Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a RPG game

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Recommend a RPG game

Jeez nobody knows Divinit: Original Sin already?. Party based isometric RPG alright!.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    Jeez nobody knows Divinit: Original Sin already?. Party based isometric RPG alright!.
    It's been mentioned a few times
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

I've been looking for good recent non-weaboo JRPGs for a while. Any recommendations? Seems everythings gone down the dark pathy of cutesy nonsense and lighthearted storylines along with others things that result in weaboo appeal. I'm looking for golden age of JRPG equivalents back when it was possible to find a game with good production values and an excellent adult storyline. Like Xenogears or Final Fantasy Tactics.
    Last edited by Kanaric; July 08, 2014 at 10:57 PM.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

No fan of Final Fantasy XIII-1/2/3 then?
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Kind of ironic that a series called FINAL fantasy has more installments than any other RPG series...

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Kind of ironic that a series called FINAL fantasy has more installments than any other RPG series...
    No irony in it at all. Company was going out of business when they made it. Game sold enough to save the company.

Now it is ironic that nobody on this forum reads up on game trivia to see why a game would be named such a title, and then just shouts that out.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Now it is ironic that nobody on this forum reads up on game trivia to see why a game would be named such a title, and then just shouts that out.
    How is that irony?
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    How is that irony?
    Well I mean, game saves company from bankruptcy, gets sequels to make more money, forum posters rant about title decades later for want of being too lazy to wiki it of all things. Film at 11.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Now it is ironic that you point at someone ranting.

What's the consensus on Divinity: OS? Crowd-funded gem of a game that even had a successfull early access-exit.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    Now it is ironic that you point at someone ranting.

What's the consensus on Divinity: OS? Crowd-funded gem of a game that even had a successfull early access-exit.
    Yeah it's fantastic. there are a few bugs and some of the puzzles are a little too obscure or pixel-hunt for me, but the solution is always a google search away
    ttt

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Yeah it's fantastic
    Absolutely. Everything is amazing: Graphics, sound, gameplay, turn-based combat. I give it 9/10 +
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Hahaha. I never thought of that (not big on JRPGs) but that's incredibly ironic.

If the OP hasn't played Awakening (The Expansion to DA:O) I'd recommend he gets that on sale.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

You haven't played Gothic and Elder Scrolls series? They are not isometric RPGs, but definitely a gems worth playing. (well, except for Gothic III, at least from what I've heard)

Nesimî's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Anyone know any good MMOs to play these days? Wanna start out with some friends.
    shum

Guild Wars 2, season 2 just started.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

I know it's not quite in the theme of this thread, but in a 'best rpgs' category sooner or later someone has to mention Skyrim. That game is a masterpiece, despite its faults.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesimî View Post
    Anyone know any good MMOs to play these days? Wanna start out with some friends.
    Eve online. Look it up, it's mind-boggling.
    A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

Double
    A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by GussieFinkNottle View Post
    Eve online. Look it up, it's mind-boggling.
    If you like spreadsheet games.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Yeah it's fantastic. there are a few bugs and some of the puzzles are a little too obscure or pixel-hunt for me, but the solution is always a google search away

Love how you have to figure the quests out on your own. Never had so much fun feeling dumb, especially the Black Cove drove me mad - a tiny switch behind a painting, that leads to a room full of trolling switches.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    No irony in it at all. Company was going out of business when they made it. Game sold enough to save the company.

Considering that these games seem very different and rarely seem to be in the same universe or using the same protagionists as far as I am aware, they didnt need to call the newer games final fantasy as well..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast