Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Units seem a bit too tough

Default Re: Units seem a bit too tough

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    Why? Well, right now skirmishers are plain flanking troops, in the sense, that once you've engaged the main line, you go around to try and hit the enemie's infantry from behind and only from behind, because even now actual flank ranged attacks inflict minimal casualties.

My beef, i guess you could call it that, is the 99% absence of casualties inflicted from the front. Ok, they have shields, but there were always people getting killed right? Not every army worked in the roman fashion where they'd make this sort of shield wall when fired upon
    Endlessly amuses me how durable pikemen are at taking arrows. I think perhaps Testudo units may be even better, but pikemen can walk up in battle-ready formation and just stand there in a storm of parthian arrows. It's even more ridiculous if you're using Medium/Hard battle difficulty... on VH, the AI does hurt you a decent bit (but the pikes will be just fine, they can still take a mass of infantry) though by the same token, hoplites etc will be really chewed up.

I should point out, never ever bother shooting AI phalanxes. Useless from the front, does pretty much nothing. Their formation is not affected by it at all, haha.

While the Romans are pretty good at being shot (thanks to 12 shield and 16-to-18 armor), they still die a lot to souped up AI units if not in testudo. Given they are normally used as line units (unless you're like me, my Romans reformed to pikes for this reason) the results are really hilarious. AI Horsemen also like charging them, as they are sword units and so don't get the various benefits spear users have.
    Last edited by Alavaria; June 03, 2014 at 12:02 AM.

Default Re: Units seem a bit too tough

if you shoot phalanx from behind, they die , and fast, actually that's my "sandard" way to deal with agemas

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123