Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Tyson wants to box women...

Default Mike Tyson wants to box women...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes

The first thing i thought when I read this is something that I couldn't post on this forum, lol.

He said he wants to box this woman Ann Wolfe, I hope if he does that she kicks his ass but I doubt anyone would allow it to happen.

Default Re: Mike Tyson wants to box women...

You cannot expect much from such an ******* anyways.
    I sin for the good of humankind
    "I praise, I do not reproach, [nihilism's] arrival. I believe it is one of the greatest crises, a moment of the deepest self-reflection of humanity. Whether man recovers from it, whether he becomes master of this crisis, is a question of his strength."
    -Nietzsche
    Truth is not a law, a democracy, a book or a norm not even a constitution. Nor can it be read in the stars.

Moved to Universitas Ludus Olympus as Boxing is a sport......(if that...)

I'm all for this, I'd love to see some women get knocked out. You cant tell me people arent ready to buy THAT pay per view.

edit: and yes, boxing IS a sport. More of a sport than golf or bowling at least. Boxing has to be the most strenuous sport in existence, next to soccer.

tco's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by RZZZA
    I'm all for this, I'd love to see some women get knocked out. You cant tell me people arent ready to buy THAT pay per view.

edit: and yes, boxing IS a sport. More of a sport than golf or bowling at least. Boxing has to be the most strenuous sport in existence, next to soccer.
    Hey what about ultimate Frisbee man that is a strenuous sport. Mike Tyson boxing with a woman, only Mike Tyson.

Somebody has serious emotional problems. Mike Tyson that is...

I heard this on the radio when I was doing Algebra. Somehow that seemed ironic to me. I don't quite know how, but it did.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

Quote Originally Posted by tco
    Hey what about ultimate Frisbee man that is a strenuous sport. Mike Tyson boxing with a woman, only Mike Tyson.

Ultimate frisbee definetly is fun, but I dont think its very strenuous.

I thought it was a well known fact that boxing...or any kind of martial art competitions...are very, very strenuous and legitimate sports. (although maybe boxing isnt THAT legitimate anymore)

As soon as a national comission springs up to regulate ultimate frisbee, you can call it a legitimate sport.

Sammur-amat's Avatar Ordinarius

I'm all for this, I'd love to see some women get knocked out.
    Really?...Is that sum pick up line of yours? :hmmm:
    What if she ended in hospital on plastic surgery instead putting her ear back on?
    ... Are You Shpongled?
    member of S.I.N.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammur-amat
    Really?...Is that sum pick up line of yours? :hmmm:
    What if she ended in hospital on plastic surgery instead putting her ear back on?

These women get paid money to stand in the ring with Tyson, they choose to do this. This isnt ancient rome gladitorial games. Why feel sorry for these women if they chose to do this? I'm just a bloodthirsty roman citizen, I want to see BLOOD, I care not for feelings and personal problems of the boxers unless it plays into the drama of the backstory.

edit-reminds me of Andy Kaufman wrestling women. btw, if you wanna be in S.I.N. officially you have to pm me. I see a lot of people around with the S.I.N. tag who were never okayed or put on the member list.
    Last edited by RZZZA; October 18, 2006 at 04:00 PM.

Arrington's Avatar Miles

People's lives will actually come to a screeching halt if this happens. Even at 40 years old a Tyson haymaker to your brain with completely end your existence. Tyson is such a wacko. As Don King always says - Only in America.

All for money and entertainment. Anyway, people very rarely die from one knockout punch. Theres a referee and ring doctors there watching the boxers every move. The real physical damage from boxing comes from 12 rounds of sustained damage, not from the one-hit Ko's, even though they look more impressive and damaging.

Arrington's Avatar Miles

True, but that's because boxers have to fight within their weight class and gender. If Tyson connects on a woman's head who's 65 lbs. lighter than him her heart just might stop beating. Tyson seems to have gotten consideralby more retarded over time so I think your theory holds here.

Well if that 65 pound woman signed a contract and got paid, I wouldnt feel very sorry for her. The woman who gets in the ring with Tyson will knowingly place herself into great danger, so I have to believe they wont stick Tyson with a frail 65 pound elderly woman with sickle cell anemia, carpal tunnel syndrome and gout.

The woman who actually chooses to fight Tyson will think that she has a chance against him, it wont be no 65 pound woman, trust me. It'll be an adept, skilled boxer with a plan and a will to win. Or at least a will to survive and collect a massive paycheck.

I'm FOR Tyson knocking out some woman because I'm FOR womens rights. If you dont want tyson to box a woman then you must be against equal rights, against the womens rights movement of the 60's, and against progressive thought.

Its because I have so much respect for women that I want Tyson to line up 10 women and punch them all out in a row. Its for equality, god bless America.

Arrington's Avatar Miles

...so I have to believe they wont stick Tyson with a frail 65 pound elderly woman with sickle cell anemia, carpal tunnel syndrome and gout...Its because I have so much respect for women that I want Tyson to line up 10 women and punch them all out in a row. Its for equality, god bless America.

You're right on. A paycheck is a paycheck. If this thing happens it's gotta go down in a 3rd world country. This woman, whoever she is, better be collosal, because as I said - someone may cease living. It's true though - woman should have a right to step into the ring with Iron Mike if they want. I'm coming over to your place for the Pay-Per-View.

chgo's Avatar Tiro

Wouldn't be something new Mike Tyson boxing women
    Peace at home, peace in the world - Atatürk

I thought it was a well known fact that boxing...or any kind of martial art competitions...are very, very strenuous and legitimate sports. (although maybe boxing isnt THAT legitimate anymore)
    Sorry, I was thinking of wrestinling when I posted.

Boxing is definetly a sport, it takes alot of energy to do.(I mean not many people can go up and want to get punched rigth?)

It would be a HUGE payday for that woman if he did indeed box her. IF she won it would probably make womens boxing more popular as well or lead to more inter-gender sports. I personally would like to see other professional sports become inter-gender but boxing isn't one of them, at least in my opinion.

I'd bet if this happened it would be the highest grossing boxing match in history, that i'd guarntee.

Idwayreth's Avatar Centenarius

People judge Mike Tyson on every single comment that he makes and almost always in a negative manner. Tyson is right, no matter how he acts wether with the best of intentions or not, people are going to view him as an animal and misinterpret every single action he will take.

I feel truly sad for Mike Tyson. I know you're trying your hardest champ, chin up.
    If God were a man he'd be me.

At first i simply observed. But i found that without investment in others, life serves no purpose.

Wait.... you feel sad for a wife beating rapist?

I'd laugh if he got his ass kicked.

No, I'd laugh if he kicked their ass too.

It'd make for great TV. 30 women vs Mike Tyson. There can be but one surviver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast