Thread: BC 2.4 Needs you!

Icon4 BC 2.4 Needs you!

Broken Crescent needs you...

Hi all! Thank you very much for your longlasting support.
    In the next few weeks, great progress should be done.
    But we really need people able to work on the project.

We need people able to work on

3D/2D/Arts:
    - Implementing new factions symbols into interfaces
    - adapting new factions symbols into banners for strat map
    - adapting new factions banners for battlemap
    - Working on CAS models (agents and settlements on strat maps - a new look for some of them could be really appreciated)
    - Working on UI for new buildings and new concepts of gameplay.
    - Working on UI for new interfaces for kypchaks and Crusaders (eastern_europeans and northern_europeans).
    - Some strat map textures could also be improved. You could use google-maps.

Text editing/Scripting:
    - Implementing new units into battlemap modeldb (we actually need someone to attributes the right textures for horses and soldiers of two new factions)
    -
    Modify and adapt EDB to the new factions and to new concepts
    - Working on the new EDU

If you are skilled enough for one (or more) of these tasks, please make you known.
    You can post beyond in order to take in charge a part/or a whole aspect of a task.

Don't hesitate to post in the suggestion thread a new possible improvement for the mod especially if you are able to realise it - or even better, have already done it!
    Last edited by wudang_clown; June 06, 2014 at 02:01 PM. Reason: A tiny correction.

Default Re: BC 2.4 Needs you!

Perhaps we can use this thread to coordinate our efforts, in addition to emailing you privately. In this way, Wudang could also give us some feedback and guidance. Unless there is going to be a developers' forum.

For my part, I have edited the campaign script, to separate the four difficulty levels a bit more and to balance some of the factions. Easy and normal are easier than previously and very hard a little harder. I have done this also with the campaign_script from the Jizya, Kafirs and Dimmis mod. Are we using that as the new standard? There was a plan to add more religions, it would make sense to do that. I can also add monitors on anything players would like to see. The changes I am making are very small, so as not to change the overall style of the campaigns. If others would like to work on the campaign script, we can exchange ideas.

I am editing the campaign AI to make it a little more aggressive mainly on hard and very hard, since some think the AI is too passive. I am also making diplomacy a little easier at the easier levels, especially with factions about to be destroyed. These changes are savegame compatible and can be playtested when ready.

Shall we assume that only the Zengids and Ajerbaijan will be added to the next release? If so, I could work on the EDU or EDB but probably not both, because of a shortage of time. I would probably prefer working on the EDU, ideally in collaboration with whomever made the units. If others are interested, teamwork would be great.

It would be nice in addition to the new units to add some of the new historic buildings to the EDB – what do you think? I would personally like to see some of the Hindu buildings ransacked by the Ghaznavids and Ghurids added to the mod, to add Hindu piety, especially since there are no Hindu priests, and to be another source of loot to Muslim conquerors.

I would like to see a different model for the Hindu and Sindhi captains on the strat map, if anyone could take care of that.

Cheers for taking over Byzantineboy!

Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave.
    -Constantin Brancusi

Can you based your EDU on Gamegeek's edu. It's one of the best edu I have ever seen.

Hi all!

We are lacking two introduction factional description. Contact me, we need someone able to write english without making mistake for this task.

I'm willing to do it. I don't know much about the new factions in v2.4 yet, but if you need something written that's something I can do. Obviously if you don't like my work you can just scrap it.

Thank you very much, I will send you all you need to know

News:

If people working on banners and texts would make their work properly, release could be done in end september/october.
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; September 05, 2014 at 03:33 AM.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantineboy View Post
    News:

If people working on banners and texts would make their work properly, release could be done in early autumn.
    march next year ?

i am in aus so

Civis

I too could help out. I have a whole bunch of PDFs and saved links about the that region.

News:

If people working on banners and texts would make their work properly, release could be done in end september/october.

Excelent News! The long wait is near to its end!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Does BC 2.4 will use the same animations with BC 2.0 or rusichi animations have been added to the mod?
    I am asking to sent you some horse model placeholders (you can make their armor skins)...ONLY IF Rusichi horse animations are included because those horses CAN NOT work otherwise.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Well I'm back to modding for BC. I can set up Rusichi Anims for BC but not in that version I guess maybe in version 2.5 (Or another). Please PM it to me I'll share it on dev forum too...

BTW byzantineboy bro I'm now uploading Seljuk Units as I promised before sorry for that late upload

@Aura: bro, it is a big pleasure to read you and I am very glad to see you back! I am so excited to implement your units in game!

@Anthonius, Thx mate. I think we will keep the vanilla animations for 2.4, it would be easier.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

@Anthonius, Thx mate. I think we will keep the vanilla animations for 2.4, it would be easier.
    Ok ...when BC will finally enter in to a new animation phace please contact me...
    I have a lot of horse models varietions like those for example: LINK
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

The Rusichi animations are very nice. Would they be usable with infantry without changes in the models? If only horse animations are potentially problematic and the right horse models are available e.g. from Anthonius, perhaps replacing the vanilla animations may not be a big issue.