Thread: SPQR 8 + Win7 64bit random CTDs

Saspio's Avatar Tiro

Default SPQR 8 + Win7 64bit random CTDs

Sadly the game is experiencing random CTDs. Most of the times during battles or right after you hit "End battle". It happened also on campaign map.

I am not saying its SPQR mod problem, because most likely its the game itself. The game just goes into background and a message pops up "..has stopped working, windows is looking for solution"...
    The debugger says "Access violation...".

The game is installed in steam folder and I also tried running it as administrator. Any tips how to minimize CTDs?

----------------------------
    Age quod agis

Default Re: SPQR 8 + Win7 64bit random CTDs

Yeah, that's a vanilla problem, memory leaks I guess. Sometimes if you click the End Battle before the calculations are over it crashes. There are some tips to minimize CTDs here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-on-newer-PC-s

Personally, the option to change the affinity of the cores worked very well. Never crashed and I got better performance. You can change the affinity in the task manager or with a command in the shortcut

I've heard many people complain about the win 8 with respect to most mods rtw, and spqr tw is still even worse ...
    So keep playing for windows 7 where the bugs are minor.

Quote Originally Posted by verenuspulo View Post
    I've heard many people complain about the win 8 with respect to most mods rtw, and spqr tw is still even worse ...
    So keep playing for windows 7 where the bugs are minor.
    Not for me, I had more crashes on Win7. It just crashed once since I installed win8. These crashes are probably because of ram. Win8 has better performance, more free ram, so...

Saspio's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by acmarques View Post
    Not for me, I had more crashes on Win7. It just crashed once since I installed win8. These crashes are probably because of ram. Win8 has better performance, more free ram, so...
    Well i dont think its memory shortage problem, it must be compatibility issue.
    My notebook has i7 proc, 8gigs of ram and SSD so blaiming it on performance is not the answer.

Thank you for the link and affinity tip. Will try it out.
    Last edited by Saspio; May 31, 2014 at 01:00 AM.

Age quod agis

Quote Originally Posted by Saspio View Post
    Well i dont think its memory shortage problem, it must be compatibility issue.
    My notebook has i7 proc, 8gigs of ram and SSD so blaiming it on performance is not the answer.

Thank you for the link and affinity tip. Will try it out.
    The RTW engine can only use 2gb of ram and one processor core