Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traits of succesor chapters

Edelfred's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Traits of succesor chapters

I haven't read Vulkan lives and Massacre ,but admitedly they could have said something like that about Salamanders .

Lexicanum says something interesting.

Originally known as the XVIIIth Legion, the origins of what would become the Salamanders are largely shrouded in mystery. In order to protect the nascent Legions Astartes from both hostile action and espionage, the origins and deployments of several early Legion gene-seeds are further classified beyond usual protocol. These Legion groups were formed and established largely in separation from the rest, and it is generally thought to a very specific end. The XVIIIth Legion, along with the VIth Legion and XXth Legion, comprised this group of proto-legions. That this 'trefoil' of three proto-Legions was somehow veiled from the rest during their creation and establishment was something known only to a few. Deliberate effort was made to distance these three legions from the others. There are none save the Emperor and a handful of his aids who know what the exact purpose behind this policy was

Blood ravens were made for the game ,but
    if i remember well ,though I am not sure , in the first book they hinted that Cyrene was touched by Chaos and has been Exterminated .
    Then it has been rumoured they had not Primarch being made directly by Emp .
    Now fluff has been changed Gabriel'dad turned against Imperium etc .

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Space Wolves are a special designed legion that intended to be the "executor" of Emperor's will against other Space Marines, that was mentioned several times in the novel series.

Unfortunately currently that job is hold by Grey Knights now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

No one really knows what happened to the two Lost Legions, except the Emperor and the Primarchs, and perhaps, even they were given disinformation. I doubt it was a Chaos infiltration, since narratively and logically, that would be boring and would have made the rest a bit more paranoid about subsequent attempts.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Space Wolves are a special designed legion that intended to be the "executor" of Emperor's will against other Space Marines, that was mentioned several times in the novel series.

Unfortunately currently that job is hold by Grey Knights now.
    Who has designed the Cup of Fenris ?
    Emperor?
    I wonder will the Blood Angel in the fit of blood rage defeat Space Wolf ?
    Last edited by Edelfred; June 16, 2014 at 08:07 AM.
    Har du inte levt mitt liv
    Vet du ingenting
    Laglöst Land

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Edelfred View Post
    Who has designed the Cup of Fenris ?
    Emperor?
    Yes, it is suggesting Emperor created Space Wolves originally for that purpose, hence he change some gene information to suit that purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12