Thread: Siege defense issue: Cavalry "quantum tunnels" through Rorarii unit blocking the gate

antred's Avatar Senator

Default Siege defense issue: Cavalry "quantum tunnels" through Rorarii unit blocking the gate

There's something wrong with cavalry in that they sometimes smash straight through a unit of spears many ranks deep as if that spear unit wasn't there at all. I'd be ok with it if the cavalry unit actually properly broke the spear formation, but they just dash right through at full speed. It's as if the game's collision detection somehow fails to realize that there actually is a mass of tightly packed spear infantry in the way and the cavalry unit gets pass through as if it's just empty space.

Not sure if DeI can actually do anything about this ... this issue might exist in vanilla, too ... I haven't tested.

Default Re: Siege defense issue: Cavalry "quantum tunnels" through Rorarii unit blocking the gate

Sometimes I try to "busy" an enemy unit (like a spear unit) with another unit (whatever) and ask a 2nd unit to rush through the first enemy unit by spamming double-move beyond.

The game collision indeed doesnt keep up with some obvious exploits, but in that case it can be "good" since it ultimately means you cant block an infinite mass/number of soldiers with just a few on a limited frontage.

I do agree there is some flaws in the actual system, if there is a way to make it less unrealistic I would gladly push it.

Default Re: Siege defense issue: Cavalry "quantum tunnels" through Rorarii unit blocking the gate

If anything it's worse in vanilla.

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

Yea in MP battles cav pulling through my infantry and killing all of my skirmishers is insanely annoying, I hope they fix in ASAP.