Thread: My Goal Was To Make A Huge European Christian Alliance/Trade Alliance, Now Christians Are Fighting Christians!

Bellus88's Avatar Ducenarius

Icon4 My Goal Was To Make A Huge European Christian Alliance/Trade Alliance, Now Christians Are Fighting Christians!

Throughout my entire campaign, no christian faction has ever fought one another. I am the Romans, I made an alliance with the Holy Order Of The Pale Knight and I also made and alliance with the Faustian Reich and Dracule by giving them some settlements I didn't really need. Now, to my shock, Dracule has declared war on the Faustian Reich, the Faustians have become powerful ruling over most of their continent with some pockets of Tahar and Privateer settlements left and me controlling most of the Southern Regions, the Faustians are also dealing with a horde of Spaniard Barbarians since I took the last 2 Hispania settlements and they flooded into the German territory after that instead of mine. This declaration of war really annoyed me so I decided to declare war on the Faustians and Dracule, I am retaking the Island settlements near my main Empire that I gave the Dracule and I am going to invade the Faustian Reich instead of the Paynal Empire (The Paynal Empire is the most powerful faction in my game right now). Dracule also has THE Islands on the left side of the Native Empire, I am going to invade them also.

My long term plan is to take almost half of the Faustain Reich then secure peace by giving them some worthless settlements like the 2 Island ones I will take from Dracule, I will probably leave the Dracules region alone but I will invade some of the Islands up north they took and possibly the settlement they took in the Paynal Empire, anyway I wanna destroy most of the Faustain Reich but keep them alive in the end. It would be nice if I could make the Faustains a client state, but how would you do that? Seems really hard, I guess a faction has to be on the brink of death right? Before they would accept being a client state.

So do you guys/girls (if there are any here) think my long term plan will work?

Now that I have defeated the Muslims, Lao Chi and Uruks, the campaign has become a lot easier, I had many losses at the start and many of my losses came with invading the Muslim factions areas, they kept retaking the settlements over and over again. My current total is 459 battles won (not counting victories against rebels) and 217 battles lost. I suppose this mod is semi challenging considering that I did cheat against the Uruk Dominion with 10 auto victories against them, I got impatient, after I finish my campaign I am gonna start a new one for the only purpose of beating the Uruk Dominion and being done with it so I won't feel so guilty about cheating in this campaign.
    Last edited by Bellus88; June 02, 2014 at 06:49 PM.

Default Re: My Goal Was To Make A Huge European Christian Alliance/Trade Alliance, Now Christians Are Fighting Christians!

To make a faction a client state, you have to have 3 things. Dunno if they're all recuired but here goes. 1. a good reputation (most important, or they won't accept anything). This means no killing prisoners and no exterminating settlement. Releasing prisoners raises your reputation. 2. Preferably, they have to be losing. 3. Offer them money, lots and lots of money. And even when you have all that it can be hard to achieve That's what I read about it and my experience. Unfortunately, I never get client states (I never release prisoners, except for that one time I captured just 1 farmer in battle ).

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: My Goal Was To Make A Huge European Christian Alliance/Trade Alliance, Now Christians Are Fighting Christians!

Reputation is also going to be affected of you randomly attack other nations that you are at peace with or if you ceasefire with someone then go and attack then again. It's usually best if you let nations declare war on you

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    Reputation is also going to be affected of you randomly attack other nations that you are at peace with or if you ceasefire with someone then go and attack then again. It's usually best if you let nations declare war on you
    Yep, forgot to mention that. Thanks for adding.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Well I don't wanna make them a client state then, I am gonna attempt to conquer most of the Faustain reich faction then make a cease fire and peace by giving them some money and a couple settlements back, I am going to do the same thing with Dracule, do you think this plan will work?

Your plan if it was me I would say it would be 70% success rate if I did the same. So I feel the odds are in your favor

Alright, thanks, but I am going to be sacking my enemies settlements though, is this okay? I hope that won't effect me making peace later.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellus88 View Post
    Alright, thanks, but I am going to be sacking my enemies settlements though, is this okay? I hope that won't effect me making peace later.
    If you're winning they likely will get desperate and except a cease-fire and peace