add more than a 4th general slot but if you can i think we would like to see a "Sauron" general and a "Mouth of Sauron" general if possible.

Next is...
    Imladris:

Generals;
    Glorfindels Knights-($1800)These reincarnated ancient elvish lords are a terrifying power, their very presence inspires hope to the free people and fear in the servants of evil. (Super heavy shock/melee cavalry) They use lances for charging but switch to sword and shield (possibly stored on their backs like Cretan archers?) when in melee. (Wedge formation, "Fury of the Eldar" (charge bonus) and Wrath of the Firstborn (but trample instead of headhunt)
    Kin Slayers ($1400)(As seen in TATW FRoGS)
    Noldorian Nobles ($1700)- Eyes glowing like fire and a light shining from within is how these great and terrible firstborn are seen in the wraith world. They are the wisest, oldest and strongest of all beings left in middle earth, veterans of ages of combat and a deep, ancient hatred of the evil that now spread over the lands make these warriors nigh a kin to the Valar themselves. Super Heavy sword infantry with an elven tower shield, "Fury of the Eldar" and "Wrath of the First Born" (Headhunt)

Melee Infantry;
    Sword Quendi ($500)(As seen in TATW)
    Warriors of Eregion- ($750) These sword wielding elves fled from Eregion after it was lost and now fight of Imladris in hopes of reclaiming their homes. (Short sword/ Shield warriors, Medium Melee Infantry, Well armored with mail but not quite plate armor, fast and strong able to hold the line for a long time. (Sheild wall, and "Fury of the Eldar" (Frenzy)
    Tulkas' Faithful ($800)(As seen in TATW DaC)
    Noldorian Swordsmen ($1200)(Eldarenwe Swordsmen as seen in TATW)
    Kin Slayers (As seen in TATW FRoGS)
    Noldorian Nobles (As seen above)

Spear Infantry;
    Noldorian Warriors ($1400)- These veteran warriors make up the front line of the elven defense against the shadow. (The spear guys you see at the beginning of the FOTR) (Hoplite wall, Square, and "Spears of Gil Galad" (cavalry counter tactics) They also carry longbows and a small supply of arrows. (if that can be done)
    Imladris Guards ($1400)(As seen in TATW DaC)

Missle Infantry;
    Bow Quendi ($500)(As seen in TATW)
    Elven Rangers- ($650)Silent, swift and sure are the elven rangers that protect the vast land of Eriador. They are an unseen havoc upon their foes. (Archers that can hide anywhere whose armor is their speed and accuracy) (Loose formation, can hide anywhere, quick reload and elf-shot (precision shot) (Bow maybe 20-25 shots and swords, able to hold their own in melee but can be cut down by cavalry and cavalry charges) I would say their melee skills should be about a Hastati or a Celtic swords level. (Very light Missile Infantry)
    Noretirno Warriors ($700)(As seen in TATW DaC)
    Eldar Archers ($950)(As seen in TATW)

Shock Cavalry;
    Noretirno Cavalry ($900)(As seen in TATW)
    Eldar Lancers ($1200)(As seen in TATW)
    Glorfindels Knights (As seen Above)

Missle Cavalry;
    Hidden protectors of Eriador-($600)Bree and the Shire like to believe that they provide their own security, when in truth it is the blood of these elves and the Dunedain that accompany them that secures them from the shadows. (Light Javelin/melee Cavalry) (Cantabarian Circle, can hide anywhere, quick reload, and "Fury of the Eldar" (but instead of frenzy it is the "frenzied charge" ability).
    Imladris Rangers ($800)(As seen in TATW DaC)

Special;
    Lore Masters of Rivendel-($500) Hymns of power sung from ancient tongues bring a strength seldom seen in the latter days, and terror unknown to their enemies. (They carry no armor and use a short sword when forced into melee) Very Light Melee Infantry "Hymn to Elbereth Gilthoniel" (Inspire all ally forces, increases melee attack and defense) "Hatred of Morgoth" (Decreases enemy moral and melee defense, improves ally charge bonus)

Special Generals
    Glorfindel- Commander of the armies of the Noldor, lord of the golden house of Gondolin, this mighty warrior was sent back by the Valar to bring blazing light against the darkness. Light of Elbereth (Moral bonus for all ally units) "Wrath of the Eldar" (Greatly increases melee attack and charge bonus for units within the area of effect)
    Elrond- Leader of the white council and possibly the wisest being left on middle earth, Elrond was there the very day the ring should have been destroyed. "Vilya" (Increased melee defense and missile block chance for all units) "Lore Master" (prevents all enemy special abilities for a short time)

Tranduil’s Realm:
    Generals;
    King’s Guard- ($1400)Handpicked by the elven king himself, these sturdy guardians protect the king at home and in battle. (Spear and Shield armed “very heavy melee infantry”) These are the palace guards you see in the hobbit.
    Royal Sindar Archers ($1200)(as seen in TATW DaC)
    Legolas’ Chosen Sentinels- ($1150) Best of the great rangers of Mirkwood, this band of elite archers fight alongside the King’s son to restore the Green Wood. (Light missile infantry, small leather armor but extremely fast and agile. With very high missile damage and rate of fire, and “Elf Shot” (precision shot) special ability).

Melee Infantry;
    Woodland Warriors ($600) (As seen in TATW DaC)
    Spawn Hunters- ($800)These elves have lived in the great forest for centuries and they would gladly die before allowing any fell creatures to inhabit it. So with javelins and mighty elven blades these men hunt the great spiders and all other fell creatures. (Medium melee infantry, with solid leather armor but also very swift. Combat bonus vs large, and “Memory of the Forest” (killing spree) special ability)
    Maethyr i-Thewair ($850)(as seen in TATW DaC)
    Hir I- Lang ($1100)(As seen in TATW DaC) (But with new skin from the Hobbit)

Spear Infantry;
    Woodland Spearmen ($500) (as seen in TATW DaC)
    Hir en- Ech ($1000)(As seen in TATW DaC but with new skin from the Hobbit BOTFA)
    King’s Guard (As seen above)

Missile Infantry;
    Woodland Rangers ($700)(As seen in TATW)
    Woodland Wardens ($750)(As seen In TATW DaC)
    Hir I- Beng ($1100)(As seen in TATW DaC)
    Sindar Archers (As seen above)
    Sentinels of Amon Lanc-($1300) Now that the old fortress in cleansed these powerful elves remain watchful less the darkness should seek to return. (Light Missile Infantry. They start with bows then switch to the 2 handed sword like the Sindar archers, but these guys have little armor and can hide anywhere).
    Legolas’ Chosen Sentinels (As seen above)

Missle Cavalry;
    Mounted Sentinels-($900)These swift and deadly accurate mounted archers provide the King with a mounted force. (Light Horse Archers, that are very quick, have a little armor, and a good supply of arrows).
    (I would keep the Wood Elf cavalry to a minimum, to make up for the excellent melee and missile contingents).

Special Generals;
    Legolas- the King’s son leads the Sentinels of the great forest. “Elf Eyes” Allow the player to see all hidden units for a short time, without alerting the other player. And “Swiftness” Increases movement speed of all units without increasing the fatigue level for a time.
    (Thranduil if you can)

Grey Havens:
    Generals;
    Gaurdians of the Falas-($1800) These handpicked elves guard the Lords of Mithlond and protect the inner havens and the white towers. (Two Handed swordsmen) ("Fury of the Eldar" (Frenzy) Wrath of the Firstborn (Headhunt) massive charge bonus and insane armor) They are like Thracian Nobles but much, much better.
    Cirionath of Mithlond -($1600)The chosen Marines of Ciridan himself, ageless, strong and bent upon the destruction of the Dark Lord. (Hoplite wall, Square, rapid advance, cavalry counter tactics, "Fury of the Eldar" and "Courage of the Undying") They are heavy armored elite spear men which also carry longbow and a short supply of ammo (Maybe 10 shots). Essentially they are a mix of Heroes of Sparta and Cretan Archers.
    Haven, Master-Rangers- ($1300)Chosen rangers tasked with defending the forests around the gulf of lune, waylaying enemies long before they reach the Havens. (Loose formation, can hide anywhere quick reload and elf-shot (precision shot, and Cantabrian Circle) Mounted Elite Armored Horse Archers that are more than comfortable in both archery and close quarters. (Very heavy Missile Cavalry)

Melee Infantry;
    Haven Militia -($750) Levied swordsmen who bolster the defenses of the Falas. (Sheild wall, and "Fury of the Eldar" (Frenzy) Pretty close to legionaries in melee better when (frenzy) is activated) You could also do a spear or pike version of this unit.
    Teleri Swordsmen ($800)(As seen in TATW DaC)
    Falas Sword Masters ($1000)(As seen in TATW DaC)
    Eldarenwe Swordsmen (1400)(As seen in TATW)
    Mithlond Nobles ($1600)(As seen in TATW)
    Gaurdians of the Falas (As seen above)

Spear Infantry;
    Lindon Long spears ($650)(As seen in TATW DaC)
    Sindar Spearmen ($800)(As seen in TATW DaC)
    Sindar Pike men ($950)(As seen in TATW DaC)
    Elven Marines- ($1050)Professional spear-men that also carry javelins, which protect the Haven and its ships. (Hoplite wall, Square, rapid advance, cavalry counter tactics, and "Fury of the Eldar) Like Shield Bearers of Macedon in melee, but with javelins like Thureos spears.
    Eldarenwe Spearmen ($1300) (As seen in TATW DaC)
    Cirionath of Mithlond (As seen above)

Missile Infantry;
    Teleri Archers ($600)(As seen in TATW DaC)
    Elven Rangers: ($800)Archers that can hide anywhere whose armor is their speed and accuracy. Loose formation, can hide anywhere quick reload and elf-shot (precision shot). (Bow maybe 20-25 shots and swords, able to hold their own in melee but can be cut down by cavalry and cav charges) I would say their melee skills should be about a Celtic Swords level.
    Sindar Archers ($1000)(As seen in TATW DaC)
    Eldarenwe Archers ($1200)(As seen in TATW)
    Missile Cavalry;
    Haven, Master-Rangers ($1400)(As seen above)

Melee Cavalry;
    Teleri Riders ($800)(As seen in TATW DaC)
    Eldarenwe Lancers ($1400)(As seen in TATW)

Special Generals;
    Ciridan the Shipwright, He is the First to return, and last to leave, ever watchful, ever longing. “Marine” combat bonus to all naval units. “Eldest One” Inspires nearby allies, increases area of influence.

I gotta take a break for now, i will keep updating this list as i get time. Let me know everyone's thoughts and suggestions on it.
    Last edited by cshewey; February 04, 2015 at 12:06 PM.

This is realy cool I like it

I have a question.. Can I work on the music my uncle can help me cos he has a studio.. I would make a soundtrack only for the mod.. It would be like music from the film Lotr and Hobbit but i would put in some epic music too.
    All with copyright ofc

If you can create some test own music/soundtrack it will be smth awesome. Coz I personally don't want to take anything from movies(I mean what made by other people like OST). You can copy the style of lotr music as well
    About Mordor, my vision of this faction is lot differ from what u said and what was in TATW.
    I think I can share my ideas in next post.

I can make an example.. It wouldnt be the original music but something lile a remix but it will still be the Epic music that everyone loves

Can you make smth not touching someone's music? Like you create it from scratch

Am yes but it will take time a lot of time.. I can make a sample in about 10-15 days

I need some basic info on the music kind, lenght, volume etc.
    Do you whant me to make soundtrack by race or a soundtrack for good-evil (that all good factions and all evil factions have the same soundtrack)

its ok dont hurry up