Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Preview] Economy, Events, Scripts & Other Features

Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Preview] SSHIP - Economy, Events, Scripts & Other Features

That's the key with small factions in SSHIP actually. You need to "turtle" for a while, building your economy and making alliances. Soon or later, you'll get an opportunity to expand. That's almost impossible in SSHIP to blitzkrieg through the whole map (Alavaria is the only one, as far as I know, who managed that).
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    That's the key with small factions in SSHIP actually. You need to "turtle" for a while, building your economy and making alliances. Soon or later, you'll get an opportunity to expand. That's almost impossible in SSHIP to blitzkrieg through the whole map (Alavaria is the only one, as far as I know, who managed that).
    Maybe with mongols is possible to expand and destroy the world in high campaign so fast(blitzkrieg) hehe but i prefer play with little factions as norway and bit a bit improve it, also i like the axe roster for norway and how their feared huskarls fight in europe or england and sack settlements(old viking style)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I'm not the blitzkrieg gamer, I do like to build a strong economy first, improve my cities to get stronger units and then strike, the only problem here is we're definitely going too slow. That's what I'm saying.

Since historical accuracy is the aim of this mod, growth rates are influenced by historical growth of the settlements. I understand that it sucks not being able to build anything anymore, and I'm currently trying to work on that.

Marble Emperor's Avatar Libertus

Honestly, I think that the settlement growth is fine, I find that especially for cities, large cities and even huge cities, the growth rate is perhaps too high if anything because it makes it incredibly difficult to maintain the public order without a good general and a half stack of troops.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!
    Artifex

On the issue of the settlement growth, we've had a long discussion with Alavaria and Gigantus. Here are the conclusions, I hope they'd assist the fellow players to get their bearings.

The factors of settlements' growth
    - base agriculture (province) 1 is 0.5%, values are usually between 1 and 5, but sometimes go much higher (values are visible on the settlement scroll)
    - farms (building) 1 is 0,5% while the values for the consecutive levels of farms are: 1, 2, 3, 8, 12 (values are not given in the buildings' descriptions but they are visible on the settlement scroll when a building is present)
    - Health (building) 1 is 0.4% in cities, 0.5% in castles (has also benevolent impact on the occurrence of the plagues).
    - Growth (building) 0.5% is 0.5%
    - Happiness (building) 1 is 0.25%
    - Law (building/general) has no impact
    - LocalPopularity (general) has no impact
    - Chivalry (general) 1 is 0.75% in cities, 0.5% in castles (but it's capped at 5% max)
    - Squalor (province, general) 1 is -0.5% in cities, -0.375% in castles
    - Trade (province, building): in general, one may expect a bonus 0.5-1% for smaller settlements, around 2% for the larger, while extreme seen is 3%. (Despite many attempts, it's difficult to learn the precise mechanics. The established factors are: the number of traded resources in the province multiplied (somehow) by road levels, trade, and sea trade buildings. It's doubtful if any resource (ie grain) is better than any other).
    - taxes (set in a province) every level is 0.5% difference, with Normal being neutral (obviously, you cannot change taxes in the Castles).
    - plagues (occur in a province) twice as big effects in a city than in a castle (occur occasionally in the cities with big populations, little health, neighboring provinces that have plagues, visited by infected characters or armies).

province - a feature of a province (or set by the player, or occur due to developments in the game)
    building - a feature of a building (you may see it in the descriptions, and obviously you need to build this building)
    generals - traits/ancillaries of general (you may see it in the general's scroll, must be acquired somehow)

There're some roundings on the way so the actual values may slightly differ.

The negative factor (squalor) produces the following thresholds to get to a higher level:
    07% City
    15% Large City
    35% Huge City

The differences between factions stem from:
    - different buildings which are possible to be built by the faction;
    - different traits and ancillaries possible to be gained;
    - different starting positions (province base agriculture, number of resources, etc.).
    All of it makes for some factions harder to get to big settlements, and some easier.

Pro memoria:

Population thresholds to get to a higher level of a city:
    Village: 500+
    Town: 2000+
    Large Town: 5.750+
    Minor City: 12.500+
    Large City: 32.000+
    Metropolis: 80.000+

Population thresholds to get to a higher level of a castle:
    Village: 500+
    Motte and Bailey 1.000+
    Wooden Castle 2.000+
    Castle 5.000+
    Fortress 12.000+
    Citadel 30.000+
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 14, 2018 at 12:37 AM.
    For those who want to play a historical mod in a medieval setting:
    try either the Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project + minimods,
    or the Broken Crescent + Buff and Shine submod.
    ..........................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods: SSHIP (2018), Wrath of the Norsemen (2018), Broken Crescent (2018).
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding.
    Minimods for the SSHIP: Generals Traits, Provincial Titles, Crowns.
    Short guides for the SSHIP: population growth, forts and watchtowers.
    Pros and cons of having Merchants in an M2TW mod.
    Home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Dominant strategy in Attila TW and Rome 2 TW: “Sniping groups of armies”.

Default Re: [Preview] Economy, Events, Scripts & Other Features

Would it be possible to get a building/settlement guide?
    Just small things:

What's the difference between a church and a monastery? Is there a difference between Priests recruited with one or the other? Should I have both in the same settlement? Should one or both be in every settlement?

I'm running into the same problem with schools and libraries, trade, sea trade and banks, and logging and stonemasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosted Flaker View Post
    Would it be possible to get a building/settlement guide?
    Just small things:

What's the difference between a church and a monastery? Is there a difference between Priests recruited with one or the other? Should I have both in the same settlement? Should one or both be in every settlement?

I'm running into the same problem with schools and libraries, trade, sea trade and banks, and logging and stonemasons.
    Well usually Monasteries offer you health bonuses and religious conversion rate , they can only be built after u have a higher level church already.
    stonemasons and logging unlock other big buildings, you need them first if you want to make higher levels of buildings like ports and markets.
    schools/libraries can teach your governors good traits, the better the building, the better the bonuses.
    banks increase your overall trade but at the cost of happines
    trade and sea trade are the value of money you get, you can watch settlement trade info panel ingame and you will see how you make most money. If you make more money on sea rather than on land, improve your ports. Trading Fleets from ports are basically what they say, your port can trade with more ports at the same time (you can see green lines from where ur port trades) , the more the better obviously.
    Priests will usually start with better piety depending which building you have built. A cathedral priest will have much more piety than a church priest for example. Monasteries dont have any effect as far as i know on priests.

srx's Avatar Laetus

ok. i have read this thread, and i was looking for advice, but didnt found it(grow)

so-im playing with serbia, (very hard) and i have taken out hungary (luck)(turn 61). capital left, but HRE made them vasals.
    im a bit mad coz i had them cornerd... but no matter...

ok so, in every total war game i played, i camp some turns to get lots of coins to make one ultra attack.
    i dissbanded unusefull troops, finish all build in citis(till turn 80 and 2 or 3) then i notice ragusa(my capital) didnt grow as much as i wanted.

good general, low tax rate.

turn 99!!! 11 660 population 0% grow.

in the time i was rolling turns, viena got rebeld and i take it.

but my question is, now at 107 turn i have generals still alive. but if he dies im gona go in minus.
    i understand your wish to make game realistic. but did you think about its just a game and if you are wining faction, you deserve some bonuses? like in growth perhapse?

and one more thing-why are mercenery crosbows cheeper to upkeep when they are much better then rest of archers?

and YES love this map and factions and all of details specialy for serbian faction!
    you just blow me up with names of charecters (im serb )

can you do something about grow?

Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Not all settlements can reach the highest level of development. This is made to reflect what happened in history. For example, you can not make Ragusa reaching the same level as Paris or Constantinople.

Regarding the names, feel free to suggest a list
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; May 07, 2019 at 01:47 AM. Reason: typo
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by srx View Post
    good general, low tax rate.

turn 99!!! 11 660 population 0% grow.

in the time i was rolling turns, viena got rebeld and i take it.

but my question is, now at 107 turn i have generals still alive. but if he dies im gona go in minus.
    i understand your wish to make game realistic. but did you think about its just a game and if you are wining faction, you deserve some bonuses? like in growth perhapse?
    Your general needs to learn more to become a Doctor Philosophiae (see here) or just to have more fun at the tourneys (see here).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12