Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beta released! link in opening post~ "SakTi RaJaPuTa" Updated 09/20/14

Summary's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: preview thread for "SakTi RaJaPuTa" the Rajputs (plenty of screenshots and videos too~)

I have work out a map with the major capitals of each of the factions that can be included in your mod. I have yet to Photoshop the regions of each dynasty onto that map. Then you can choose to crop the map however, you deem fit losing of course the factions that are peripheral to the scope of the game. The faction list is as follows:

THE PERSIANS/ARABS/TURKS:
    1. The Samanid Empire:
    Formerly covering most of modern day Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan, the Samanid Empire is now just a mere shadow of its glorious past. A war of succession has put the empire in a fragile state and to make matters worse, two military families have risen from the Turkish slave guards of the Samanid Empire itself. The Simjurids and the Ghaznavids, both are vying to place their emirs on the throne and vest control of Khurasan, south of the Oxus River. The Samanid Empire is now pushed back North (modern day Uzbekistan) and has to face the might of Simjurids and Ghaznavids all on their own.

2. The Simjurids:
    The Simjurids were a Turkish family that served the Samanid emirs of Bukhara in the 10th Century. With the death of the emir and hostilities against the Ghaznavids at an all time high, the Simjurids seek to establish their dominance over the fading Samanid Empire that has been caught in the crossfire. Succeeding initially, the Simjurids now have full control over Khurasan leaving the Ghaznavids with little choice. However, their war with three Persian empires the Samanids, the Ghaznavids and the Buwayhids are taking a heavy toll on them, and is challenging their claim as masters of Persia.

3. The Ghaznavid Empire:
    One of the two Turkish slave guards involved in a vicious power grab to ascendancy. Losing out in the early phases of the war, the Ghaznavids were left with few choices. This is when Alp Tigin decided to retire south of the Hindu Kush range, where he captured Ghazni and established a base to launch a series of campaigns into Khurasan, Sindh and Hindu Shahi. However, it wasn't until his death that his son-in-law, Sabuktigin a former slave of Alp Tigin's son, that the Ghaznavids were regarded as a sovereign from the Samanid Empire. At its greatest extent ruling parts of Persia, much of Transoxania and the northern extents of the Indian subcontinent.

4. The Buwayhid Empire:
    The only Persian Shia Empire that ruled from three major cities, located on the Mesopotamian regions. They played a vital role in weakening the Simjurids, shifting the balance of power in favour of the Ghaznavids.

5. The Hibari Dynasty:

THE INDIANS:
    1. The Hindu Shahi:
    2. The Hindu Kashmir:
    3. The Gakhars:
    4. The Janjua:
    5. The Chauhans:
    One of the four Agnikula ("Agni" meaning Fire God and "kula" means family) Rajputs, the claimed the Indian royal lineage. They ruled in areas of Ajmer.
    6. The Solankis:
    One of the four Agnikula ("Agni" meaning Fire God and "kula" means family) Rajputs, the claimed the Indian royal lineage. They ruled in areas of Northern Gujarat.

7. The Paramaras:
    One of the four Agnikula ("Agni" meaning Fire God and "kula" means family) Rajputs, the claimed the Indian royal lineage. They ruled in areas of Mewar.
    8. The Chandela:

9. The Gurjara-Pratihara Empire:
    One of the four Agnikula ("Agni" meaning Fire God and "kula" means family) Rajputs, the claimed the Indian royal lineage. They united the Rajputs under a common banner. However, war against the rising Rashtrakuta and the Pala Empires has left them in a desperate condition. They have given up most of their former territories retreating all the way to their capital Kannauj on the banks of the Ganges.

10. The Rashtrakuta Empire:
    The Imperial might of the Dravidians from the regions of Karnataka.
    11. The Pala Empire:
    A Buddhist Imperial Power in India.

There is a lot more I can type but I have to leave mid way as some important work came up. I will get back to compeleting this post, bit by bit. I am working on the map as well so you will get a good idea of the starting points of each faction mentioned. Peripheral factions include Pala Empire, The Buwayhid Empire, can effective slice of a good 10-25% of the edges of the current map. The only border I drew is around the area of Gujarat and will contain the faction, Solankis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sakti rajaputa clear.jpg  

Default Re: preview thread for "SakTi RaJaPuTa" the Rajputs (plenty of screenshots and videos too~)

that map you drew is perfect! ( I already have a Map that is working which covers that area, I would just enlarge it into India a little,) now one thing though is I am going to select after you finish drawing starting locations which factions to actually use ( I cannot use them all if we want to play this b4 our kids do! afterall I am the only modder working on this~ hint,hint)

Factions with cities on the map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sakti rajaputa factions.jpg  

Babur's Avatar ز آفتاب درخشان ستاره می

Really nice work
    Under the patronage of Gertrudius!

Default Re: Beta released! link in opening post~ "SakTi RaJaPuTa" the Rajputs (plenty of screenshots and videos too~)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-06-09 13-09-50-72.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	308672

Name:	kingdoms 2014-06-09 13-09-37-85.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	128.8 KB 
ID:	308673

Name:	kingdoms 2014-06-09 13-09-24-39.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	128.8 KB 
ID:	308674

Name:	kingdoms 2014-06-09 13-09-05-63.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	308675

unit cards for the Hindu factions, I am done with the "core" of the mod (its major features, like map, units, etc.) now is the fun part! modifying all that~

Default Re: Beta released! link in opening post~ "SakTi RaJaPuTa" the Rajputs (plenty of screenshots and videos too~)

Sounds really good, I will definately give it a try. Keep it up!

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Awesome!!

great gonna download and try it.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

That UI looks atrocious, I can't read anything

Ghazi Warrior's Avatar Libertus

Nice Work Bro. you focused on a much neglected region in tw games. keep on doing great work +rep

looking good man +rep

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Absolutely awesome!!!!!

awesome

Very good idea bringing M2 to India and particularly in that period of time. After the starting music of the video, which seems totally improper (only good for a disco ambient and thus historically improbable), the following track is really good. The yellow background pattern is historically suggestive, on the contrary, but not the best for long gaming (it makes any icon or phrase look darker than needed).

I have provided research for the Ghaznavids and Rajput factions in Broken Crescent, I can help if you want .
    Last edited by Babur; June 18, 2014 at 05:05 AM.

This is courtesy of ^ Babur. Might help you out.

I wish to help your mod out

Early Ghaznavid Empire (this information will also be useful)

traits:

khashm=able to exploit enemy weaknesses (command bonus?)

mustakhrij=extractor of information, one who is good at finding hidden wealth (public order bonus,good at catching spies and income bonus?)

ummal=tax collector

salar-i-ghulaman=commander of the slave (ghulam) part of the Ghaznavid army

salari-i-ghulaman-i-saray=same as above

ghulaman-i-saray/ghulaman-i-khass/ghulaman-i sultani=Sultan's personal guard consisting of ghulams

titles:

dabir-i-khizana=treasury official

sahib-barid=watched over both civil and military leaders

walat=governor

jama-dar=keeper of the king's wardrobe

silah-dar=sultan's armour bearer

chatr-dar=sultan's umbrella bearer (to keep out the sun and rain on hot or wet days)

alam-dar=standard bearer

sipahsalar-i Hinduyan=commander of the Indian contingent in the Ghaznavid army (a trait for family members/generals in India?)

administrative departments:

dar al-mulk=royal court

Diwan-i-Wikalat=administers the crown lands and surpervised the financial side of the running of the royal household

Diwan-i Wazir=Vizier's department, also was the premium financial department

Wakil-i-khass= administers the royal estates of the Ghaznavid royal family

Diwan-i-Risalat=Correspondance department, chancery and secretariat for the Sultan, it normally accompanied the Sultan as he moved around his real or campaigned

Diwan-i Shughl-i Ishraf-i Mamlakat=administrates the police and spy system in the provinces, thus keeping order in the empire

pilkjana=building to accommodate 1000 elephants

zarradkhana=armour

units:

sipahsalar-i-Shahanshahan=royal army

ghilman/mamalik=slave force

piyadagan-i dargahi=infantry,Indians and Dailamis (from Iran) were prominent in this role.

mutatawwi=ghazi (a volunteer element of the army), often those who sought plunder during Ghaznavid expeditions particularly those in India

yaghan=elephant,used against horsemen such as those used by the Qarakhanids.As late as 1116-117, elephants were used

misc:

kharaj: normal taxation, tax on land and agricultural produce

silat=gifts for the Sultan's favourites

awarid=irregular levies and exactions

ayyars=rebels/brigands

musadaraha=heavy fines

tala'i=watchmen

tirad/mitrad=spear

gurz=mace

qalachurs=long curve swords

niza=lance

arrada=ballista manned by soldiers from Ghor, fired stoned projectiles

Later Ghaznavid Empire

traits:

bozan=destroyer

titles:

kadkhuda=chief executive (in effect Vizier), overseer of the royal palace,harem and the princes
    mustaufi=accountant
    kanduri istizhar=official in charge of feeding the poor
    hajib al hujjab=commander-in-chief

administrative departments:

Diwan-i-Istifa=the accounting section of the Diwan-i-Wazir (Vizier), i.e. the accounts office of the Vizier.This registered transactions in it ledgers and accounted for them

barid=internal espionage (could train spies?)

ishraf=postal system (improved communications?)

units (for campaign map):

mushrif=spy
    It will amazing to have you with us Babur, although I myself much like yourself am only a assistance in the map and factions of the time frame. We would be glad to have you but the credit for this mod goes entirely to Druvatar de Bodemloze! He singlehandedly pulled this off.

Quote Originally Posted by Summary View Post
    This is courtesy of ^ Babur. Might help you out.

It will amazing to have you with us Babur, although I myself much like yourself am only a assistance in the map and factions of the time frame. We would be glad to have you but the credit for this mod goes entirely to Druvatar de Bodemloze! He singlehandedly pulled this off.
    Oh right well thanks though

Titles for the Rajputs:

titles:

Mahasandhivigrahadhikrita=supreme minister of peace and war.his role combined that of the defence and foreign minister and he accompanied the king to the battlefield

Baladhikrta Kokk ata=Military Secretary of the King

Mahabaladhikrita=commander-in-chief or great commander

sadhanika=military officer/commander who also performed civil administration duties

Mahavyuhapati=chiefmaster of military arrays

mahapilupati=chief elephant keepr also called the mahapramattavara

mahasvasadhanika/mahasvapati=chief commander of the cavalry

mahaganastha=commander of the squadron

katuka/pilupati=commander of the elephant force

mahayuddhapati=officer in charge of the armoury

paikkadhipati=commander of infantry

gaulmika=officer who commanded a troop of the soldiers or a battalion/class of military officers

maryadhaurya=warden of the marches who operated from a fort

dandanayaka/mahadandanayakas=commanders in the army

pati=superintendent of the soldiers' barracks

cata-bhata=irregular and regular soldiers.they alo worked as policemen who maintained law and order as well as caught criminals

Yamaceti=women watchers of the night

servagatah=officers of secret services

kary-adhikara=purusa=officers in charge of elephants

khola=spy or royal official

rauta=a military officer,either kshatriya or brahman

dauhsadhyasadhanika=officer in charge of siege weapons

nayaka=constable

prasati=commander

traits:

mahansenapati= high social standing, high character,has fortitude, a linguist,matchless warrior,firm resolve,well versed in the deployment of troops and use of arms

dirghadbvaga=express couriers who delivered messages very quickly

lekhaharaka=a letter courier

bhisaka=physician

naimittika=astrologer

charana=bard

mahasahaniya=great master of the stables

nagaradhipa=keeper of law and order, censor of morals

thank you all~

next version in days ~ awesome!

your map looks great specialy around ghazni,your surrounded by mountains.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast