Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: ROME II Music Modding

CA Developer Icon ROME II Music Modding

Hello

We are very happy to announce that It is now possible to mod the music in Total War: ROME II!

The very cool guys at AudioKinetic have kindly allowed ROME II modders to use Wwise 2013.1.1 and you can now mod in your own music to your hearts content. Don’t forget that you shouldn’t infringe on anyone else’s copyright when modding Total War, but we expect to see some great original compositions on Steam Workshop soon!

Find out more here:
    http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Wwise_-_Audio_Modding

Since the Modding Summit held earlier this year, we invited a few members of the modding community from all over the world to sit with us in the studio and discuss the world of mods.

During this summit we were able to discuss; our current tools and how they can be used, questions from the forums to our devs and some project ideas we could work together to achieve. While we at CA can’t promise that we can make all of their wildest modding dreams come true, we have been working hard with them behind the scenes to make music modding a reality, and have pooled their abilities to bring you this excellent mod which features the original ROME: Total War soundtrack!

If you’d like to add this mod to your game please follow the link below, and you’ll also see all of the modders that helped make this a reality

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=263097925

Thanks guys,

Joey

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: ROME II Music Modding

TheCenturion24's Avatar Semisalis

Woo, thanks CA. This is something I can definitely thank you for, and it's awesome you guys are still working on helping out modders like this. Looking forward to what will come out of it!

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Excellent news Joey, could you tell me is it permissible to use Music from Rome1 and mod it into RomeII please?
    Never the less I'm all discombobulated!

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

You should click the link at the bottom of Joey's post Brig
    Senior Designer

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted View Post
    You should click the link at the bottom of Joey's post Brig
    Ah yes, I was all of a flutter, my gratitude sir! + rep!

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Joey CA View Post
    Hello

We are very happy to announce that It is now possible to mod the music in Total War: ROME II!

The very cool guys at AudioKinetic have kindly allowed ROME II modders to use Wwise 2013.1.1 and you can now mod in your own music to your hearts content. Don’t forget that you shouldn’t infringe on anyone else’s copyright when modding Total War, but we expect to see some great original compositions on Steam Workshop soon!

Find out more here:
    http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Wwise_-_Audio_Modding

Since the Modding Summit held earlier this year, we invited a few members of the modding community from all over the world to sit with us in the studio and discuss the world of mods.

During this summit we were able to discuss; our current tools and how they can be used, questions from the forums to our devs and some project ideas we could work together to achieve. While we at CA can’t promise that we can make all of their wildest modding dreams come true, we have been working hard with them behind the scenes to make music modding a reality, and have pooled their abilities to bring you this excellent mod which features the original ROME: Total War soundtrack!

If you’d like to add this mod to your game please follow the link below, and you’ll also see all of the modders that helped make this a reality

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=263097925

Thanks guys,

Joey

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Ok. Now bring on the mapping tool, at least one that allow us to split regions I will not ask for anything for the next 10 years. :-) ... Oh, and thank you for this new modding feature. You guys are awesome !

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Ok. Now bring on the mapping tool, at least one that allow us to split regions I will not ask for anything for the next 10 years. :-) ... Oh, and thank you for this new modding feature. You guys are awesome !
    yes maps toolsss!

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

baptistus's Avatar Senator

It is a good news. So thank you AudioKinetic.
    Be to be honest it is clearly not something I really waiting for. I like the music and sounds in rome 2. But it could be usefull for total conversion.
    But to make a total conversion, we need the campaign/battle map editor. This is really what I am waiting for.

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

It's a good thing, thank you C.A.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; May 30, 2014 at 10:38 AM. Reason: not needed

Campidoctor

Rome I had some pretty awesome music. Now someone has to add in Medieval I, which had the most badass themes of any Total War game.

Out of interest does this mod keep the Rome II music or is it a total replacement?

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Bobz View Post
    Out of interest does this mod keep the Rome II music or is it a total replacement?
    This mod replace original Rome 2 soundtracks off and when you disable a mod. Original Rome 2 music and sounds will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobz View Post
    Rome I had some pretty awesome music. Now someone has to add in Medieval I, which had the most badass themes of any Total War game.

Total replacement right now.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; May 30, 2014 at 10:39 AM. Reason: continuity

Thank you very much for this. You have surely made happy many many people today and me between them And I am also adding to people who are aksing you for campaign map tools.

Does anyone know if this can be used for something besides music? Such as sound effects and the like.

This is awesome!!! Thanks so much! The Rome 1 music still sends chills down my spine haha.

my eternal thanks to the EB team for making R:TW such an epic game, and to TWC and all other modders for pushing the boundaries with each Total War title .

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Good
    Veritas Temporis Filia

I did not expect it. I am positively surprised CA.
    Last edited by Pyotr Rachkovsky; May 31, 2014 at 05:35 AM.

This is great news! I was skeptical about this ever happening and it was a great barrier imo but during modding summit it was promised that CA devs would consider talking about this with AudioKinetic & they succeeded & fulfilled their promise.

I think whichever dev made this promise to TW modders during the summit should be called Oathkeeper from now on (GoT reference)!
    Quote Originally Posted by baptistus View Post
    It is a good news. So thank you AudioKinetic.
    Be to be honest it is clearly not something I really waiting for. I like the music and sounds in rome 2. But it could be usefull for total conversion.
    But to make a total conversion, we need the campaign/battle map editor. This is really what I am waiting for.
    I'm sure that will also come out eventually, remember the game isn't even one year old as of yet and developers have to give more priority to other tasks.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast