Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion, Feedback, Suggestions & FAQ

Privatecamping's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [Discussion] Suggestions / Questions

Hehehe well its on you ��

Wintercross's Avatar Libertus

I'm not really an Orc fan, I'm more of a Rohan guy.

I just always wished that Orcs could fight more orc-like in Third Age mod. Orc armies should be ambushing men at night and have low morale if caught in the daylight.... it also helps set Uruks apart from just being 'tougher orcs' since they could fight in the day without negative effects.

Just thought I'd suggest it since such a thing seems possible now in Attila.

Thank God that somebody Here loves Rohan! You had snaga that fit your view of orks. But morgul orks were fighting orks and not to mention uruks. One things that made morgul orks bader than the uruks is that they were afraid of the sun and were smaler in build. They were larger in number and were inteligent enough to use sige weapons
    Last edited by Privatecamping; April 03, 2015 at 02:56 AM.

Yeah, Rohan is my favourite. I love their military style and I really like how the movies portrayed them visually. I loved playing TATW, having a massive Rohirim army up on a hill, and then smashing into vast orc hordes and routing them from the clash. Or split my forces in two, and pincer attack with a two stage charge. Good fun.

I know that the Mordor/Morgul orcs are tough fighters, but like all Orcs they don't work well in the sunlight...
    I'd like to see more differences in the Uruks and regular Orcs, since the Morgul Orcs weren't necessarily less adept at fighting than the Isengard Uruks, they just had smaller stature and didn't have the Uruks resistance to daylight... and since Attila looks like it offers the flexibility to represent this I think it could add a lot to the game.

Hmm.. come to think of it, weren't Olag Hai kind of like the Uruk equivalent for Trolls? Could make them have no penalties at day time either....

Doesn't have to be a huge penalty. Giving Orc factions night fighting by default would be a good idea though. The evil forces often attacked at night time and since Orcs favour the dark it just makes sense.

EDIT: One other thing... is this mod going to go for a single HP combat system? Because I think it would really be a much better approach than the Rome 2/Attila HP system. With a 1 HP set up you don't have weird inconsistencies like the first couple of volleys from archers seeming to have no effect, only for the last few to suddenly rack up heaps of kills. Plus I'm sure it would be easier to balance everything.
    Last edited by Wintercross; April 04, 2015 at 03:47 AM.

I cant answer you on this.. But I know that there is a mod for that for Attila but Im not sure if there is for Rome.. Like they made the 1 hp system and it was rly nice
    The feeling of a Rohan charge is too epic.. No faction can have that feeling for me

Yeah, Warriors of Faith is the 1hp battle mod for Attila, and it makes combat feel more like it did back in the Medieval 2 days. It really makes it much better.

I talked with a TW:RoM team member about the battle system some months ago. I was going to try their combat balance but we didn't follow up on it, unfortunately. We did discuss the 1hp system and as I said back then, if you are planning on converting the combat balance to that, I'd happily assist.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Am I think the best thing that you can do is to contact MR. J or Vikus in a private message form : )

Hello i just wanted to thank you for making this mod, im sure it will be the best mod since TATW for M2TW or DeI for R2TW, however i have some questions about your current progress on the mod.

1. You already got the Assembly Kit from CA? if so did you figured out how much campaign map can be changed or a certain way you can change it so it's ME map?
    2. What's actual progress on specific factions, i mean i know there's still alot of work to be done with map, sound etc. but just for unit models, animation could you say how much in % they are complete at this stage?
    3 Sorry for bothering you but im really excited about this project and can't wait when you release at least alpha version, keep up the great work guys, i really hope you will figure out how to make great campaign map!

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

1. Nope, CA very silent about Assembly Kit. No official news about AKit since latest mod summit (just if like CA forgot about this).
    2. We didn't count but some factions going closer to have enough units for alpha version.
    3. Stay still and you will see something new very soon.

i think they mentoned something about releasing it after last DLC for Rome 2?

i am excited for this mod, but i would say to stick to more lore than the movies. maybe have weapons, settlements and armors based off movies but not events and such. like in the last hobbit film the dwarves use a lot of swords when they should have been using mattocks and axes instead of spears and swords. I think the Moria orcs from the fellowship of the ring would look amazing as would seeing the armor of the orcs from Dul_Guldur and gundabad from the last hobbit get a spot in this mod

Quote Originally Posted by Reynevann View Post
    i think they mentoned something about releasing it after last DLC for Rome 2?
    Nope. Rome2 not in development anymore. DLCs for R2 too. CA has stopped supporting that game after Attila's release.

Quote Originally Posted by peakcoot View Post
    i am excited for this mod, but i would say to stick to more lore than the movies. maybe have weapons, settlements and armors based off movies but not events and such. like in the last hobbit film the dwarves use a lot of swords when they should have been using mattocks and axes instead of spears and swords. I think the Moria orcs from the fellowship of the ring would look amazing as would seeing the armor of the orcs from Dul_Guldur and gundabad from the last hobbit get a spot in this mod
    Don't be afraid, we gonna make it good and smart. We still will use armours from films but weapons we can change on more lore ones. Settlements will be taken from films and concepts from other guys.

Maybe releasing Total War:Kingdoms was the reason they didnt released Assembly Kit yet, they were mainly focused on their new Pay 2 Win tablet game Anyway thanks for quick answers, im really grateful you care so much for people interested in your mod

It's Mr.J, the delegate for the community.
    ------------- under the patronage of wangrin --------------

~~~~~~~ Total War: Rise of Mordor at ModDB ~~~~~~~

Hey guys, thank you for your work, have been there only for a while but I'm impressed . Iam sure there was similar suggestion at one point, but just to be sure.

Please think about asymetric side of battles in LOTR. Don't stick to same old let's make orcs crappy but give them 3 times size units and stuff, especially with number of stats units can have in attila. For example orcs could have really great melee attack but low damage(low quality weapons) and low armor, making them feel a bit like glass cannons (possible scare effect for some of the units?). With maybe low prize for the units you can still have huge unit swarms but with character and tactical purpose - ambushes, hammer and anvil infantry strikes. Same gondor could be more like western roman empire, with good high armor holding units but not very good attack or charge, relying on other units to deal damage. Give all the elven units bows, infantry too with limited ammo. Make isengard units rely heavily on their pikes - best pikes in game. Trolls with berserk and scare everyone effect, but easy target for archers and less of impact damage not like elephants. Give each faction not only visual but also battle gameplay character.

Well I can go on and on with this, hope you will think about it a bit. If you need anything from gameplay design standpoint( Iam sure you have more than plenty guys for that) feel free to contact me. I did work on couple of small games (mostly in education in slovakia on mobile devices) and was active during golden warcraft 3 modding days. I would love to design gameplay features like this to make it better.

Oh, and I think they are pushing so many dlcs because of assembly kit coming fairly soon. They want to cash in as much as possible before mods, faction unlocks and stuff hits the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Doboss View Post
    Oh, and I think they are pushing so many dlcs because of assembly kit coming fairly soon. They want to cash in as much as possible before mods, faction unlocks and stuff hits the game.
    Much? nope -_- Im just getting mad when hear that CA only grabbing money and nothing else. Seems like you do the same if you see other people doing this even now knowing?
    Sorry it's a bit rough message and I don't want to insult someone. I just want people not to tell what they don't know (of course some is acceptable and some not). Don't make CA the enemy this is what im trying to say.
    Last edited by Mr.Jox; April 14, 2015 at 11:38 AM.

Agreed with Mr J, CA is not the enemy,

but i think a lot of the venting that we are seeing is coming from the frustration people are having with the current games R2 and Attila. CA has in fact lost a lot of their reputation lately with the community, the community does not feel like CA really listens to them or takes their opinions into account, but that they are just in it for the money (not what im saying). Now CA is a business, and a business' goal is to make money, but i dont think they are trying to scam us out of anything either. They just have not figured out how to properly "appease the masses" yet. Give them time, and i think they will come around.

Agree. And I read something about removed torches in Attila's one of the patches and saw how fast was realised what people asked for. People must understand it's not possible to grab money from nothing. They create a strategic game where you have a lot of factors (public order for example could be the community and settlement with bad public order can be a game). Just finish my thoughts in your head.