Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1833343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: General Discussion, Feedback, Suggestions & FAQ

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Suggestions / Questions

Quote Originally Posted by HavaGanda View Post
    My suggestion as I have seen that "The Shire" has been removed as one of the original factions but other, smaller and more unimportant factions like "Vale of Anduin" are still remaining. Here is my suggestion for a unit selection and possible faction abilities

Low Tier Units:
    Hobbit Farmers (Absolute chaff using polearm farming implements, equivalent to a slightly more powerful mob but with a purchase price)
    Bounders (Absolute archer chaff but with a decent, short range shooting ability)
    Hobbit Housewives (Small number morale damaging light infantry)
    Dog Handlers (Standard Hobbit Dog Handlers)
    Bree Militia ( Reliable militia grade warriors with a high asking price for what they are worth)
    Pony Riders (Slow, weak light cavalry in high numbers)
    Hobbit Field Chefs (Morale Increasing infantry with average stats and low numbers)

Mid Tier Units:
    Shirrifs *clubs* (Low quality medium infantry with no shields)
    Shirrifs *greatclubs* (Low quality anti Armour medium infantry with two handed weapons)
    Shirrif Constables (Reliable heavy infantry with shields and swords but lower numbers)
    Mounted Shirrifs (Shirrifs with slow cavalry, still no shields)
    Hobbit Archers (Very high quality, average range light archers)
    Breeland Guardsmen (Reliable Heavy Spear Infantry)
    Buckland Spearmen (Low quality, average morale spearmen with farming implements and spears)
    Breeland Patrol (Reliable medium melee cavalry)
    Long Cleeve Lancers (low quality, average morale, medium shock cavalry)

High Tier:
    Battlin' Brandybucks (High quality super heavy hobbit infantry with swords and shields)
    Tookish Hunters (High Quality medium archers with long range and incredible accuracy)
    Barnaboras Riders (Very fast, heavy hobbit cavalry riding horses with clubs and no shields with incredible morale and health)
    Knights of the Shire (Slow, super heavy hobbit cavalry riding ponies with swords and shields wearing Gondorian and Rohirrim armour, great stats all round, very expensive)
    Knights of the Shire *lances* (^ but with lances)
    Dunedain (Simply Dunedain, same stats)

All Hobbit units that are not archers or cavalry are armed with a single precursor rock (Javelin with the texture replaced as a rock)

Faction Features:
    Excessive Breeding: All units have 10% more warriors
    Units Replenish 50% faster

Natural Gardeners: Farms produce 20% more income

Isolationists: No diplomatic relations except with Arnor
    Cannot ally except with Arnor
    The Vale of Anduin is probably one of the most important factions in Middle Earth, holding the passes through the MM, protecting the northern Anduin Vale and keeping a path through Mirkwood whereas the Shire does sod all.
    The only units the hobbits would realistically have are archers and some very light infantry with improvised weapons. They lack basically everything to have even a half-decent army, let alone the epic OP army you're describing.

My suggestion as I have seen that "The Shire" has been removed as one of the original factions but other, smaller and more unimportant factions like "Vale of Anduin" are still remaining. Here is my suggestion for a unit selection and possible faction abilities

Low Tier Units:
    Hobbit Farmers (Absolute chaff using polearm farming implements, equivalent to a slightly more powerful mob but with a purchase price)
    Bounders (Absolute archer chaff but with a decent, short range shooting ability)
    Bree Militia ( Reliable militia grade warriors with a high asking price for what they are worth)
    Hobbit Field Chefs (Morale Increasing infantry with average stats and low numbers)

Mid Tier Units:
    Shirrifs *greatclubs* (Low quality anti Armour medium infantry with two handed weapons)
    Shirrif Constables (Reliable heavy infantry with shields and swords but lower numbers)
    Buckland Spearmen (Low quality, average morale spearmen with farming implements and spears)

High Tier:
    Battlin' Brandybucks (High quality super heavy hobbit infantry with swords and shields)
    Tookish Hunters (High Quality medium archers with long range and incredible accuracy)
    Barnaboras Riders (Very fast, heavy hobbit cavalry riding horses with clubs and no shields with incredible morale and health)
    Knights of the Shire (Slow, super heavy hobbit cavalry riding ponies with swords and shields wearing Gondorian and Rohirrim armour, great stats all round, very expensive)

All Hobbit units that are not archers or cavalry are armed with a single precursor rock (Javelin with the texture replaced as a rock)

Faction Features:

I Believe that Shire was deleted because it is not a military "nation". Hobbits are farmers, they are weak and small I really doubt they would be able to defeat something else than goblins (although in the book they fought with bunch of bandits or smth like that I believe). Also it was Breeland & Shire, so most of the army would come from Bree (mercenaries and militia probably). And while Anduin Vale is certainly not really that important, it is inhabited by Skin Changers like Beorn from the Hobbit, so that could make for an interesting faction. Lastly, I doubt that what you can see is 100% what will be in the final release. I bet that if they get more more modellers and more time, Breeland & Shire will be implemented, but, as I said, most likely with Bree units making up the bulk of their forces, and hobbits being only low tier units (possibly middle tier, but something like Knights of the Shire is like Dwarven Goat Cavalry, almost impossible to happen)

Default Re: [Discussion] Suggestions / Ideas

I am not a big Tolkien lore geek, but those suggestions of Shire Knights, cavalry and generalyy more elite Hobbit troops seem very silly to me.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I'm pretty sure the Shire will be merged with Arnor, not deleted altogether. Also, as everyone else said it's not really lore friendly to have Hobbits be elite warriors, they'd always just be trash units pretty much (in my opinion at least)

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Low Tier Units:

Mid Tier Units:

High Tier:

Faction Features:

Thanks for suggestion however I must say that we're not going to do more than 2-3 Hobbit units AT ALL. And of course there were no knights of Shire lol. The only knight unit in whole universe is Swan Knight of Dol Amroth. We're not raping the lore, sorry.

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

For campaign release, we might do a breefaction with SOME shire units. But for now, battle release, we have other things to do
    Rise of Mordor: a total overhaul mod for Total War: Atilla
    Writer, rosterer, lore-master and battle balancer for Rise of Mordor

'So do I, and so do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'

any chance to see big banners like this?

Possibly

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

can you when all other animations are done
    implement S2 shot to dead by arrow animations for all races
    cant find a video at the moment but in shogun 2 when somebody is hit by an arrow they continue their death struggle with movements like, grasping the place where the arrow hit and while doing this falling on their knees and finally on the ground
    In hoe you understand what I mean

PS can anybody who understands what I mean post a picture of video thank you very much
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Attila has those animations as well, some animations even have victims trying to get up but fail to do so because of their injuries, after which they die.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Filips Augustus View Post
    Attila has those animations as well, some animations even have victims trying to get up but fail to do so because of their injuries, after which they die.
    Well that was depressing.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Filips Augustus View Post
    thanks for helping explain what I mean +rep
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

I was curious about how General units will be implemented into the mod, will the team go the "Warhammer" route, where each General is a one-man uber unit who can solo whole units by themselves? Or the "Attila" route where the General is a single character in the unit with basically the same stats as the other men within the regiment? is it possible to do a mix of the two options, where the General character is part of a larger unit but has significantly better stats than the regular characters in the unit. Overall, I like the realism of the "Attila" style General, but major heroes like Aragorn and Boromir should be tanky enough to regularly be one of the last men left in the unit after prolonged combat. Thanks for all your work for this mod!

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

From my perspective as a rosterer I can say that some generals like Faramir use units as their bodyguards that are generically available as well, while others are planned to have unique bodyguards (not custom, unique) : units that can only be present on the battlefield if the character commands the army. This allows us to A) create more strong/elite units while B) not allowing any to be on the field of battle while another one is: you cannot have 2 generals on the battlefield. For now this means no 2 unique characters can be present in the same army. For any historical or scenario battles, and perhaps even regular multiplayer, we can look into making some generals capped units. To again use Faramir's example: he would be available (1 only ofc) as a unit, while let's say Boromir would he the general.
    I hope the above is somewhat clear

'So do I, and so do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    From my perspective as a rosterer I can say that some generals like Faramir use units as their bodyguards that are generically available as well, while others are planned to have unique bodyguards (not custom, unique) : units that can only be present on the battlefield if the character commands the army. This allows us to A) create more strong/elite units while B) not allowing any to be on the field of battle while another one is: you cannot have 2 generals on the battlefield. For now this means no 2 unique characters can be present in the same army. For any historical or scenario battles, and perhaps even regular multiplayer, we can look into making some generals capped units. To again use Faramir's example: he would be available (1 only ofc) as a unit, while let's say Boromir would he the general.
    I hope the above is somewhat clear
    Ok, that makes sense, but what about the general character himself, will the General character model have better stats then the bodyguard models within the same unit? For example, in vanilla Attila all models within a unit have 1-3 hitpoints each, when the unit takes damage the game applies that damage to a model and if the model has no hitpoint left after taking damage it "dies" and is removed from the unit (which sucks if that model happens to be the General). My question is, will the General model in the General's unit be tougher than the rest of the models within the unit, i.e. the General model has 10 hitpoints, while the other models have 2 hitpoints each?

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    Ok, that makes sense, but what about the general character himself, will the General character model have better stats then the bodyguard models within the same unit? For example, in vanilla Attila all models within a unit have 1-3 hitpoints each, when the unit takes damage the game applies that damage to a model and if the model has no hitpoint left after taking damage it "dies" and is removed from the unit (which sucks if that model happens to be the General). My question is, will the General model in the General's unit be tougher than the rest of the models within the unit, i.e. the General model has 10 hitpoints, while the other models have 2 hitpoints each?
    I'm pretty sure the general's/officer's health is hardcoded and we can't change it. So we can just change the health of the unit, and maybe the general uses their health? Idk how it works.

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

In case the general takes the health of the unit you may be comforted by the fact our combats last a lot longer tham the base game's. This means that generals won't die as easily as in the vanilla game. However I am fairly certain that there is a campaign character trait that adds to the general's personal hitpoints. If perhaps Caligula could verify this or I could look for where I found it, that would prpve the existence of a seperately calculated health stat for the general. Maybe it was the zeal trait, or some character trait, I forgot it

Hi! I have been following your mod for a while and I think that has potential to be one of the best mods of Attila .

So after to see the factions that you have planned to include, I share here with you some of the magnificent drawings of the JLazarusEB (https://jlazaruseb.deviantart.com/) which are his personal designs of Rohirim and Dunleding warriors (in his gallery has also drawings of Elf warriors, of Beornings and Dwarfs.) Personally I think that his desings of the Rohirim are as good as the ones of the movies and would be marvelous to see them animated in your mod

Rohan
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Rider of Rohan

Rohan Infantry

Rohan Knight

Rohan Knight

Rohan Eorl Guard

Rohan Warrior Levy

Rohan Spearman

Eorl Guard of Rohan

Dunledings

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Dunleding Warlord

Dunleding Captain

Dunleding Infantry

Dunleding Warrior

Dunleding Berseker

Last edited by Rampante-Cid; September 11, 2017 at 04:17 AM.

Dunleding concepts are rly nice to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jox View Post
    Dunleding concepts are rly nice to work with.
    Yep, and you should take a look in his gallery of the Beornings are pretty cool (altough personally my favourite are the Rohirim )