Thread: (LME H/H) The road to París

Default (LME H/H) The road to París

Prologue: The rise of the Kniaz Mijaíl Ilariónovich Goleníshchev-Kutúzov

On the first days of August his excelence the Tsar Alexander, by the Grace of God Emperor and Autocrat of All Russias, send a messenger to the general camp of the northern army at Smolensk. The french army was marching against the city and the russian army had the duty of burning it to it's grounds and regroup in Moscow.

On early september Kiev falled in the hands of the french emperor and his great army divided in three fronts, then the prince Kutúzov saw this fact as his chance of defeating the french army and marched against the city of Smolensk, and the russian army laid siege on September 17. When the preparatives were finished the prince ordered the final assault on the city.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The advancing russian forces were received by the cannonfire of the french army, but the russians musketeers of Smolensk were eagers to recover their beloved city while the rest of the army was formed of veterans guards of the previus wars against Napoleon and his allies.

The french garrison wasn't a fight for the superior russian infantry, but the artillery support halted the russian advance. In that moment the general ordeded a cavalry charge against the french army flanks in hope's of destroying the enemy artillery, but the cavalry was received by the french cuirassiers.

The prince was surprised by how such a tiny garrison was holding against his superior forces, but then wasn't a time for doubts. He ordered a final infantery charge against the french left flank composed of light infantry and conscripts from the city.

The french flank was overwhelmed by the superior russian infantry, but meanwhile the french cavalry defeated the russian charge against the cannons and the powerful advance of the Tsar troops halted against. The battle was in a terrible stalemate, but then the Morskaya pehota flanked the french line and charged against the position of the cannons. Kutúzov saw this opportunity and ordered a final charge of the cossack cavalry against the cuirassiers that guarded the last cannons.

The Cuirassiers were defeated this time and the rest of the french infantry began a organized retreat, but the advance of the russian infantry was quicker in the enormous cloud of smoke.

The frenchs granadiers tried to gain time for the rest of the troops, but the cossacks charged again and the french army was finally defeated at Smolensk, the army of Kutúzov lost 1/3 of it's troops, but the french army was completly destroyed. This was a great victory for the Tsar and Russia, but La Grande Armée was not defeated yet and Napoleon still treathened Moscow and the rest of Russia.

PD: I am sorry if i made some grammar mistakes in this AAR, but the english isn't my first lenguage and i'm doing this to practice my writting skills. On the other side, i hope you will enjoy this AAR and i will udapte it in the weekends, unless i have a exam in the course of the next week.

Scottish King's Avatar Campidoctor
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: (LME H/H) The road to París

Ohh! I hope this stays active. Great start!
    The White Horse: Hanover AAR (On going ETW AAR)
    Tales of Acamar: Legends WS Yearly Award Best Plot Winner (On-going CW Piece)
    The Song of Asnurn: An Epic Poem MCWC VI Winner (On-hold CW Piece)
    Tales of Acamar: Outbreak (Finished)
    To Conquer the World for Islam A Moor AAR (Finished)