Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Technical Q&A

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Technical Q&A

Did you change the number of horses? It should be exactly the same as the number of men or it will crash.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Did you change the number of horses? It should be exactly the same as the number of men or it will crash.
    Oh wow...didnt even think of that...let me try it and thanks

Hi, where to I go to modifyy the starting Army? I have ESF but cant locate the file to modify the starting size.

Thx

Patrician Artifex

difficult and likely to crash. Better solution: use a script to get additional units.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    difficult and likely to crash. Better solution: use a script to get additional units.
    I edited the campaign midifier, but have too much cav to start, and I dont want to delete them and make new cav on turn 1. What are you referring to?

Patrician Artifex

You have a script command you can use to add new units to a city. It seems you want to remove units and not add it?

Default Re: Napoleon : Masters of Europe (MoE), a new mod by l'Aigle and Steph

Does the campaign still work? the game seems to crash when i click on it. custom battle works fine but campaing crashing on click.
    also i had to download it manually because the installer kept saying "napoleon launcher not found" and every other options was grey.
    do u have to put the start.pos folders in campaign.. or into campaign, mp_europe campaign.
    the installation process wasnt easy for me to read pls help.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

If I remove the music pack in the mod, does this remove all music or just the campaign map music?
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Hello I have a question, is there a way to reform your units just like in attila? What I mean is that now Im on 1808 and my units still have the 1805, do i have to disband the units and get the 1808 ones, or is there away to reform those units?

Patrician Artifex

Unfortunately no, this is not supported by the game engine (same as for Empire, Shogun2 or Warhammer). Only Rome/Attila allow this.

Hello Steph, good morning. I'm about to start a new campaign. However, I can't enable fire by rank, as I did in previous campaigns. Is there any way to enable fire by rank?

Hello Staph

First of all, thanks again for the great mod. I have some few questions.

1. In your mod, line infantry units fire up to 2 ranks, sometimes 3 ranks. Is there anyway I can modify it so that only the front rank fires, or only the front 2 ranks fire? Can you please tell me where and how I can modify how many ranks can fire?(db tables etc)
    2. I tried to edit turns per year, using esf editor and edited the save file. Then I see there is no month and weather information, so I can only see the current year. I have used the same method in Empire total war and it was fine. Can you tell me a bit if I am doing wrong.
    3. French Grande Batterie is still with the vanilla-ish icon. Did you miss that one or it was intentional?

Sorry Steph, I mistook your name as "Staph"..

The unit voices hurts my ears a lot is there a way to lower the custom unit voices volume, I tried lowering effects volume but I can barely hear anything else.

nevermind I fixed it by lowering my sound memory

Hello !

Thank you for this super mod !

I would like to know with packfile manager how i can change some minor factions units to speak another language than english. For exemple, i got romanians units who speak english and would like to have them speaking italian. In wich db and wich line i can change this ?

Thank you!
    https://soundcloud.com/bmch

Patrician Artifex

It in the faction table, one of the last columns, Audio Faction String. But this will probably not work for Masters of Europe, which handle voices differently and is much more complex to dit.

Thank you for your answer.

Yes its not the faction voice but the unit voice, as i play russian, and recruited romanian, and i want those romanians units to speak italian or portuguese (maybe portuguese as it still latin language but more like yaourt for my ears). It would be super if i could know wich db i need to open and edit for that.

Patrician Artifex

it's not db, it's a html file with all the voice configuration. It's a relatively complex one, and it needs a tool, Symphony, I'm not sure it is still available.
    You need this tool to "decompile" the voice files, get html, edit it, and then recompile. And it is very touchy: any change in the unit table to or remove a unit (including mixing two mods) will mess up the language.

Arf... Well thank you for this answer i doubt i'll touch it then, but those romanians speaking english really breaking immersion.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast