Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: The thread for dumb questions

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: The thread for dumb questions

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Uanime5 has modded China into S2TW and there's a China game coming, for the 3 kingdoms.

So, why CA overcame their hate for China?
    That's because the Three Kingdoms are hugely popular, not only in China land, but also Japan and even to some extent the great US of A thanks to popularization of Dynasty Warriors and all that. Plus that Red Cliff movie by John Woo was well-received overseas and a big success in China.

Do ancient Chinese people work on CA's staff? Does CA go back in time to hire ancient Chinese people as part of a diversity quota? Would they be able to hire Cao Cao and Yuan Shao as game consultants for historical authenticity? Shouldn't the Three Kingdoms period have been followed by a Four Kingdoms period and then a Five Kingdoms period, instead of the Western Jin dynasty? Did the Sima clan who founded the Jin Dynasty drink a lot of gin, hence the name? Was gin more popular than rice wine in 3rd-century China? How many people from 3rd-century China are still alive today and can provide a useful review of the latest TW series?

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

I was on that modding team as the researcher/China designer. Uanime's map came with a lot of difficulties and compromises being made. I'm not sure if the map works properly two years later.

As for the TW3K:
    Why does CA hate China?

@Roma, The Three Kingdoms was followed by the Jin Dynasty which itself was followed by the Sixteen Kingdoms.
    It increases exponentially.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; May 16, 2018 at 12:08 PM.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    @Roma, The Three Kingdoms was followed by the Jin Dynasty which itself was followed by the Sixteen Kingdoms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post

Sixteen (16^1) Kingdoms, exponentially... 16^2... Two Hundred and Fifty Six Kingdoms!

Why Chai Tea and not Tea Chai, why Los Angeles Angels and not The Angels Angeles?
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

Patrician

Why is Chai Tea the inverse of Tai Chi?
    Does drinking Chai Tea strengthen your Chi?

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

If Ancient Chinese people work as consultants for CA, does this explain the historical inaccuracies of their titles? Has Tea Chai or Tai Chi ceremonies taking too long for their ancient staff which resulted in ETW and R2TW to be released with a ton of bugs? Do those bugs sustain themselves on Tea leaves?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Civitate

Did Buddha cut off one of his eye lids to create Green Tea or Green Chai?
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

Patrician

After the fall of the Tang Dynasty there were 5 Empires and 10 Kingdoms. Why does China hate itself???

Do the bugs replicate and infiltrate the internet?

Civitate

First, the reason why I ask this profound question:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Every few months I have the same dream... I'm walking down the main avenue of a ruined post-apocalyptic mega-city, going towards a massive building, the weather is calm and sunny with a gentle breeze.

There are strange machines laying on the streets, the are obviously some kind of robots, bipedal and arachnid like, their purpose seem not to have been one of peace. Their appearance is very ornate, as if they belong to some ancient time and not the future. The same is with buildings, they incorporate elements of Brutalism, and Art-Deco, with a touch of Neoclassicism, rather than modern architecture. There are unknown symbols and banners scattered around. Many large monuments lie in ruin, while Buildings feature reliefs depicting scenes both from Human past as well as some time unknown to me...

As I walk towards the building I hear only small birds and leaves rustling in the wind, there are no people, no small or large land animals. There's plenty of trees, the entire city is slowly being consumed by vegetation...

With each dream I reach closer to that Building, with large stained glass windows in the front middle, while the front sides feature two gigantic reliefs, seems this building might be some kind of administrative center, or seat of a government. Last time I stood before the main doors. The doors on their own are an exquisite piece of art, made out mahogany, carved with geometric-patterned reliefs.

I reach for the handle, the dream ends... until next time.

OK, let me get to the point, what I'm trying to say is, are the future Humans sending me a message from the future through dreams? Should I seek help of a Oneiromancer? Also, was this too much of a detail? Perhaps the future Humans only intended this message for myself, and clearly not for other Humans who are most likely the cause of civilization's fall...
    Last edited by Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σω May 17, 2018 at 03:17 PM.

Are the China-hating Chai tea leaf bugs from the future sending sublimal messages to Apolodoros? Or is the modern ones infiltrating his dreams?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Civitate

Are they? After all, I do drink a lot of Green Chai Tea/Tea Chai...

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

If China has so many kingdoms, is it okay if I have a few of them? Just to borrow for a while?

Can you still taste green tea if it is ingested anally? Is there a way to absorb it through the skin and digest it that way? Are there green tea skin care products? Do they prevent harmful rays from the sun that give you skin cancer? Why is the sun trying to kill us? Is the sun involved in some sort of conspiracy against us all or just certain countries? What are the sun's plans? Does it plan on imploding or exploding or both? Or none? We visited the moon, but can I visit the sun some day? Is it cold there or kind of hot?

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Is the sun involved in some sort of conspiracy against us all or just certain countries?
    All of us unfortunately! Why the sun wants to kill all of us instead of some of us?

Civitate

Why is the sun trying to kill us?
    I don't why, but should we protect ourselves by innitiating a nuclear winter?

What are the sun's plans? Does it plan on imploding or exploding or both? Or none?
    Why wait to see, can't we just blow it up with nukes. Besides do we even need the Sun? How may nukes do we need?

We visited the moon, but can I visit the sun some day?
    Can't we just send someone to land there and collect some samples?

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    All of us unfortunately! Why the sun wants to kill all of us instead of some of us?
    Because none of us praises the Sun anymore...

PS Praise the Sun! - See, now unlike the rest of you, the Sun will spare me!
    Last edited by Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σω May 18, 2018 at 02:51 PM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Why are the 2 guests currently reading this thread not signing up and participating in the fun?
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Patrician

Woah! I know Chai Tea.

Maybe they are spies from another forum?

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

What are all these things popping up in my activity stream?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Patrician

Is that the same thing as your blood stream?

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Are they televisions shows from Netflix?
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Darkan's Avatar Senator

Does Netflix pop a (blood) stream of aexodoi?
    [DLV 6.2 AAR] - The Danish House of Hen - updated 20/08/18 - on hold
    [King of Dragon Pass AAR] - The Drakkar Saga - updated 14/04/18 - on hold
    Participate in the TotW!!! PARTICIPATE!!!
    DuckDuckGo

Does eating a Minotaur count as cannibalism or as eating veal?
    How many calories Minotaur steak has?